Thread: Taking ML to hotel for the night (Mascot area)

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Taking ML to hotel for the night (Mascot area)

Hi all, I've hit it off with a ML and am now looking for a nice little reasonably priced hotel to spend the night with her there. I'm from Wollongong so dont know the area too well but she works/lives in Mascot. Any overnight suggestions??

Ibis airport is nice ( if you're lucky, check in same time as air Asia crew!) Or try airbnb?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The Pullman on O'Riordan St. We have work conferences there and it's quite new and nice looking. There's also Adina apartments on Bourke St. Do a Google search to get more details. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RNT4LIFE View Post
    Ibis airport is nice ( if you're lucky, check in same time as air Asia crew!) Or try airbnb?
    Yeah ive met a WL at Ibis before, it's nothing over the top but solid.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Merton Suites Mascot Central is good for the night

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    IBIS , clean, reasonable, and they don't raise eyebrows with cash.

Actually, not even sure if they want ID on a walk-in.

Ibis/accor knows what kind of client they are targeting.
    Depends on how much you want to spend, if cheaper, you can also try ibis budget at St Peter's.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by felini View Post
    Merton Suites Mascot Central is good for the night
    +1

Nice rooms and beds, not too expensive too if you book in advance. Also right next to the train station dunno if that helps or not though.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Cheers guys!! That's for all the help I'll let you all know how it goes if anyone is interested....

Quote Originally Posted by dfs6295 View Post
    Cheers guys!! That's for all the help I'll let you all know how it goes if anyone is interested....
    And then many will want to have what you are having ?

Hey bro, which hotel did u end up with? I’m in very similar situation, so i’m doing my research hahaha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    IBIS , clean, reasonable, and they don't raise eyebrows with cash.

Actually, not even sure if they want ID on a walk-in.
    Did they not request your ID and a credit card? I thought this was standard for all hotels and motels these days in case there is damage to the property.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Hotels need ID for a few reasons including damage or if they stock a bar fridge
    Hassle with hotels is that you cant sleep in much. Have to be out by 10am

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Did they not request your ID and a credit card? I thought this was standard for all hotels and motels these days in case there is damage to the property.
    I thought providing ID was a legal requirement, under some obscure state law.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I thought providing ID was a legal requirement, under some obscure state law.
    Not in Qld, and I think not in NSW.

A lot of places want a copy or to sight ID so it matches any card details etc.

I had an argument on the GC not that long ago, where I am a "Platinum" member of a chain and book thru their app and they use my cc automatically. Hotel on GC wanted to take a copy of my drivers licence and I said no, I do not have to provide any further ID. Escalated to me walking out with my family and going to another hotel. I actually rang the chain and blasted them, they confirmed I had yet to book into another hotel and suggest I use the other they have in the area. I walked in there, didn't provide anything, no card, no id no registration, and put into their "presidential suite". When I went to check out, after staying a few extra days (yes I had been there before) and adding to the bill via the poolside bar etc.. the total bill came to a grand total of $0.00
    Yes complimentary, plus they still gave me nights and points (as if I paid). They had credited the previous.

Great customer service but I never will go back to the original hotel.

ID is really on a safety net for the hotel, no legal requirement.

Just wave cash, especially if there is no mini bar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Not in Qld, and I think not in NSW.

A lot of places want a copy or to sight ID so it matches any card details etc.

I had an argument on the GC not that long ago, where I am a "Platinum" member of a chain and book thru their app and they use my cc automatically. Hotel on GC wanted to take a copy of my drivers licence and I said no, I do not have to provide any further ID. Escalated to me walking out with my family and going to another hotel. I actually rang the chain and blasted them, they confirmed I had yet to book into another hotel and suggest I use the other they have in the area. I walked in there, didn't provide anything, no card, no id no registration, and put into their "presidential suite". When I went to check out, after staying a few extra days (yes I had been there before) and adding to the bill via the poolside bar etc.. the total bill came to a grand total of $0.00
    Yes complimentary, plus they still gave me nights and points (as if I paid). They had credited the previous.

Great customer service but I never will go back to the original hotel.

ID is really on a safety net for the hotel, no legal requirement.

Just wave cash, especially if there is no mini bar.
    You sound like a fantastic customer. In the self-entitled, cheap, thankless, painful, sort of ways.