Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is tinder killing the industry?

Banned

Is tinder killing the industry?

Just saw an article online that says Tinder and dodgy massage shops are killing Queensland brothels. Half of them are closing down!

Is the same happening in Sydney? What's your take fellas?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-0...tinder/8878132

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Pussyhands's Avatar
    I dunno

My tinder rate is 0% so far lols

Banned
    Considering how many RNT shops and brothels are in Sydney, Tinder hasn't had an impact yet.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    The laws are different up there right, so the market is deciding.
    Things still seem pretty healthy down here!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Tinder is likely helping the industry..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I've heard that they're are WL's operating on Tinder and when they match with someone of their choice, they are straight up and let them know that they are a WL. Apparently the percentage of guys that continue the date is very high.

I heard some statistics about tinder:

Girls only swipe right on 10-20% of guys and those same 10-20% are the ones getting laid.

So.... I think the comment above regarding tinder actually helping the industry... is perhaps true.

I am certaintly not the 10-20% so..... I guess so

Us 80% guys are large in number, we are equally horny as the top 20% hahahaha

God bless the brothels!

As I say to all my WLs they are doing an honourable service for us 80%!!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6sixty9nine View Post
    Industries often lobby against commercial threats before they become serious threats.

Licensed brothels in QLD will undoubtedly lobby against dodgy massage shops and private prostitution. Bad for business.

But seriously, hands up who scores GREAT SEX on Tinder?
    I've scored some great sex on Tinder.
    Even a lady I'm seeing at the moment, I met her on Tinder

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussyhands View Post
    I heard some statistics about tinder:
    80/20 is an oldish idea for sex, tinder has likely amplified this much more, to the tune of 90/10 or even 95/5. My post was originally longer but came across a bit ranty so cut it down, but you are on the right track.

The WL that leverage tinder can focus on the lower quality guys who are not getting swiped (or even shown to) the majority of good looking women. This also helps explains if the high conversion rate someone else mentioned before.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sometimes it depends on the business models and service of brothels. There are shops that can survive in Sydney. But there are shops shop which did exceptionally well in a competitive environment

Senior Member(無間使者) Shoryureppa's Avatar
    Tinder was great while I was in University, don't use it too much now. Tinder will always be there, brothels will always be there. It's not a black & white scenario.

The majority of men are not willing to spend 150+ for an hour with a woman. If so, you'd never get a booking! Imagine booking against the majority of men in Sydney.
    "My soul has been spoiled by the world, my imagination is unquiet, my heart insatiate. To me everything is of little moment. I have become as easily accustomed to grief as to joy, and my life grows emptier day by day"

There is 24 hours in a day and how many girls are working? A lot

Guys don't need sex everyday - maybe some only once a month once every 6 months.

Some needs more.

My guess is a lot of different faces use WLs RnT sugar babies etc.
    Others guys may not use it because of moral obligation.

The ones that want to use it are using it ahhaha and I think it's a lot more than you think.

------

I think these apps would pander to the women's market as it is always harder to get women to part take. So I think the algorithm is biased to women.

I'll buy the pussy thx

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6sixty9nine View Post
    Industries often lobby against commercial threats before they become serious threats.

Licensed brothels in QLD will undoubtedly lobby against dodgy massage shops and private prostitution. Bad for business.

But seriously, hands up who scores GREAT SEX on Tinder?
    Some of the best sex I've had is from Tinder.

The only annoying part with the app is each time you gotta do all the convo stuff for a bit and it gets tiresome after a while.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Got to start install and learn how to use Tinder!

Banned
    Yeah I was pretty surprised at the article myself. I don't think it's tinder probably other stuff. Looks like Sydney going strong

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Focker View Post
    Yeah I was pretty surprised at the article myself.
    It is not surprising? It is the usual unsubstantiated finger pointing for loss of business. Victim mentality like that is normal now.

Another interesting aspect of Tinder that differentiates it from traditional client acquisition methods for WL is the ability to filter men. See guys you don't like the look of? Simply don't match. Guys are using their "real" profiles because they are aiming to get real women.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by icecool View Post
    No . Asian don't use tinder . Maybe for guy who's looking for free sex . Nothing is free in life . There always a catch
    BS - at least a third to maybe even half my matches would be Asian

Senior Member(無間使者) Shoryureppa's Avatar
    No . Asian don't use tinder . Maybe for guy who's looking for free sex . Nothing is free in life . There always a catch
    Not FOBs. Australian born Asian's are on tinder.
    "My soul has been spoiled by the world, my imagination is unquiet, my heart insatiate. To me everything is of little moment. I have become as easily accustomed to grief as to joy, and my life grows emptier day by day"

Banned
    So many sex have you got out of tinder ? Are you an Caucasian . If I'm an Asian I wouldn't bother looking for an Asian women on tinder as most the Asian women on tinder are looking for causaian guys .
    Yeah im Caucasian.

Ive had both FOBs and Asian Australian. I do agree the ones i have been with do have a preference for Caucs

Junior Member(有D料到)
    thats why paying is more convenient. you know what you're getting into

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast