Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: What's everyone listening to at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Burt Bacharach and Hal David.
    Burt was a fucking genius for sure but Hal doesn't get the kudos he deserves.
    Hal wrote the brilliant, witty, sexy, "shallow but deep" lyrics to most of Burt's tunes.
    Dionne Warwick probably does the best job of the Burt and Hal songs but really even I sound good good singing those songs, they are just so fucking brilliant.
    https://youtu.be/ijhL9Y7skQs

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    https://youtu.be/ijhL9Y7skQs

Nice pick bro. That's what I'm talking about.
    How good is that!
    I have had Burt Kaempfert on constant rotation the last two days.
    He is as smooth as a freshly waxed cunt.
    Best enjoyed with a bottle of el Jimador tequila.
    Just straight, slowly sipped - none of this bullshit lemon and salt shots bullshit.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    My morning alarm.. 2.30 of nice soothing music then it's time to get the fuck up!

https://youtu.be/_-XaaTqOICU

https://youtu.be/pb-kc6DWIDI

Thai partner who's into Chinese drama

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Y'all havent had a honest to god brutal fuck until youve slammed uglies to something from Strapping Young Lad.

Forgot them off my list previously.

Not recommended if you and her arent in the best physical shape or the chick your with is hardcore Christian.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by F0x View Post
    Y'all havent had a honest to god brutal fuck until youve slammed uglies to something from Strapping Young Lad.

Forgot them off my list previously.

Not recommended if you and her arent in the best physical shape or the chick your with is hardcore Christian.
    ....................love?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroid19 View Post
    ....................love?
    Start with "Dire" its a like a virgin sacrifice song 🤣😂🤣

Move on to "Relentless". If you havent broken her in half by then, end with "Shitstorm".

Good luck you'll both need it. 😁

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    My fav shop has moved on from tinkling pianos muzak to some decent music.
    A punter's hooked up what seemed to be mostly Oz 80's stuff for the lovely lady that runs the shop. Oz crawl, Mondo rock altho even Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah got in there. Nice.
    Nice. So sick of The Carpenters, piano versions of pop love songs etc.
    Still looking for a girl who is genuinely into metal or rap/rnb so we can put on our own music in the room. If they're not into it, it's just not the same.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    That is a fantastic combo

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    get em to turn shop music down or off. Even if you cant - crank up spotify or youtube on your own phones. it works.
    Just like daty - ask the chick what she likes, show her what you can do and fun is had by all.
    Yeah correct. I usually get them to put on what they like. You sometimes find some good new music you would never have come across otherwise.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    https://youtu.be/S1KPqet74EI

Seriously great song. Never been huge into Opeth but this is epic.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    https://youtu.be/S1KPqet74EI

Seriously great song. Never been huge into Opeth but this is epic.
    Opeth is fkn brilliant.
    I still remember buying Deliverance for $60, in 2003.
    With 6 songs, that was $10 a song!

Went and saw Tool lo ast week.... fucking hell.
    Best show I've ever been to, handsdown.
    The visuals where insane.
    Seeing the DMT inspired headsduring Vicarious was too much.

So yeah, Tool.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuryYourDead View Post
    Opeth is fkn brilliant.
    I still remember buying Deliverance for $60, in 2003.
    With 6 songs, that was $10 a song!

Went and saw Tool lo ast week.... fucking hell.
    Best show I've ever been to, handsdown.
    The visuals where insane.
    Seeing the DMT inspired headsduring Vicarious was too much.

So yeah, Tool.
    Yeah I heard the Tool show was awesome. Better than ever was how my mate described it.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    It's like a drug Warwick.
    You start out with a little guns n roses, or ACDC, maybe some Metallica Black album, eventually you think "Hmmm I want some more.. Something heavier."
    Next you find yourself with some Slayer, Megadeth and Exodus, but it's not enough, so then you're on Gojira, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Meshuggah... before you know it you're covered in corpse paint holding up a sign saying "Will drop pants for death growls and 300bpm double bass kicks" and that's it, you're a metal junkie. And everyone is left wondering what happened, how did they not notice the signs?

It's not for everyone, like food and comedy, tastes are different and that's what makes life interesting.
    I can't for the life of me understand why someone would like modern jazz, it sounds like a bunch of preschoolers let loose in a music shop to me, but if that floats someone's boat then I wish them well. Death Metal is certainly an acquired taste but you should see how crazy the Scandinavians go for it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    Mate I understand its a totally personal thing I still get off on CCR and AC/DC and love Bach, thats the great thing about music..cheers
    I started on Punky stuff first, Greenday, Offspring, NoFX that kind of thing. There is also one band with a really wild bassist I can remember forbthe life of me. They have an odd name should be easy to remember, but age 🙄.

That got me to I think Rage against the machine which got me to lets say Korn and it went from there as AF mentions.

I think Pantera's Vulgar display of power was what turned me. WALK and FUCKING HOSTILE were next level for me at that time.

Theres still metal im not a fan of, like I wasnt that inpressed by the Opeth clip (not... "riffy" enough for me if that makes sense) but I may love another song from them If i listened to more.

I would say there isnt necessarily genres I dont like, just songs, as a musician, you just tend to appreciate the skill behind it regardless of what genre it is

EDIT: i think it was Incubus for the band with the bassist

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I started on Punky stuff first, Greenday, Offspring, NoFX that kind of thing. There is also one band with a really wild bassist I can remember forbthe life of me. They have an odd name should be easy to remember, but age ��.

That got me to I think Rage against the machine which got me to lets say Korn and it went from there as AF mentions.

I think Pantera's Vulgar display of power was what turned me. WALK and FUCKING HOSTILE were next level for me at that time.

Theres still metal im not a fan of, like I wasnt that inpressed by the Opeth clip (not... "riffy" enough for me if that makes sense) but I may love another song from them If i listened to more.

I would say there isnt necessarily genres I dont like, just songs, as a musician, you just tend to appreciate the skill behind it regardless of what genre it is

Could be Primus who has a popular and wild but talented bassist in their band? Sounds like Incubus...
    YMMV Folks!!! Earned NOT Demanded
    Happy Punting = Happy Endings!!!

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I started on Punky stuff first, Greenday, Offspring, NoFX that kind of thing. There is also one band with a really wild bassist I can remember forbthe life of me. They have an odd name should be easy to remember, but age ��.

Totally get you, that was why I'd never really gone for Opeth previously also. I love Carcass because they are more riffy than most death bands, almost thrash like.
    And also why Exodus gets a massive work out at my place.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboymcevoy69 View Post
    wow wasnt expecting so much metal in here
    anyone a fan of Deafheaven? Apparently it's hipster/poser black metal but i love it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTY9WbMGDc
    Didnt mind it, though i do prefer a singer who goes clean as well.

Smoke em if you got em by Parkway Drive is still one my favourite songs of all time. Its got everything imo.

Grab your nutsack and twist opening, sick crunchy asf riffs and a breakdown that to this day still gets me amped and moshing everywhere

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    https://youtu.be/a3JSbOt7CLo

Here you go FOx. My fave song off that album. Lives up to the album title totally.

Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast