Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: What's everyone listening to at the moment?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Hate to admit it but I'm hooked to Attention by Charlie Puth. I swore I wouldn't listen to anything from this guy after that whiny song from fast and furious, but damn this one is so catchy!!

I bought a goggle home recently and I actually listen to music again
    Have not found a song it does not know

Banned
    I like Perfume. Also, this clip is a great marriage of visuals and music. The cuts and repeated motifs work brilliantly with the music.. The girl's hand gestures are truly original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4znsXCH_2Y

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by targajajouka View Post
    'BlackPink' are beautiful

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    I like Perfume. Also, this clip is a great marriage of visuals and music. The cuts and repeated motifs work brilliantly with the music.. The girl's hand gestures are truly original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4znsXCH_2Y
    Hohoho God Member! Your stock just sky-rocketed bro. 99% of what is listen to is some denomination of hardcore or metal, but Perfume are amazing. When you actually break their songs down, they're so exceedingly well structured and arranged it's amazing. Also, they're able to be a girl group without leaning on their sexuality which is pretty rare and gets props from me.

'Point', a B side off the Spending My Time single (also Level 3) is awesome:
    https://youtu.be/_8JV7dy9hes

'Flash' off the new album is good too:
    https://youtu.be/uau1N95juEo

And my all time jam from them is '1mm' which I really reckon is a rare example of a perfectly produced and structured pop song while still being a little weird:
    https://youtu.be/ihNaFCEd0Ms

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I just got some new speakers so I've been listening to mainly jazz playlists on Spotify and rediscovering my love for artists like Fiona Apple and throwing in some pop and j pop (another perfume fan here)

Banned
    Thanks for the recommendations shootermcgavin. Perfume's tech pop and their Japanese aesthetic keeps a smile on my dial as I watch and listen to them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cleetusvandamme View Post
    And yet no love for my Bad Brains post.

Holy shit, I legit didn't see it dude! That's fucked up. I really let the team down on that one. I always crack a half chub when "Big Take Over" kicks in.

Australia probably has the sickest hardcore scene in the world right now, zero hyperbole.

Endless Heights - Honest Life
    https://youtu.be/TIo20g1Mcz0

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Andres Segovia playing Bach and Narciso Yepes playing Bach.
    Always torn between the two.
    Segovia plays beautifully, but Yepes' 10 string guitar is a beast.

Banned
    Did you ever see Mark of Cain?
    Nah unfortunately not, although they've got John Stanier behind the kit and I'm a massive fan of him. His stuff with Tomahawk is mental.

But yeah, when they were at their peak I was a bit too young and missed them. When I was a lad the local Aussie bands doing well were outfits like Day of Contempt, Toe to Toe, Stronger Than Hate etc.

Banned
    +1 Perfume. But only seen/listened to that one song.

Going through some Muse.

Two things:-

1). Those sunnies lighting up are really cool; and
    2). Matt Bellamy's voice is really something.
    Pipes for days, and can shred. Not fair.

Plus, 'Stockholm Syndrome' is the best music video shot by a Predator ever:

https://youtu.be/gXN9acC9edU

Banned

She's pretty, big boobs, hot and a dj.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Bacl to black amy winehouse

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Wow 10 string guitar! Will check it out.
    I love Heinrich Schiff's Bach Cello Concertos.
    I will have to give Heinrich Schiff a listen.
    I am pretty conservative with my classical musicians
    Casals for cello, Segovia for guitar, Schnabel/Horowitz for piano, Gigli/Di Stefano and Callas/Tebaldi for tenor and soprano etc.
    Those old Decca and Deutsche Gramophone recordings are awesome.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Teaches of peaches - Fuck the pain away
    Warning adult only lyrics ...
    It was the music playing in the Japanese strip club in Lost in Translation

Senior Member(無間使者)
    As of yesterday 'Victory Lap' by Propagandhi, which is their new LP and a much anticipated one at that. I get the feeling there aren't many fans of Propagandhi on this forum, but I have been wrong before so feel free to blow my mind.

Can also recommend Black Fucking Cancer's self titled album which was released a little while back. If you like metal or anything hardcore you gotta give this a go just to hear track 3 'Blood Stained Whore' followed by track 4 'Sinnritualvoid' .... absolutely ball tearing stuff that needs to be listened to loud and without distraction and definitely not while the in-laws are visiting. Actually don't listen to it with anyone around except for your mates and only if they like metal. If you listen to this and just hear noise try smoking some pot or clean the wax out of your ears.. if you still don't get it after that well, it's ok, I guess nobody's perfect.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Did you ever see Mark of Cain?
    I'll just insert myself into the conversation here and mention that I saw Mark of Cain at the Metro after they released their last album. Had wanted to see them play for such a long time , like 20 years to be exact, just never had the chance.

Would have been nice if John Stanier had played drums but we can't have everything and Lucius Borich was a capable replacement. I have been lucky enough to see John Stanier play before but seeing him perform with Mark of Cain would have been hard to beat. I saw him play with Helmet at the Roxy in Brisbane back in '97 and since then seen him play with Battles 3 times to be exact. In fact and now I am showing off, I actually got to set his kit and chat with the guy during sound check, nice dude and it's not every day you get to meet, let alone work with a musician that has the kind of credentials that he has. Fucking legend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by devo69 View Post
    Can also recommend Black Fucking Cancer's self titled album which was released a little while back. If you like metal or anything hardcore you gotta give this a go just to hear track 3 'Blood Stained Whore' followed by track 4 'Sinnritualvoid' .... absolutely ball tearing stuff that needs to be listened to loud and without distraction and definitely not while the in-laws are visiting. Actually don't listen to it with anyone around except for your mates and only if they like metal. If you listen to this and just hear noise try smoking some pot or clean the wax out of your ears.. if you still don't get it after that well, it's ok, I guess nobody's perfect.
    Sunday morning, first track I listen to is what you suggested, boom, it's black fucking metal.

You did me right Devo69. This is going to be a triumphant Sunday, I can feel it already

Banned
    If you're into the 'marriage of visuals and music', have look at Word Order if you don't already know them. Ex-MMA fighter Genki Sudo is the main guy.

Skip to 3:06 for the main dance bit.

One of my favourites - "Have A Nice Day" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mkiGMtbrPM and the "Shibuya version"/remix: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pXFktAbx5Y

This is also a whole lot of fun and features a girl group SKE48 - "Singularity" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl_kyhwCDtY
    Ha! That video put a mad smile on my dial! I'm chilling outdoors in the sun with a beer and it hit the spot. Good Sunday arvo jam. I'll be looking further into these guys.

The video/song with the girl group was sugoi kawaii 💠.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Was listening to the new Ringo Starr record. I don't know why I bother anymore. Since the 1997-2008 period, everything has been more or less crappy.

That is Vertical Man to Liverpool 8 were good to great.

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast