Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staying fit

Junior Member(有D料到)

Staying fit

Just wondering how you people stay fit and in shape. (other than from lots of punting lol)

Banned
    Staying in shape is 85% diet and 15% exercise. Exercise is the key component though. A common misconception is that you exercise to burn kj and lose weight. In actual fact, exercise increases your metabolism, which makes your body less efficient.

My only cardio these days is punting lol
    But I have started lifting again.

Puntercouple has it right, if you are trying to lose weight its mainly diet.

Banned
    I think punting does make me watch my weight a bit more. Seeing yourself naked in the shop mirrors everyday can bring a reality check !!

I want to look reasonably good and have started getting a bit of a belly recently so I have just started a diet. I am 5ft 11 and got up to 89kg which is too much. My wife is doing a high fat, low carb diet and she has lost 6 kgs in two months.

I have always exercised everyday riding my bike for one hour but I like my snacks especially chips.

Have lost 1.5kg in the last week and my aim is to get down to lower 80's kg.

Always a good idea to look after your weight and health. A long life is a long punting life

Quote Originally Posted by Punterman2 View Post
    My wife is doing a high fat, low carb diet and she has lost 6 kgs in two months

I think your Mrs is on to something there, perhaps you should stay home more and going out less???

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Diet is most important followed by regular exercise. Cut out all sugar and if possible alcohol as well (yes I know, boring).
    Depending on your goal, a 20 minute brisk walk every day could be sufficient. If a higher level of fitness is the goal then aerobic activities such as running or cycling will do the job. Cardio is good for building muscle and drop body fat but contrary to popular thinking will result in weight increase as muscle weighs more than fat.
    The best aproach is to consult your physician before commencing any exercise or diet change

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I think your Mrs is on to something there, perhaps you should stay home more and going out less???
    She is a great missus but a man must spread his seed far and wide.......

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I walk to the pub and back.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Lol mr rooter fucking legend m8 haha

Quote Originally Posted by Punterman2 View Post
    She is a great missus but a man must spread his seed far and wide.......
    Hope she is still getting some from you buddy!

It's great fun to satisfy yourself outside the house but don't forget your duties at home mate ......... haha

Cheers

Senior Member(無間使者) Shoryureppa's Avatar
    I go to the gym every day. Some days I go harder than others. It's not a motivation thing, it's a discipline thing.

Set a time of day to go to the gym & go without fail. You can still do cardio at home!
    "My soul has been spoiled by the world, my imagination is unquiet, my heart insatiate. To me everything is of little moment. I have become as easily accustomed to grief as to joy, and my life grows emptier day by day"

Banned
    Currently doing 3 day split, but running it twice a week. Bodyweight is over 100kg and sitting at a decent bodyfat % (last calliper measurement was a fortnight ago). Currently on nolva PCT. Staying fit and looking after the rig is always top priority. As Socrates said:

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training".

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Try to get to the gym at least three times a week. I do free training and mix it up with different exercises. Eating well is the hardest for me - love my pork belly and fried food too much!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    Lol mr rooter fucking legend m8 haha
    oh, and I walk to the fish 'n' chip shop and back too.
    I usually get extra chips because I can't resist eating half the chips on the walk back home.
    There's nothing like tearing a hole in the paper wrapper and picking out those piping hot salty chips blowing on them to cool them off a bit and then straight into your gob.
    Hot chips ... one of life's simple pleasures ... especially after you've had half a bottle of bourbon or a 6 pack of beer.

Banned
    Keep in mind that a drastic diet change may shock your body and therefore you should ease yourself into it. Same goes with exercise. Don't just wake up one day and decide to run a full marathon.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Gym regularly (weights and cardio)
    Watch what I eat
    Sports
    Learn Self defence

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    oh, and I walk to the fish 'n' chip shop and back too.
    I usually get extra chips because I can't resist eating half the chips on the walk back home.
    There's nothing like tearing a hole in the paper wrapper and picking out those piping hot salty chips blowing on them to cool them off a bit and then straight into your gob.
    Hot chips ... one of life's simple pleasures ... especially after you've had half a bottle of bourbon or a 6 pack of beer.
    Agreed. So yummy!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    This should get u in shape

Banned
    Sex has many of the same effects on the body as an intense workout. During sex, your heart races, your metabolic rate increases, you burn calories, and stretch and strengthen muscles. Sex has also been shown to boost the immune system and provide stress relief, just like a good cardio session.

As far as sex counting towards strength training, you do use a lot of muscles. If you prefer to be on top, the legs and arms get a lot more action than if you are a passive partner. The thrusting motion of sex is great to firm the stomach and glutes, which can improve posture.

Sex is a great way to get your blood pumping and burn calories. If you believe you can skip the gym workout for sex, think again. For the sake of your health, and how you look during sex, however, make a habit of engaging in both regularly. You're better off getting sweaty in the gym, and then reaping the sexual benefits of your workout afterward.

Squats and deadlifts improve thrusting prowess lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast