Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1914

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    His application form has now changed from Novax Djokovic to Novisa Djokovic.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Very interesting that the Victorian Government had put Novak in the Park Hotel, at first I thought that must be one of those luxury 4/5 Star quarantine hotel . But then the news came out that it is in fact a very run down hotel being used for detainees who are asylum seekers and some of them been there for 9 years.

I won’t be surprised if Novak would vow never to return down under after receiving this treatment.

I also think that “rules is rules “, and Novak should be told upfront that if he is not fully vaccinated he won’t be able to enter Australia hence he won’t be defending his title , no mucking around with exemptions and all that.
    Problem is Tennis Australia told him he had an exemption. That's why the shit hit the fan when he got here as the Feds never gave him one. TA has a lot to answer for.

The immigration minister explained quite clearly this morning on TV:

Granting someone a Visa to Australia is totally separated from actually allowing someone to enter the country upon arrival. As a Visa could be valid for a few years and during that time, border security could change due to a number of reasons, National Security, Covid Safe Protocols etc.

But I agree with you, Novak has been known for being an antivax, and being the no 1 player in the world and defending champion of the AO, it’s definitely Tennis Australia’s job and top priority to make sure he either CAN come to Australia to play or say not this time, see you when the Pandemic is over. Someone in TA earning a big fat salary needs to be held responsible for the stuff ups.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    His visa got canceled so he won’t be back to play in Oz for 3 years. This could be the last we see him in Oz. Bye bye!

Banned
    The whole thing has been a shitfest and could have been resolved without wrecking the tournament.

At 92% vaccinated, there is no risk to us in an unvaccinated person, who does not have COVID coming to this country. The risk is to him. It’s not like he is going to be a drain on the country’s health resources.

As for the argument that there will be an uprising of the unvaccinated - well there already have been for nearly 12 months and I don’t recall seeing any Novak posters in those crowd photos.

This could have all been dealt with by creating a bubble for the tennis players. We do it for the AFL for goodness sakes and the cricket and they do this around the world for different sports.

It’s an embarrassing shambles for Fortress Australia.

Banned
    Anyone watching the girls play tennis at the Australian Open or has everyone lost interest after the Djokovic stuff up? Two Japanese girls playing doubles right now. Not Naomi Osaka. Any glamours playing in the tournament?

This is the Australian Open Tennis, stand and applause:

Australian Open 2022 LIVE updates: Kyrgios and Kokkinakis to meet Ebden and Purcell in all-Aussie Men's Double Final; Dylan Alcott and Ashleigh Barty in action later today

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Socceroos v Vietnam tonight. LIve on free to air 10 Bold. Must win game for Australia.
    Apologies to the Vietnamese bros, but Socceroos are gonna win 4-0 tonight.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Congratulations to Ash Barty, what a Champion, came back from 1-5 down and won her home Slam. It’s been 44 long years.

Great to see Evonne Coolagong presenting the trophy to Ash. And one very special Cathy Freeman on the stand taking photo, from one legend to another .

Couldn’t get any better for Australian Sports and a guaranteed Aussie men’s double champion will also be crowned in the next match.

After Djokovic was sent home before the AO, I placed two bets:

Barty $2.60 / Nadal $4.50 double @$11.70 for $20

Barty $2.60 / Medvedev $2.37 double @$6.16 for $30

Happy to just sit back and collect.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Would rather Rafa win so it keep Djokovic just a little further away from the record!

Quote Originally Posted by imaragingbull View Post
    Would rather Rafa win so it keep Djokovic just a little further away from the record!
    Exactly my sentiments!!

Go Rafa !!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I reckon it will be Medvedev’s day. He’s got the game to do it. He’s just got to keep his emotions in check… what is it with Russian players and their emotions huh? Never seen a single Russian player without that problem… they ought to make it compulsory training to build EQ.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Exactly my sentiments!!

Go Rafa !!
    Definitely cheering for Rafa. He is my favourite of the Big 3.
    Djokovic is a dick head and Roger is a creepy weirdo. Typical Swiss - neither here nor there.
    Don't like Medvedev - typical rude Russian. And he looks like a nerdy serial killer too.
    But I predict Medvedev will win. Rafa is carrying too many injuries and not getting any younger.
    But hopefully the old wounded bull has got one last big game left in him.
    Vamos El Toro!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Definitely cheering for Rafa. He is my favourite of the Big 3.
    Djokovic is a dick head and Roger is a creepy weirdo. Typical Swiss - neither here nor there.
    Don't like Medvedev - typical rude Russian. And he looks like a nerdy serial killer too.
    But I predict Medvedev will win. Rafa is carrying too many injuries and not getting any younger.
    But hopefully the old wounded bull has got one last big game left in him.
    Vamos El Toro!
    Can’t argue with that. Rafa has got to be the most honest and genuine out of all the big 3 or 4. Full support for Rafa, let’s go!

Rafa finally got a set back, still a long way back though, can those aging old legs run for two more sets to win in 5 ?

Go Rafa !!

Two sets all, Rafa fans start believing!!

Go Rafa !!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Omg, glad I found this post, so happy to discuss tennis with someone else

99 King Member (帝皇會員) Travelmate's Avatar
    5 set. Nadal 3 Medvedev 2. Duece 5

Senior Member(無間使者)
    He’s done it! Rafa 21!

Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast