Thread: Are Bookings Taken Seriously in Low-End Shops?

Junior Member(有D料到)

Are Bookings Taken Seriously in Low-End Shops?

Last weekend, I made a booking at Kyoto 206 for Hitomi. The roster quite clearly said she's available from 7pm, so to avoid any waiting time, I booked from 7pm.

But when I arrived, I found to my dismay she was not available, because the customer before me had extended. Now keep in mind the advertised time of availability was 7pm and my booking was accepted. Therefore, in theory I should not have had to wait at all ASSUMING she had started at the advertised start time. Look I don't mind being held up 5-10 mins for the previous customer. I understand things can get delayed a bit, but totally ignoring a booking? Why take the booking at all if you can't guarantee availability at the specified time? Isn't that the whole point of a booking - to eliminate the waiting time?

The receptionist was profusely apologetic, but it still didn't change the fact that I had made a special journey out to the city to see this girl and then got cock-blocked. For me, it's a solid 80-minute journey one-way. Basically almost 3 hours lost.

Over the years, I've noticed a pattern: The shops which don't ask for a customer's contact number (usually low-end shops) cannot be relied upon to keep their word regarding a booking. There is only one shop I've ever come across (a high end shop) who always asks for a number and once, I was legitimately delayed by about 5 mins, and they actually used that number to chase me up. This is how it should be. But last weekend, it was I, the customer, who had to encourage Kyoto to take my number! So it's not like they couldn't contact me to warn me what had happened.

Please, shopkeepers and receptionists - DO NOT TAKE BOOKINGS if you can't or won't honour them. Simple as that! If you are going to take bookings seriously, this means not accepting extensions if it is going to clash with a later booking.

Not all customers are unreliable. So of us do bend over backwards to keep our appointments.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It happens all the time with bookings. It is no different to booked appointments at your local doctor's.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Kyoto really is a low end shop so don't expect much from them.

Banned
    According to Kyoto's roster, Hitomi starts work at 7pm. How could a customer extend her if she is supposed to start her shift at 7pm? You can figure it out for yourself what's going on here. In this case, Kyoto appears to have ignored your booking. You should check previous threads about Kyoto 206.

If a shop is serious about taking a booking, it will ask for your name and number. If you are running late, they can probably give you an extra 5-10 minutes if you call them in advance to say you're running late. Hopefully a respectable shop will honour your booking.

Once I made a booking with a shop and to my surprise they didn't ask for my details. When I turned up and asked for the girl, they said she was busy. I then mentioned that I had made a booking at a certain time over the phone. Their response was "we couldn't hold her for you if another customer had come in earlier and wanted to see her". What about my booking? Well, it's all about money guys!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Only dipshit operators do those things.

Up to you whether you want to play along.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    move on and go for others lol easy

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    According to Kyoto's roster, Hitomi starts work at 7pm. How could a customer extend her if she is supposed to start her shift at 7pm?
    Maybe Hitomi started earlier that day.

Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Once I made a booking with a shop and to my surprise they didn't ask for my details. When I turned up and asked for the girl, they said she was busy. I then mentioned that I had made a booking at a certain time over the phone. Their response was "we couldn't hold her for you if another customer had come in earlier and wanted to see her". What about my booking? Well, it's all about money guys!
    By that response you got, it sounds like they don't care.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frank_zane View Post
    I frequent Roseville and Diamonds 81, both considered low end, but have never had a drama with bookings. I think Kyoto might just be shite.
    Some places don't care about good customer service which is all about bringing customers back and about sending them away happy who in their turn become repeat customers. Good customer service is the lifeblood of any business and unless you can get some of those customers to come back, your business won't be profitable for long.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Ok, I've had similar experiences which have really pissed me off. But it differs from shop to shop and how management want to run things. I agree with you that the lower end shops (higher customer turnover) tend to honour bookings less. (but not always). Here's a few of my experiences

- Making at a booking at a a particular time, and being told the customer 'extended' for 30 mins. Once, I sat in the waiting area of this mediocre shop, listening to a guys session, until I had to get ouit of there. When I opened the door, they had one of those chimes, and the owner came rushing out to stop me and tell me it was my time almost.

- Same scenario as above, was seriously pissed off as I had to go elsewhere and had come to see a particular girl. Had a fight with the owner, but ended up trying a new girl, who delivered excellent service. Then, my girl finished in the meantime, and I booked her for a short session. It ended up being a cracker of a little session, as my girl felt very flattered that I had fought with the manager over her, and she thought I really liked her, and got really into the session

- Went into one shop, and told the girl I was after would be free in 10 mins, I said 'OKbut didn't officially book. Went back in 10 mins and the reception girl told me that girl finished early and she gave her to another customer! Was pissed at the time, but technically I did not book.

- Went to one shop where they said they weren't free then because a customer was coming in about 15 mins. I asked for 20 mins, they said they couldn't because the customer was coming in 15. I said so what if he waits 5 mins? They said they don't do that and customers always fight with them about this topic. I was pissed, but technically they're in the right. An example of a shop that strictly honours bookings.

- Some shops told me they wait 5 mins for customers, some wait 10 mins. The higher end shops tend to wait longer and will call you.

- Booked a girl at 7pm for half an hour. A customer came 5 mins before me and asked for an hour, so they overruled my booking. Their fault. Very pissed.

- The worst ever. Asked for half hour at a shitty little shop. The woman gave me 10 mins and told me another customer had booked and was trying to get me out of the room. Wanted to go nuts but controlled myself. Pissed as hell!