Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How will children be taught if the same sex marriage bill is passed?

Senior Member(無間使者)

How will children be taught if the same sex marriage bill is passed?

1. Sex education, many ways you can have sex, typical examples are virgina sex and also up the anus with EITHER the same sex or opposite. Kids will be confused?
    2. If you are a male, you can wear skirts to school.
    3. No longer boys or girls toilet distinction.

Senior Member(無間使者) Shoryureppa's Avatar
    I think the real question is... Who gives a fuck? I doubt kids will be confused.
    "My soul has been spoiled by the world, my imagination is unquiet, my heart insatiate. To me everything is of little moment. I have become as easily accustomed to grief as to joy, and my life grows emptier day by day"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorspock View Post
    1. Sex education, many ways you can have sex, typical examples are virgina sex and also up the anus with EITHER the same sex or opposite. Kids will be confused?
    There is a good article from Canada regarding this. The law was passed in 2005 and some of the kids have grown up now. I just cant find it but you can try google it. Anyway it is a sensitive topic and to many no voters get attacked from saying their opinions.

Maybe there will be another referendum from kids from same sex marriage in 30 years time.

It is a complicated matter.

I don't consider myself a bigot but......

I'm totally against gender reassignment being allowed for children.
    Regarding sex ed I don't care what you teach kids, it's like the p plater changes, I have my licence so don't give a fuck they made it 3 years lol

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think it would be less confusing for the gay kids and straight kids know their straight .
    It's not anyone else's business who loves who and who they fuck.
    The Scotts wear skirts (Big Deal)
    Some countries do share toilets you still have your own cubicle.
    If it dosnt get passed this time we're just going to keep hearing about it and have to spend another $120 million on another vote .
    I also quite like ass it just has to be a girls!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I found algebra difficult and confusing.
    And calculus, fuck, that was a killer.

Banned
    Voting yes. I have zero interest in who wants to fuck who unless it clashes with my booking.

Senior Member(無間使者) jediknight4ever's Avatar
    Voting No as it paves the way for them to adopt kids.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    1. They don't teach how to actually have sex in sex ed, just about the risks associated with sex, types of contraception, how to use a condom, ethics/consent.

2. Not as a result of allowing marriage equality.

3. Simply wrong

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight4ever View Post
    Voting No as it paves the way for them to adopt kids.
    Whats wrong with that? Better the kid have two parents that actually want them than having to go through the system.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin View Post
    Whats wrong with that? Better the kid have two parents that actually want them than having to go through the system.
    I believe in balance in life and ultimately that a child would always be better raised by their mother and father.

However in reality that isnt gonna work so Shooter has a pretty valid point i think. Better to be raised by two loving people regardless of their sex than left to fend for yourself.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's actually proven time and time again that being raised by anyone that loves a kid (even one parent) is better than raised by someone who doesn't. It's why the argument 'we stayed together for the children' is silly, coz kids can always tell and it messes them up. In fact until the age of I think, 4, it doesn't matter if kids are raised entirely by the nanny.

Banned
    I have to say My dad was a fucking bastard who fucked me royal for life. I spent my teenage years wanting to bash him With various weapons. If anyone says getting raised by a dad and mum is somehow better than by two same sex parents they don't know shit. As for sex Ed, we don't live in the Christian world anymore so why do we need to hang on to those ideas? A lot of people are transsexuals and their lives are fucked cause people don't accept them so they don't accept themselves. Australia is a secular society so let's stop acting like we're in church. We as punters should be the first to understand this as in the olden days no one respected prostitutes or even johns / punters but we have moved on. If you don't agree with homosexuality for religious reasons etc then that's Ok it's your right aswell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Focker View Post
    I have to say My dad was a fucking bastard who fucked me royal for life. I spent my teenage years wanting to bash him With various weapons. If anyone says getting raised by a dad and mum is somehow better than by two same sex parents they don't know shit. As for sex Ed, we don't live in the Christian world anymore so why do we need to hang on to those ideas? A lot of people are transsexuals and their lives are fucked cause people don't accept them so they don't accept themselves. Australia is a secular society so let's stop acting like we're in church. We as punters should be the first to understand this as in the olden days no one respected prostitutes or even johns / punters but we have moved on. If you don't agree with homosexuality for religious reasons etc then that's Ok it's your right aswell
    Agreed. Non drivel post. Also, first part got me in the feels as I know these feels.

Quote Originally Posted by BongKong View Post
    Better to be raised by two loving people regardless of their sex than left to fend for yourself.
    Better to have two batteries where only the positive end works than no batteries.

Sorry, I was thinking about being a kid, then I started thinking about the old Gameboy.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It will cost us $525 million Govt on this issue. They could have put this money in better use on welfare, hospitals etc.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-marriage/gay-marriage-plebiscite-estimated-to-cost-australia-525-million-pwc/news-story/41d3d6b5b19c0c6a6f4e4666b49c8efe

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntMeat View Post
    In fact until the age of I think, 4, it doesn't matter if kids are raised entirely by the nanny.
    Personality is mostly formed and set by the age of five or six. So yes it is ok if you entrust this aspect of your children to the nanny or the state (two working parents with 5 days of childcare a week).

Banned
    Everyone keeps mentioning Canada whch has had same sex marriage for ten years, so i looked up some information about what has happened there. It seems to be a lot less about 'love' and more about using the new laws to beat people up. Damn, though, I wish it was just about the rights of a tiny minority, because I'm a reasonable guy, but state oppression of mild thoughts gives me the shits.

"In Canada, it is considered discriminatory to say that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Anyone who is offended by something you have said or written can make a complaint to the Human Rights Commissions and Tribunals. In Canada, these organizations police speech, penalizing citizens for any expression deemed in opposition to particular sexual behaviors or protected groups identified under “sexual orientation.” It takes only one complaint against a person to be brought before the tribunal, costing the defendant tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees. The commissions have the power to enter private residences and remove all items pertinent to their investigations, checking for their definition of hate speech.

The plaintiff making the complaint has his legal fees completely paid for by the government. Not so for the defendant. Even if the defendant is found innocent, he cannot recover his legal costs. If he is found guilty, he must pay fines to the person(s) who brought forth the complaint."

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    The issue is equality for adults of the same gender to have marriage rights the same as those of the opposite gender. We are a nation where equality is a an important ideal. Why should this issue be different? I am a retired secondary school teacher who taught sex education. All types of sexual inclination where acknowledged and respected. No one should have to live feeling that their sexual inclination is a problem. We taught the mechanics of opposite gender sex as it was part of the process of human reproduction. Same gender sex was acknowledged but explanation of the mechanics of same gender sex was not generally initiated by teachers in my experience. If the issue was raised by students - yes provide an honest answer. However, I could see this approach changing to being actually included in the curriculum. Most kids have a good idea of what happens anyway, and if not, better to have it clarified in class than find out incorrect information from other sources. Also, from my experience most kids are remarkably accepting of individual differences. Those who aren't would often find out through class discussion that they are in the minority.
    I cant see how toilet allocation is part of this issue. This about same sex marriage, not transgender issues.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by James_jones View Post
    Personality is mostly formed and set by the age of five or six. So yes it is ok if you entrust this aspect of your children to the nanny or the state (two working parents with 5 days of childcare a week).
    Personality can and will change based on environmental, societal, personal, and many other circumstances. It's unlikely to happen overnight, it's a long term gradual change. Some changes for the better require deep introspection and conscious effort to change bad personality traits. But they're not set in stone.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILAW74 View Post
    Personality can and will change based on environmental, societal, personal, and many other circumstances.
    Yes I agree and nowhere did I say otherwise. In fact my entire point was enviroment/societal from nanny or state vs natural parents. What personality traits are you referring to?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast