Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1914

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Time to get excited about the Wimbledon again and get behind Ash Barty, in the semi for the first time.

Go Ash !

10.30pm tonight, Ash Bartley vs Angelique Kerber for a place in the Wimbledon Final.

Go Ash

Go Queenslander !

10.30pm tonight, Ash Bartley vs Angelique Kerber for a place in the Wimbledon Final.

Go Ash

Go Queenslander !
    Ash won the first set 6-3, but down 0-3 in the second, game on !

Australia should stand up and cheer on our first finalist in the Wimbledon Championship since how many years ?

Kerber came back hard in the second set , serving for the set at 5-3 when Ash broke her to love, then a quick service game to love as well before leading 6 love in the tie break and eventually winning 7-3 to reach her first Wimbledon Final.

Great game Ash.

Go Queensland !

Banned
    Ash is a class act, I wish more sportsmen would look to her as a rolemodel...........

Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    Ash is a class act, I wish more sportsmen would look to her as a rolemodel...........
    It’s been 41 years since Yvonne Goolagong last reached a Wimbledon Final and won it. Talking about long time between drinks !

Go Ash !

Congratulations to Ashley Barty, Wimbledon champion 2021 !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Barty with the Wimbledon Championship trophy in her hands talking to Katie , how good is that !

What a day for women sports in Australia!

Apart from Ash’s stunning Wimbledon win, another very special lady in Jamie Kah broke the long standing record of reaching 100 winners in metropolitan Victorian tracks and the first woman to win the jockeys premiership in Victoria.

Banned
    Barty with the Wimbledon Championship trophy in her hands talking to Katie , how good is that !
    Both all class

Wow, Benny Hunt in no 9 scored a double !

My QLD +11.5 @$1.90 can not be denied now!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Moses will appear on the back of a milk carton tomorrow MIA the entire game

Quote Originally Posted by Rogeryou View Post
    Moses will appear on the back of a milk carton tomorrow MIA the entire game
    I think the Blues would have been better served if Freddy had picked the Bunny halves of Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker especially with Mitchell at the back , Cook at 9 and Cam Murray in the middle? Luckily he didn’t !

NSW just have so much more players to pick from .

And Queensland is a different team with Ponga in the side . I think Ben Hunt would have his no 9 jersey locked in for next year if he’s healthy.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I think the Blues would have been better served if Freddy had picked the Bunny halves of Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker especially with Mitchell at the back , Cook at 9 and Cam Murray in the middle? Luckily he didn’t !

And Queensland is a different team with Ponga in the side . I think Ben Hunt would have his no 9 jersey locked in for next year if he’s healthy.
    I would have went with Reynolds Walker. Jack Wighton is not a half, he can’t kick, he doesn’t have the ability to bring in his CTW nor the edge backrower into play. All he is good for is 10m out of the try line as a big body. Latrell caught a cold tonight lol.
    Still not sold on our forward pack either no heart. Radley needs to be the lock forward for the blues.
    Should be a better contest next year Qld get Lindsay Collins, Fifita and Harry Grant.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

Agree with that 100%. All the talk in Sydney since Game 2 has been about a whitewash and all believing that it would happen. FFS give Queensland some credit, they played better than the previous 2 games. I really liked Fittler as a player and coach but why does he have to blame the ref all the time ?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogeryou View Post
    I would have went with Reynolds Walker. Jack Wighton is not a half, he can’t kick, he doesn’t have the ability to bring in his CTW nor the edge backrower into play. All he is good for is 10m out of the try line as a big body. Latrell caught a cold tonight lol.
    Still not sold on our forward pack either no heart. Radley needs to be the lock forward for the blues.
    Should be a better contest next year Qld get Lindsay Collins, Fifita and Harry Grant.
    Agree with that also, Radley is a must for NSW. I think that Latrell Mitchell will end up being a truly great player but he has to get a lot of shit out of his game, he tries to play the tough guy too much. I am old enough to remember Arthur Beetson playing for Redcliffe in Brisbane as a centre before he went to Balmain and the Roosters...and Latrell is exactly like Beetson...I think he will eventually be moved into the forwards in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwally View Post
    Agree with that also, Radley is a must for NSW. I think that Latrell Mitchell will end up being a truly great player but he has to get a lot of shit out of his game, he tries to play the tough guy too much. I am old enough to remember Arthur Beetson playing for Redcliffe in Brisbane as a centre before he went to Balmain and the Roosters...and Latrell is exactly like Beetson...I think he will eventually be moved into the forwards in the future.
    Hey King Wally, bet you had a beer or two last night after Benny Hunt crossed for his second try untouched. Very happy for him to stand up and proved beyond doubt he is an Origin player. And with that second half bravery I officially forgive his drop ball on kick off in that heart broken Broncos Cowboys Grand Final Loss!

One more question: Mitchell vs an early days GI ? Thoughts ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    "One more question: Mitchell vs an early days GI ? Thoughts ?"

Both great NSW players....

Seriously, well done QLD and at least something to talk about an even contest next year....

Tommy, Mitchell, Teddy and Cleary... (Hard to beat when they are all on the field together if the forwards hold their own)

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster18 View Post
    "One more question: Mitchell vs an early days GI ? Thoughts ?"

Both great NSW players....

Seriously, well done QLD and at least something to talk about an even contest next year....

Tommy, Mitchell, Teddy and Cleary... (Hard to beat when they are all on the field together if the forwards hold their own)
    The difference between the two is GI had more speed was leaner more athletic better balance. LM has more power better vision and creates something out of nothing. Both tend to go missing both lazy both play better from in front.

NSW messed up with selections, two hookers was a mistake and the non selection of the souffs halves cost us. Moses and especially Wighton should never ever be selected.

All 4 CTW caught colds outside these stooges. The only creative ones were Cook and Teddy who should have got player of the series

Our soccer teams have a great start in the Olympic:

Men’s beat Argentina 2-0 ! While Spain drawn 0-0 with Egypt. Very good chance to progress to the next round.

Women’s beat the Kiwis 2-1 with Sweden beating the USA 3-0!

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi !

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I don't usually watch opening ceremonies because I think they are cheesy, cliched, corny, tacky and boring.
    But I will make an exception for the Japanese just because they are so wacky.
    The Olympics is for a global audience so don't expect the usual Japanese totally non-PC craziness but I am hoping they will sneak in a bit of their wackiness - like maybe some JAV stars riding giant inflatable penises - one can only hope

Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast