Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    So, another World Cup campaign is over for the Aussie ! Bottom of the group, 2 losses and 1 draw, 1 point and both goals were penalties- meaning we had failed to score in over 280+ min of open football.
    After three minutes of play I thought "I'll just rest my eyes for a moment."

I then woke up with about 2 minutes to go and we were down 2-O!

I suppose I at least missed out on the frustration of seeing them not being able to score!

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    After three minutes of play I thought "I'll just rest my eyes for a moment."

I then woke up with about 2 minutes to go and we were down 2-O!

I suppose I at least missed out on the frustration of seeing them not being able to score!
    We have quite a few opportunities in the first half but couldn’t finish and I was thinking we need Tim and Daniel out there . But before we could, Peru put 2 goals on us and they are on the height of confidence and we were panic and chasing ! So much what if or what could have been. But to me I think our campaign was lost when we couldn’t beat Denmark last time !

In the end, it won’t even matter if we beat Peru by 5-0, we are still coming home because the French and Danes had a friendly no risk nil all draw and progress to the next round.

Wow, Germany got beaten by South Korea and going home !

No more defending champion, I didn’t see that coming!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    We have quite a few opportunities in the first half but couldn’t finish and I was thinking we need Tim and Daniel out there . But before we could, Peru put 2 goals on us and they are on the height of confidence and we were panic and chasing ! So much what if or what could have been. But to me I think our campaign was lost when we couldn’t beat Denmark last time !

In the end, it won’t even matter if we beat Peru by 5-0, we are still coming home because the French and Danes had a friendly no risk nil all draw and progress to the next round.
    Is Australia the only team that didn’t score a single goal from open play in this world cup?
    Well we finished bottom compared to the other asian teams in the tournament. That just says it all. Will be interesting to see Arnold style of play for the national team.

I wonder if the hot hot weather in Russia is favouring the remaining South American teams ??

Spain and England could be meeting in the semi, they are in the easier side of the draw.

The top half, well, it’s between Brazil and Argentina. But first thing first, bring on CR vs Messi !!

Daly Cherry Evans got a recall as no 7 for the Maroons and he’s a more established goal kicker . Slater will Captain Queensland for the first and final times .

I have a feeling that they either put on a big score on the Blues at Suncorp or suffer a heavy defect ?

Everyone on the Queensland back line will score !!

This is it, World Cup quarter finals starting tonight, and then there’s only 8 teams left. 4 of them former champions and 4 countries trying to lift the Cup for the first time.

I’m tipping an England vs France final!

Thoughts ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is it, World Cup quarter finals starting tonight, and then there’s only 8 teams left. 4 of them former champions and 4 countries trying to lift the Cup for the first time.

I’m tipping an England vs France final!

Thoughts ?
    England looks the 5th best team out of the 8, yet 2nd favourites. Luck of the draw. Can also say due to other teams' failures Ger, Arg, Spain..

Anyway you only play whose opposite you.. similar to tennis draws.

My head says it'll be as you predicted FRA vs ENG. But something tells me Sweden might go for broke instead of trying to just defend and knockout England?

Quote Originally Posted by Prashvj View Post
    England looks the 5th best team out of the 8, yet 2nd favourites. Luck of the draw. Can also say due to other teams' failures Ger, Arg, Spain..

Anyway you only play whose opposite you.. similar to tennis draws.

My head says it'll be as you predicted FRA vs ENG. But something tells me Sweden might go for broke instead of trying to just defend and knockout England?
    On World Cup history alone , one would think Brazil must be very hard to beat now considering the other remaining 7 teams : no Italy , no Argentina and most significantly No Germany!

But I just can’t see Brazil winning it ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    On World Cup history alone , one would think Brazil must be very hard to beat now considering the other remaining 7 teams : no Italy , no Argentina and most significantly No Germany!

But I just can’t see Brazil winning it ?
    Me either. They have got 2 tough match-ups next Belgium and France/Uruguay. I anticipate them to get knocked out in one of them.
    Moreover I hate to see the cry baby crowned. Neymar....

Quote Originally Posted by Prashvj View Post
    Me either. They have got 2 tough match-ups next Belgium and France/Uruguay. I anticipate them to get knocked out in one of them.
    Moreover I hate to see the cry baby crowned. Neymar....
    France and England for the Final!

France and England for the Final!

Yeap, looking more likely it’s England vs France for the World Cup final and it might also come down to penalty shoot out in the end ! Take you pick ?

Banned
    As a First Fleeter descendant, England is my second team.

I just have to go missing on "Invasion Day"

Dare to dream - 1966 - Bobby Charlton!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) Travelmate's Avatar
    France to win the cup

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    As a First Fleeter descendant, England is my second team.

I just have to go missing on "Invasion Day"

Dare to dream - 1966 - Bobby Charlton!
    And Hong Kong was a former British Colony !

For Queen and Country !

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelmate View Post
    France to win the cup
    Im glad u r on this...how much hv u bet?

I got france to win after 1st game and put $2K on france to win at $10.00

Was thinking about hedge? But no way crotia will beat England. And if England goes through they will lose. England is yet to play good team. Panama, Tunisia, Sweden. Columbia was without their player. Belgium was dead match. Crotia players will be tired.

Good luck

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    England are rubbbish - Croatia will smash them.
    France are good but Belgium are better - Belgium will smash them.
    It’s a Belgium v Croatia Final.
    And Belgium will smash Croatia.
    Belgium World Champions.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This England team is quite something in my opinion. Good keeper, stable back line and pretty strong forward. I would say they can go all the way to the final. Croatia keeper isn’t as good. He’s injured as well. So will be interesting. Wonder whats the off for the Poms to win it?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freshjive View Post
    This England team is quite something in my opinion. Good keeper, stable back line and pretty strong forward. I would say they can go all the way to the final. Croatia keeper isn’t as good. He’s injured as well. So will be interesting. Wonder whats the off for the Poms to win it?
    England have been extremely lucky in the draw they have had and the teams they have faced in this tornament.
    They have still not played a top 10 ranked team.
    In fact the first top 10 team they will face will be in the Final (ie Belgium or France)
    Group stage they played Tunisia and Panama who both rubbish teams.
    Then played Belgium but it was a dead rubber.
    They lost that game probably deliberately and were rewarded for their loss by landing in the easy half of the tournament thus avoiding all the top teams.
    Then they played Colombia who are a very undisciplined team and their top forward Jaime Rodriguez didn’t play due to injury.
    Even then they only managed to win because of a dubious penalty on Kane and only after extra time and penalty shoot out.
    Then they played Sweden a very average team who basically just defend and have no quality forwards.
    Now they face Croatia who are a pretty good team but are physically and mentally exhausted after two extra time penalty shoot outs in a row and many top players carrying injuries.
    They must be the luckiest team in the history of the World Cup.

Banned
    Not an England fan, but looking at their performance at the previous World Cup, it’s a fucking miracle they get to the semifinal.

Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast