Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    England's win was also pretty unconvincing. Considering Australia have quite a few new additions, to only win by a slender margin is pretty terrible. I expect Australia to start longer next match, and they are probably value at the $2.70 and above

Quote Originally Posted by punterthon View Post
    I have to agree here. Match previews suggested the pitch would be ideal for spin. My only guess is Australia wanted to give their pace attack a warm up.
    I only watched the Aussie batted, went to sleep after they were all out for 200 and not much more on a 300+ pitch.

Maxwell was showing a bit of a fight back in the middle order, after he got out, there wasn’t much resistance in the tail .

Finch was doing well enough at the top before edging a loose ball off Ali’s first over and then bang bang Ali took out Marsh and the Captain and we never recovered !

And I don’t think the pace will be that effective England anyway. Broad and Anderson were never that fast but they bowl consistently on the length and line and have been very successful and effective for the host nation .

If only Smith were there and put a ton on the spinners !!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The 2 lowest ranked nations of the qualified 32 are going head to head. Any predictions/wagers?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Russia off to a good start but if you betting on this trash game, GL to you

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Russia off to a good start but if you betting on this trash game, GL to you
    Why? The goal handicaps would have paid handsomely!! If only I had known Saudis were this poor!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prashvj View Post
    Why? The goal handicaps would have paid handsomely!! If only I had known Saudis were this poor!
    It's a long tournament. No way you could know Russia were going to win by plenty. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Big names in the Portugual v Spain match will probably fool a few to expect a few goals. I see 2 goals as a max being scored here. Both teams to score - no is a OK price

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Other one I like tonight is Egypt and Uruguay both to score at $2.50

Senior Member(無間使者)
    What a last second free kick from Russia. Pretty impressive. Though KSR seemed a little slack.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's a long tournament. No way you could know Russia were going to win by plenty. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
    I definitely agree.
    I was watching the match and realised in the 1st half how terrible the Saudis were. I put money for the number of corners to be less than 4 in the 2nd half (@ 2.7) and won! I knew Saudis won't trouble that count and would let a goal than a corner, lol!
    It's a gamble anyways. Can't predict anything. I never put on soccer before but just was excited yesterday.

Time to put your money where your mouth is and support the Aussie and perhaps Queensland as well........ haha

Just put a 4 legs multi $10 bet in Labrokes @$630.67 to 1 !! With odds boosted.

Australia to beat France, Qld to win Game II, Australia to win the second ODI vs England and Redkirk Warrior to win the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot !!

Not a good weekend for the Aussie in sports :

Loss to France , loss to Ireland , loss to England and Nick got beaten by Roger too !

And only 2 guys made the cut at the US Open .

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The soccer roos did themselves proud against France, only a few minutes from securing a draw... can't help but think they started playing for the draw which is why they lost, when they were taking it to the French, they looked good!

Apart from the host Russia winning 5-0 in the opening, lots of very surprising results :

Argentina draw with Iceland !

Brazil draw with Switzerland!

And defending Champion Germany beaten by Mexico !

What’s going on at the World Cup ??

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by curly33 View Post
    The soccer roos did themselves proud against France, only a few minutes from securing a draw... can't help but think they started playing for the draw which is why they lost, when they were taking it to the French, they looked good!
    The subs made the difference for France. Girroud was able to draw defenders giving Pogba a bit of space. Smart tactical move by the coach. I wish we had Timmy on the park!! We had several free kicks...and only Timmy can finish them.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah lost a couple of hundrerds. I was betting treble: germany, brazil and serbia. Damn it!!

Quote Originally Posted by freshjive View Post
    Yeah lost a couple of hundrerds. I was betting treble: germany, brazil and serbia. Damn it!!
    Haha, I actually had a 5 legs :

Russia, Uruguay, Argentina, Germany and Brazil- I though the odds are pretty good with all the favourites, turned out I’m not even half close!!

England bats men set a new world record in ODI last night destroying the Aussie B team for 6/481 - we were all out for less than half of that and wasted 13 overs !

I can understand no Smith and Warner. But where the bloody hell were Starc? Cummings and Hazelwood? And why is our no 1 Test Spinner Nathan Lyon sitting on the bench when the two England spinners took 7 wickets between them .

One more question, on the second game we won the toss and sent England in to bat and they put 300+ on us. Why did we choose to bowl again ??

Seriously?

The Socceroos are playing Denmark 🇩🇰 tonight, if we lose, the World Cup campaign is over. Can we beat the Danes ??

It’s a do or die for the Aussie boys tonight, and if the new coach doesn’t use Timmy Cahill and lose the match = get eliminated, it would be the biggest stuff up in this country’s sporting history !

I would bring Cahill out in the hour mark and give him 30 min to fulfill his destiny! To score in 4 successive World Cup and guides his country to the next round. I’m sure the Danes all know who he is and will mark him up very tight once he is on the field - so even if he doesn’t score he will create space and opportunities for other teammates and we can put Arzani on at the same time to put the Danes to the sword - sounds like a good plan ??

How much will a same game multi pays for the Aussie to win and both Timmy and Daniel to score ?? @$42.75!

Go Aussie !!

Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast