Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement (from punting)

Senior Member(無間使者)

Retirement (from punting)

Brothers,

It's come to a point where it looks as though my (limited) punting career will come to an end. Not necessarily by choice, but due to an overseas move for work where it just doesn't make sense or can't compare to Sydney or other 'friendlier' markets for the customer.

I don't think I'm upset or concerned, even in Sydney visiting a ML recently lost the excitement, even when doing this very infrequently.

Have any brothers managed to do this for a few years? Or finish up for good? I would assume that most posters still punt, or maybe there are some retired punters who lurk?

Thanks to those that contributed during my time, thanks for the advice, thanks for the tips, thanks for all of that.

Of course people go for all different reasons, but I'm sure there are many others who have cut back or even stopped punting completely to pick up other 'hobbies' so to speak

I look forward to going out with one big hurrah!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Pussyhands's Avatar
    Yo do all when u can. Hobbie, work, punt.

Sad to hear Gordon, but on the flipside it means one less punter in the equation of making a booking............

Good luck with everything and all the best.....

I wont say i am retiring but i havent punted for over 2 months. I think it is playing on my conscience a little and i think i am developing a warped sense of sex and relationships.

A girll i had been seeing regularly would text me every time she was working saying 'come visit me'. I eventually told her i was taking a break. She responded 'dont stop coming, come see me when you have time. I eventually told her the reason and havent heard from her since.

I will probably het back on it at some stage but for now happy to go without.

I am sure at some stage imaragingbull you will get an opportunity and pick up where you left off. Where are you moving to???

Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    I wont say i am retiring but i havent punted for over 2 months. I think it is playing on my conscience a little and i think i am developing a warped sense of sex and relationships.

A girll i had been seeing regularly would text me every time she was working saying 'come visit me'. I eventually told her i was taking a break. She responded 'dont stop coming, come see me when you have time. I eventually told her the reason and havent heard from her since.

I am sure at some stage imaragingbull you will get an opportunity and pick up where you left off. Where are you moving to???
    Woh, you guys are winning the 30days challenge!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    ^ exactly... I have been failing that challenge quite horribly..

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post

Dude you are doing well. But stay away from this forum, it just makes it harder to quit totally if you keep coming here.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Enjoy your move overseas - Oz is always back here if you need some relaxation or a holiday after resetting the buttons overseas.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield View Post
    Woh, you guys are winning the 30days challenge!
    Every year I do my own 'dry july' ... but not without alcohol (perish the thought!, I'm not THAT crazy)... just abstaining from punting for month of July... I donate my saved punting funds to the Chris OBrien Lifehouse charity (bonus is it's tax deduction)
    I find July suits as it's usually damn cold and easy to defer visiting my favourite dens...
    However, this year with the warmer weather was particularly hard to abstain ... thank god for 'Golden Ticket' ..... Chris (RIP) is happy, my ML is happy ... AND I'm happy ...

good luck to OP in their enforced chastity ...condolences

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I've more attempts at retiring from punting than John Farnham has from singing.

Doesn't work. Everytime I want to do it, I figure just one more "for old timers sake" first won't hurt, go back and try some memorable oldies, grrrrrrr

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Pussyhands's Avatar
    I ask myself why and if it's for no good reason then I continue

Time spend on punt for that one hour gives me the juice for about 10 days of bliss lol

I genuinely like women but not when they make nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I've more attempts at retiring from punting than John Farnham has from singing.

Doesn't work. Everytime I want to do it, I figure just one more "for old timers sake" first won't hurt, go back and try some memorable oldies, grrrrrrr
    I am pretty sure that my abstinence is not a permanent thing. I am down in Melbourne in a couple of weeks for work. Normally get toey when i am back at the hotel in the evening! 😆

rcha086
    "Retired" for over a year at one stage. Wallet saw the benefit, but that's about it really. Got really bored one day and checked aus99, then that week I had like 3-4 punts, and it's been regular (once a week on average) ever since.

I don't see how the money saved from punting could be spent in better ways... LOL

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Thank you all for the well wishes!

The raging bull will live on Mr B, but not on the streets of Sydney.

Interesting that many will come back to it after absence. It's not so much I'll be in a place where I will be extremely tempted, but one that just has more inconvenience that makes the event more of an ordeal it seems.

Final week hurrah coming up, so will try to go out in style!

The money differential won't be noticed as I'm so infrequent anyway, but I'm sure my mind will cast back to the memories!!

I'm a infrequent punter and have tried giving up too, sometimes go for 3 month without. Then I end up punting like 3-4 times a month. Only visit ML's these days.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by imaragingbull View Post
    Thank you all for the well wishes!

The raging bull will live on Mr B, but not on the streets of Sydney.

Interesting that many will come back to it after absence. It's not so much I'll be in a place where I will be extremely tempted, but one that just has more inconvenience that makes the event more of an ordeal it seems.

Final week hurrah coming up, so will try to go out in style!

The money differential won't be noticed as I'm so infrequent anyway, but I'm sure my mind will cast back to the memories!!
    If the guys are still here reading and replying, certainly they have failed quit punting. The audiences you were hoping to hear from simply and supposedly won't visit the forum anymore. I hope this help your morale of quitting!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    If you're going to retire, why not go out with a bang? Pun intended...
    Pick the girl you like the most and book an overnighter.... See what you get. Although it might change your mind about retiring!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good advice Goldfish!! Do MLs do overnighters??

Either way, will try and be selective of the finale next week

Super Fans (忠實Fans) pepefirstlove's Avatar
    Been nearly 8 months now since my last punt. This is because now I found my soul mate overseas and yes now a marriage man. I've been staying out and avoid this forum and so far it kinda worked cause I haven't look back since. Now I'm back just enjoying reading other punter's posts. Don't know if this will lead to something.

Any other bro in this situation? Newly-weds man?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast