Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think positive well written reviews boost patronage

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Do you think positive well written reviews boost patronage

Anybody got an educated view on the above question.

Would love to hear from any shop owners or anyone in the know if they have seen a spike in punters after a great review from here

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I'm not 'in the know' but I'm sure that 100% it does!

Just have a look at the amount of views for every AR or thread. These are all punters!

A newbie just posted about how good Aloe Vera is, and I already want to go!

And don't forget the 'curiosity ' factor.

Shops (like all shops eg restaurants) thrive on a good reputation.

This is what this site is partly about. Trying to figuire out where to spend your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan86 View Post
    I'm not 'in the know' but I'm sure that 100% it does!

Just have a look at the amount of views for every AR or thread. These are all punters!

A newbie just posted about how good Aloe Vera is, and I already want to go!

And don't forget the 'curiosity ' factor.

Shops (like all shops eg restaurants) thrive on a good reputation.

This is what this site is partly about. Trying to figuire out where to spend your money.
    And that newbie has just switched to 1B QVB , and he was happy enough to die after that happy ending..........., in his own words, haha, may be not yet as he just started to get the taste of it so he wants to experience more "die in heaven" feelings !

But may be a quick answer to the OP, I read an AR from brothe Mr Crash and Burn about one Tiffany girl at Snow Lotus back in late 2011, I had an opportunity to try that shop as a walk in, I met no Tiffany but saw Cici and Vicky for the first time, and the rest , was .......... Well , it's an old story

Cheers

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    And that newbie has just switched to 1B QVB , and he was happy enough to die after that happy ending..........., in his own words, haha, may be not yet as he just started to get the taste of it so he wants to experience more "die in heaven" feelings !

But may be a quick answer to the OP, I read an AR from brothe Mr Crash and Burn about one Tiffany girl at Snow Lotus back in late 2011, I had an opportunity to try that shop as a walk in, I met no Tiffany but saw Cici and Vicky for the first time, and the rest , was .......... Well , it's an old story

Cheers
    Lol. Love newbies!

I remember once meeting a newbie at Chicago who was literally going out of his mind after trying it for the first time. Have to admit though, the girl he got was a stunner and knew how to do a proper job!

But come on, we've all been through that feeling. That's why we're still punters to this day!

After this convo, I'm going to sign up for both Aloe Vera AND QVB!

Oh, and in answer to the OPs question, I do know of an owner who used to check reviews sites, and was really upset after a bad review/ complaint was published in one of the forums. I also know of an owner who used to post fake reviews online (you know who you are!), although they were easy to detect due to the broken English!

Lol. Love newbies!

I remember once meeting a newbie at Chicago who was literally going out of his mind after trying it for the first time. Have to admit though, the girl he got was a stunner and knew how to do a proper job!

But come on, we've all been through that feeling. That's why we're still punters to this day!

After this convo, I'm going to sign up for both Aloe Vera AND QVB!

Oh, and in answer to the OPs question, I do know of an owner who used to check reviews sites, and was really upset after a bad review/ complaint was published in one of the forums. I also know of an owner who used to post fake reviews online (you know who you are!), although they were easy to detect due to the broken English!
    That's interesting what did said owner do after the bad review? Offer like a discount next time they went?

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    A positive review might stir my curiosity, and I'll try the shop/girl. But if she doesn't live up to my expectations, I won't return.

But then again, an unknown shop might also stir my curiosity; I'll react in exactly the same way.

Reflecting back, I think I've had more fun in the "unknowns".

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If they didn't their wouldn't be so many gushingly positively reviews on this site, and owners continually bumping them...

Personally i take most of the reviews with a grain of salt -- if shops put more effort into ensuring rosters/ descriptions/ photos/ websites etc are up to date, I suspect they would get greater return for effort

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by caff3ry View Post
    That's interesting what did said owner do after the bad review? Offer like a discount next time they went?
    Ok, it's a bit of a funny story.

I used to be a regular at a place that was an rnt that didn't want the council on to them. The owner used to check the review sites every day to see if something was published!

I published a good review of the shop after a good session (before I knew the owner checked it and didn't want reviews ). The next time I returned, the owner was laughing and said she knew it was me who did the review (yes, may this serve as a warning with ARs ), and I was pretty embarrassed. However, many people had done reviews before of the shop, and not all of them were good.

So on one hand, she didn't want any reviews, due to council worries, but was at least happy about mine because it was quite positive.(good for business).

So we used to chat about the review site etc when I would visit, and see who had written what. Then one day, I notice on the site is a scathing review against one of the girls about how she ripped off the customer and wouldn't extend the booking time (ripping off the owner). (Incidentally, This ML also asked me to go out drinking with Her, so I could have had a freebie I reckon)

So I call up the shop to make my usual booking, and then the owner says in an upset tone 'did you see it??'. I go in there, and we spend a good half hour discussing it, but let's just say she was very upset that it was published on this site! And what's more, the guy who wrote the review even made a point of addressing it to her! She kept saying that he should have just told her directly about the whole thing rather than publish it. She said she knew who he was and was going to speak with him about it. No one wants people to think that their girls are cheats who will rip you off!

Now, let me tell you there's another story in the midst of this. I'll expand on this another day, if someone starts a thread on this topic. When I published my 'good review', ML in question who I named was totally distraught that she'd been 'outed' for giving extras! (apparently she had told her boyfriend that she did 'massage only'). I had no idea that this shop was 'undercover ' so to speak, so I had no idea I shouldn't have. The ML then confronted me in tears saying she hadn't slept for a week! I then deleted my post.

I've heard they have since been found out by the council and have had to 'go legit'. From what I've heard, no extras anymore.

Ive also moved on to shops with younger girls which suit me better, so I haven't seen them in ages. I do have some good memories though. It was fun while it lasted. I should visit them once, just for old times sake.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Now, let me tell you there's another story in the midst of this. I'll expand on this another day, if someone starts a thread on this topic. When I published my 'good review', ML in question who I named was totally distraught that she'd been 'outed' for giving extras! (apparently she had told her boyfriend that she did 'massage only'). I had no idea that this shop was 'undercover ' so to speak, so I had no idea I shouldn't have. The ML then confronted me in tears saying she hadn't slept for a week! I then deleted my post.

Rather funny that the boyfriend was reading forums like this to check up on girls? LOL

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    That's right her boyfriend is probably a punter too lol!! How weird would it be if you were punting and booked your own girlfriend ?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam88 View Post
    That's right her boyfriend is probably a punter too lol!! How weird would it be if you were punting and booked your own girlfriend ?
    I think the boyfriend was originally a punter who met her in the shop and started dating her. She then told him that she would not 'do extras' anymore, now that they were together , and he (foolishly) believed her.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    As a seasoned punter, if my girl friend got a job in a massage shop, I would definitely want to know what the shop was. She couldn't put one over me that it was "legit".

Ok, it's a bit of a funny story.

I used to be a regular at a place that was an rnt that didn't want the council on to them. The owner used to check the review sites every day to see if something was published!

I published a good review of the shop after a good session (before I knew the owner checked it and didn't want reviews ). The next time I returned, the owner was laughing and said she knew it was me who did the review (yes, may this serve as a warning with ARs ), and I was pretty embarrassed. However, many people had done reviews before of the shop, and not all of them were good.

So on one hand, she didn't want any reviews, due to council worries, but was at least happy about mine because it was quite positive.(good for business).

So we used to chat about the review site etc when I would visit, and see who had written what. Then one day, I notice on the site is a scathing review against one of the girls about how she ripped off the customer and wouldn't extend the booking time (ripping off the owner). (Incidentally, This ML also asked me to go out drinking with Her, so I could have had a freebie I reckon)

So I call up the shop to make my usual booking, and then the owner says in an upset tone 'did you see it??'. I go in there, and we spend a good half hour discussing it, but let's just say she was very upset that it was published on this site! And what's more, the guy who wrote the review even made a point of addressing it to her! She kept saying that he should have just told her directly about the whole thing rather than publish it. She said she knew who he was and was going to speak with him about it. No one wants people to think that their girls are cheats who will rip you off!

I've heard they have since been found out by the council and have had to 'go legit'. From what I've heard, no extras anymore.

Ive also moved on to shops with younger girls which suit me better, so I haven't seen them in ages. I do have some good memories though. It was fun while it lasted. I should visit them once, just for old times sake.
    Interesting story! However that also leave me with a question, if writing AR's can get our favourite shops into strife then what are we to do? Without AR's we lose a lot of information. Is there a guideline in which in which how we write our AR's then? the last we punters want I think is to see our favourite places be council raided and get our MLs into predicaments.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Pussyhands's Avatar
    I am sure it does as some shops discount customers to review girls (without telling them what to write)

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Interesting story! However that also leave me with a question, if writing AR's can get our favourite shops into strife then what are we to do? Without AR's we lose a lot of information. Is there a guideline in which in which how we write our AR's then? the last we punters want I think is to see our favourite places be council raided and get our MLs into predicaments.
    write them on the Private AR section (you'll gain access after your 50th post)

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I think that you should think about whether they are licensed and above board or not.

Some of my favourite places have been shut down, but the owners encouraged ARs as it was good for business. Other shops I've mentioned regarding ARs, and they told me not to write anything out of council fears.

If you see a shop which offers extras but makes a point to pass themselves off as legit, usually located in a suburb, I wouldn't say their shops name.

If the shop is in the city and licensed, and has pictures of girls all over their website, and there are many reviews online already - I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I think that you should think about whether they are licensed and above board or not.

Some of my favourite places have been shut down, but the owners encouraged ARs as it was good for business. Other shops I've mentioned regarding ARs, and they told me not to write anything out of council fears.

If you see a shop which offers extras but makes a point to pass themselves off as legit, usually located in a suburb, I wouldn't say their shops name.

If the shop is in the city and licensed, and has pictures of girls all over their website, and there are many reviews online already - I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Thanks for the heads up Alan86, *sigh* being a newbie while extremely fun due to punting being a brand new experience for me also makes me realise just how ignorant I am. I thought that every shop/ML I try I will post an AR after all without the AR's on here for me to read I would never have dared tried the places I've been. Now I'm not so sure anymore. While I strongly believe that information should be shared to help and protect our community from bad punts/scams I don't want to jeopardise the shops I will (eventually) go to. How do I know whether they are above board or not? There is so much more I'd like to say but I won't hijack this thread I think I'll post something in the general talk later today.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Thanks for the heads up Alan86, *sigh* being a newbie while extremely fun due to punting being a brand new experience for me also makes me realise just how ignorant I am. I thought that every shop/ML I try I will post an AR after all without the AR's on here for me to read I would never have dared tried the places I've been. Now I'm not so sure anymore. While I strongly believe that information should be shared to help and protect our community from bad punts/scams I don't want to jeopardise the shops I will (eventually) go to. How do I know whether they are above board or not? There is so much more I'd like to say but I won't hijack this thread I think I'll post something in the general talk later today.
    Don't worry, even as an experienced punter, I still mess up and am ignorant about some things!

Loving punting eh? Yes, the first year is mind-blowing. 'So wait, I can go into a shop, pick the hottest girl I want, and she'll I can have the time of my life with her??'

Let me tell you though, it can get even better - when you get a girl or shop that is perfect for you! You'll have a lot of amazing experiences while punting!

The thing you should realise is that a lot of shops especially in suburbs, are unlicensed and the council won't agree to them being there. Hence, they tend to pretend they are 'legit' (no extras). You will often see shops that say 'Health massage' etc, but actually, it's a full fledged brothel in disguise! These are the types of shops I wouldn't AR. These shops will even say they don't do extras if you asked them before the massage!

By the way, I think you've started off nicely with Aloe Vera and QVB. They are on my radar to try as they look really nice!

But there are a lot in the city which already have a lot of ARs, comments etc, which I guess it would be OK to AR.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam88 View Post
    write them on the Private AR section (you'll gain access after your 50th post)
    That's what I tried, and I got it already, haha. But nothing about me after digging. Don't know if I should be happy or not, T.T
    Btw, how about my recommendation? Might it objective enough?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babycat View Post
    That's what I tried, and I got it already, haha. But nothing about me after digging. Don't know if I should be happy or not, T.T
    Btw, how about my recommendation? Might it objective enough?
    You should let me see you then I'm sure we will have great conversations haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast