Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why are so many chinese/thai prostitutes studying in Australian universities

Great debates !

So many members have various points of views !

Keep them cuming Bros !

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by sukeong View Post
    Lol please, spare me with the shifting of goal posts and backtracking. You asked if any western company was successful in china and clearly there were.
    Fair enough I see your point of view, profits were made, I should have been more clear with my language. This is just a too simplistic view if you ask me. In any case, it is the joint venture that is succeeding, the local Chinese company is the majority shareholder so you can't legitimately say the foreign company is succeeding at all. Being tolerated, most definitely, but once you factor in the forced transfer of IP (what is the worth of that? billions at the very least) succeeding not so much. But sure, in a simple minded way you can say well they made money so they succeeded I guess.

Obviously they were happy enough with the deal and were successful in their business there.
    If I put a gun to your head and ask you to give me your wallet and smile while doing it you will. A passive observer might think that you were very happy with the deal you got. Considering the loss of IP I'd say there are exactly 0 foreign companies happy with the situation in China. But you gotta try at such a large market I guess.

Yum brands started out as a sole venture in china from the US.
    Are they a wholly owned foreign enterprise now? No.

And yet Yahoo got a great deal out of a small initial investment which. It sold half back for about $7.6 billion in cash and preferred stock in 2012. Considering the company was going downhill and worth less than their Alibaba holdings at the end, they got out of that with a handsome profit. If anything, it was their investment in alibaba that saved them from being bought over earlier before the inevitable happened.
    You seem to be glossing over the point that Jack Ma transferred ownership of Alipay from Alibaba to Ant Financial. He literally stole the company that is worth around $50 billion these days as far as I can tell.

If you were a shareholder in my company, and your share was worth $10 (you bought in at $1), then I decided to place the the profit making operations into a shell company, would you be happy now that you can still sell your share for $2? I mean it's a 100% profit increase. Well done you've succeeded. I'm sure you wouldn't try to sue me (oh wait you can't anyway, I'm in China).

Stick to med stuff and less bs please
    Clearly you've got no idea about this stuff (probably not medicine either) so you should spare me and stick to whatever it is you know.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Assandlegs's Avatar
    Talk about a topic that's derailed so completely.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by juicykeyboard View Post
    Lol, as if you give a fuck about Aboriginals. You're just using some 'whataboutism' as a way to win an argument. Spare me.
    LOL , what a ignorant , Show respect to "Aborigines" is common sense

Well, for those really in China business definitely knows how to make profit.... our Aussie Treasury Winery Estates makes lots of money in China.

North Asia Regional Office
    Treasury Wine Estates
    Room 2608
    Corporate Avenue 5
    No. 150 HuBin Road
    Huangpu District
    Shanghai 200021
    China

Phone: +86 21 23130333
    Fax: +86 21 53860180

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Well I mean, if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

Is GM succeeding in China or are its joint ventures with Chinese companies succeeding?

Clearly you have no idea how foreign companies access the domestic Chinese market..............................

Foreigners like you or I, can't even invest into Chinese companies directly (A shares), it's completely closed to foreigners. Yeah you could invest though a dodgy holding company or H shares, but just look what happened to Alibaba shareholders when Alipay was a subsidiary. Jack Ma literally just shifted the ownership of Alipay from Alibaba to his own personal company Ant Financial (supposedly to comply with Chinese law) and the foreign investors (including Yahoo) had no legal recourse.

Maybe you should stop talking b.s. you have no idea what your talking about.

Whether investing via JV , Rep office or WFOE structure are still means of investing/doing business with China and make profits , as long as you play by China Government rule books.

Regarding investing in Chinese companies (A Shares Market) , there are always proper way/ channels for the CAPABLE ones to invest in China companies , and make good incomes and profits.

Morgan Stanley A China Share Fund ....

Investment Approach
    We seek capital growth by investing in A-shares of Chinese companies listed on the Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges. We believe the key to investing in the China 'A' universe is to combine top-down macroeconomic analysis with a bottom-up fundamental security analysis. As such, we utilize an integrated investment process that considers dynamics, valuation and sentiment from both top-down macroeconomic and bottom-up stock perspectives. We believe an integrated process offers the most effective approach given the return and risk potential of this asset class. Our experience has found that there are certain nuances to investing in China A Share and a single, rigid approach is not effective over time.

Portfolio Holdings as ad Dec 31 2017
    China Resources Sanjiu Medical
    Ind and Comm Bank of China
    China Cyts Tours Holding Co. Lt
    Focused Photonics Hangzhou Inc
    China Pacific Insurance
    China Construction Bank Corp
    Shenzhen Airport Co.
    China South Publishing & Media Group Com
    Yunnan Baiyao Group A
    Citic Securities Co. Ltd

LOL

Banned
    Pardon me . I thought this was a punting forum not the Financial Review .

Banned
    Anyone doing anything exciting for Australia Day ?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Fair enough I see your point of view, profits were made, I should have been more clear with my language. This is just a too simplistic view if you ask me. In any case, it is the joint venture that is succeeding, the local Chinese company is the majority shareholder so you can't legitimately say the foreign company is succeeding at all. Being tolerated, most definitely, but once you factor in the forced transfer of IP (what is the worth of that? billions at the very least) succeeding not so much. But sure, in a simple minded way you can say well they made money so they succeeded I guess.

If I put a gun to your head and ask you to give me your wallet and smile while doing it you will. A passive observer might think that you were very happy with the deal you got. Considering the loss of IP I'd say there are exactly 0 foreign companies happy with the situation in China. But you gotta try at such a large market I guess.

Are they a wholly owned foreign enterprise now? No.

You seem to be glossing over the point that Jack Ma transferred ownership of Alipay from Alibaba to Ant Financial. He literally stole the company that is worth around $50 billion these days as far as I can tell.

If you were a shareholder in my company, and your share was worth $10 (you bought in at $1), then I decided to place the the profit making operations into a shell company, would you be happy now that you can still sell your share for $2? I mean it's a 100% profit increase. Well done you've succeeded. I'm sure you wouldn't try to sue me (oh wait you can't anyway, I'm in China).

Clearly you've got no idea about this stuff (probably not medicine either) so you should spare me and stick to whatever it is you know.
    You are bloody nitpicking and moving goal posts now. Those western companies are making profits and are a success In china. To say otherwise just cuz they are joint ventures is really scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to look for reasons other than being completely biased. Even if I exclude them just for the sake of arguments, plenty other successful examples like coca cola, ikea, Apple, McDonald, Adidas, Starbucks etc... If you are just going to ignore that there are opportunities for foreign companies To be successful, also bearing in mind there are no guarantees in any market to be successful, and many western companies have indeed earned huge profits from their investments in china that's fine. I'm not gonna go along with your ignorant anti China spiel.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Pardon me . I thought this was a punting forum not the Financial Review .
    My bad. Should not have derailed the thread. Should have just let it slide. I got caught up in all the bonkerous things being mentioned here about China. Life too short for discussing serious matters in a Sex forum, much less to those already heavily biased against a country. But rest assured I'm done

Banned
    My bad. Should not have derailed the thread. Should have just let it slide. I got caught up in all the bonkerous things being mentioned here about China. Life too short for discussing serious matters in a Sex forum, much less to those already heavily biased against a country. But rest assured I'm done
    In your defence the conversation you were having was a lot more interesting than fake orgasms and fools falling in "love"

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I'm not gonna go along with your ignorant anti China spiel.
    Just such an astounding level of naivety, I really hope your not in charge of anybody else's money you seem to be quite gullible. I feel it my duty to let you know how the world really works. I leave you with two high profile cases of Australians caught up in the corrupt world of Chinese business, enjoy.

Charlotte Chou: http://www.smh.com.au/world/charlott...01-12gnug.html
    Mathew Ng: http://www.smh.com.au/national/matth...06-gpzo3w.html

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Just such an astounding level of naivety, I really hope your not in charge of anybody else's money you seem to be quite gullible. I feel it my duty to let you know how the world really works. I leave you with two high profile cases of Australians caught up in the corrupt world of Chinese business, enjoy.

Charlotte Chou: http://www.smh.com.au/world/charlott...01-12gnug.html
    Mathew Ng: http://www.smh.com.au/national/matth...06-gpzo3w.html
    Funny, funny, funny , no mention of FALUNGON links. Navitey!!!!

Emmm... Crown senior staff jailed because ...... level of Navitey.. so true

A piece of good news for those observe China Play Book

The impressive rise to China augurs well for ASX-listed Treasury, which has been a big driver of the jump through its Penfolds and Wolf Blass brands. China now represents one third of the value of all Australian wine exports.

Treasury Wine shares gained a further 3.5 per cent on Tuesday, to trade at $16.49 by late morning.

The company's shares hit $16.45 on December 20 and a year ago were sitting at just above $11.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234