Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's voting yes?

Banned

Who's voting yes?

Fellas, out of interest I wanted to know who here is voting yes or no in the poll ?Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry? I say yes, let them b happy

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Me. In my personal opinion, why the fuck not. Turnbull spouted all this feelgood 21st century stuff and he's a fkn disappointment. Also, what a fkn waste of $122mil. If Parliament wont pass it, add it to the next general election.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Not until i see some bloody legislation before me guaranteeing religious freedoms

Banned
    Hey cunninglinguist! You are the forum's archival researching genuis! There was an extensive thread a while back about this issue and it was a rather funny and droll thread. I can't remember what it was called so I can't link to it here. I'm not very good with IT, and possible keyword searches aren't working. The search engine on this site isn't very sophisticated, but you overcome this somehow. Could you be so kind as to find this thread? Thank you

Junior Member(有D料到)
    It's a yes from me

Banned
    Don't forget the argument against it on aesthetic grounds alone. Weddings are kitsch enough affairs as it is, but the idea of two blokes noshing each other off in church takes it to a whole new level!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I'm all that fussed about this trivial issue.
    The Right go on like it's about the end of civilisation and the Left go on like it's humankind's biggest step forward since democracy or the abolition of slavery.
    It's a shame Turnbull was too gutless to just introduce the legislation and this third tier issue would have been long settled by now.
    Instead we have this $120 million glorified opinion poll which has no legal standing at all; it's not a referendum, it's not an election, it's nothing.
    The parliament will still have to pass legislation recognising same sex marriage anyway.
    There have already been countless opinion polls which show the majority of Australians are in favour of same sex marriage.
    Polling and statistical methods are so accurate these days that a properly constructed opinion poll is accurate to with 1-3%.
    So this extra opinion poll is a waste of time money and resources.
    Anyway since we have to have this vote then of course i will vote Yes.
    If gays and lesbians want to get married then sure, go for it, why not.
    Then once we get this trivial issue out of the way then maybe we can start focusing on the important, if somewhat boring stuff, like employment, education, health, the environment, national security, energy, climate, housing affordability, science and technology, urban development, AI, infrastructure etc

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The Right go on like it's about the end of civilisation and the Left go on like it's humankind's biggest step forward since democracy or the abolition of slavery.
    It's a shame Turnbull was too gutless to just introduce the legislation and this third tier issue would have been long settled by now.
    Instead we have this $120 million glorified opinion poll which has no legal standing at all; it's not a referendum, it's not an election, it's nothing.
    The parliament will still have to pass legislation recognising same sex marriage anyway.
    There have already been countless opinion polls which show the majority of Australians are in favour of same sex marriage.
    Polling and statistical methods are so accurate these days that a properly constructed opinion poll is accurate to with 1-3%.
    Then once we get this trivial issue out of the way then maybe we can start focusing on the important, if somewhat boring stuff, like employment, education, health, the environment, national security, energy, climate, housing affordability, science and technology, urban development, AI, infrastructure etc
    Funny thing these opinion polls...I have never been asked my opinion nor has anyone in my family nor has any of my friends nor has anyone that I work with...and I work in a big organization. So how do I get my opinion heard?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6sixty9nine View Post
    There is no reason NOT to vote YES unless you're a bigoted twat.
    Bullshit...you will not find too many Muslim people voting yes. I grew up in a different era when homosexuality was illegal and while it was tolerated, it was bloody horrible that almost every time males went into a public toilet they were confronted by gay guys with some sort of menacing attitude. Many straight males were harassed by gays while just having a simple piss or shit. Legalising homosexuality was supposed to stop this sort of behaviour, however it still continues but to a lesser extent. Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

I am voting NO and you can call me a bigot if you wish, and I am also sick of the YES community calling anyone who disagrees with them a hater/ bigot/ or whatever. Free speech is still allowed in Australia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwally View Post
    I grew up in a different era when homosexuality was illegal and while it was tolerated, it was bloody horrible that almost every time males went into a public toilet they were confronted by gay guys with some sort of menacing attitude. Many straight males were harassed by gays while just having a simple piss or shit. Legalising homosexuality was supposed to stop this sort of behaviour, however it still continues but to a lesser extent. Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

I am voting NO and you can call me a bigot if you wish, and I am also sick of the YES community calling anyone who disagrees with them a hater/ bigot/ or whatever. Free speech is still allowed in Australia.
    WTF? This has never happened to me and I've used public toilets all over the place due to often working outside.
    You definitely sound like a bigot. Not because you disagree with me but because of your homophobia.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleetusvandamme View Post
    WTF? This has never happened to me and I've used public toilets all over the place due to often working outside.
    You definitely sound like a bigot. Not because you disagree with me but because of your homophobia.
    Good...I am happy to be called a bigot and homophobe if you like but I am entitled to my own opinion.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    Hey cunninglinguist! You are the forum's archival researching genuis! There was an extensive thread a while back about this issue and it was a rather funny and droll thread. I can't remember what it was called so I can't link to it here. I'm not very good with IT, and possible keyword searches aren't working. The search engine on this site isn't very sophisticated, but you overcome this somehow. Could you be so kind as to find this thread? Thank you
    http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.ph...-is-mentioning

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Ha ha ha! Show me a devout religious person and I'll show you a bigot. Voting NO does not mean you're a BIGOT except for your view that same sex couples are not worthy of the same rights as heterosexual couples. Which makes you a bigot.

I'm not gay and am against marriage so it means toss all to me. Equal rights means everything to me.
    Call me a BIGOT mate...I couldn't care less!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Hear hear. Well put old chap.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Bullshit...you will not find too many Muslim people voting yes. I grew up in a different era when homosexuality was illegal and while it was tolerated, it was bloody horrible that almost every time males went into a public toilet they were confronted by gay guys with some sort of menacing attitude. Many straight males were harassed by gays while just having a simple piss or shit. Legalising homosexuality was supposed to stop this sort of behaviour, however it still continues but to a lesser extent. Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

In my early 50s and used to hear about that sort of behavior. I certainly dont push it either way. The physical side of it...i just dont fkn get it but some folks wired that way. The only thing i hate is the sway the far right have.

Banned
    Try going into any public toilet in the city rail stations or city parks now and I guarantee you get approached (either verbally or sneaky looks).

You sound a bit paranoid, "sneaky looks"? Is it because you can't supress your desires for Wally Lewis?
    You raise a good point about free speech though, it is still legal to call someone a bigot.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Damme, that was good!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Maybe you need to go check out canada and see where legalizing it has led them to end up

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Ha ha ha! Show me a devout religious person and I'll show you a bigot. Voting NO does not mean you're a BIGOT except for your view that same sex couples are not worthy of the same rights as heterosexual couples. Which makes you a bigot.

I'm not gay and am against marriage so it means toss all to me. Equal rights means everything to me.
    well then you should know that there is already equal rights, there is no discrimination between the various couples in this country, a homosexual couple has the same protections and privileges as a hetro one

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I was going to vote yes but changed my mind after all those aggressive "yes" people did all these stupid stunts against all those people who campaigned for No votes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast