Thread: $75 just for massage

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Angry $75 just for massage

Decided to visit much discussed Buddhist massage at KP.
    Was expecting $60 or $65 but $75 WTF for 1 hour.
    Extremely cute Jap young lass but very little prelude, and covered in oil. Was thinking WTF some places all inclusive is $80. Quoted usual 50/100 but was less than energetic about it so I thought $75 plus a stone cold fish for 100 more - no thanks.
    Left with 10 mins to go and when asked for hot towel to rub oil off comes in with 1 blue handkerchief sized luke warm wash cloth.
    Just having cute girls doesn't cut it for me....def won't be back.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Sounds like the shop I went to at Greenslopes,but the girls were let’s say in the heavyweights 😳

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Where is this joint located in KP? Can’t seem to find it via Dr. Google

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Better value down the road at the herb garden. Enthusiastic Korean and Jap girls for a $60 reasonable massage. The girls also like to be rewarded with a tip for good service.

Seems fair.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Zwolf minus drei

Quote Originally Posted by AboveBoard View Post
    Sorry my theological reference was a bit too cryptic, care for some linguistics?
    PS please don't mention the war!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AboveBoard View Post
    Really!!! It’s next to the kfc. Anyway $75 is way over the top.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ml.paradoxxx View Post
    Better value down the road at the herb garden...
    if you don't mind, what place is this that you are referring to?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Fuck me this is just getting ridiculous

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by str8up View Post
    if you don't mind, what place is this that you are referring to?
    Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.
    Seeing i dont know any shops in the area named Parsley, ill go with Rosemary, and yes he's right a very VFM punt there recently.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FofW View Post
    Sorry my theological reference was a bit too cryptic, care for some linguistics?
    PS please don't mention the war!
    I believe u may b mistaken in your reference to Zen as a "theological reference". Theology is the study of the divine word of God, however Zen is a discipline of Ch'an Buddhism and is not considered divine nor is the Buddha considered a God. Like your Flowery Twats quotes man, i mentioned the war in a previous post but i think i got away with it. 😉

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by reddoor View Post
    Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.
    Seeing i dont know any shops in the area named Parsley, ill go with Rosemary, and yes he's right a very VFM punt there recently.
    Thanks mate, much appreciated!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Decided to visit much discussed Buddhist massage at KP.
    Was expecting $60 or $65 but $75 WTF for 1 hour.
    Extremely cute Jap young lass but very little prelude, and covered in oil. Was thinking WTF some places all inclusive is $80. Quoted usual 50/100 but was less than energetic about it so I thought $75 plus a stone cold fish for 100 more - no thanks.
    Left with 10 mins to go and when asked for hot towel to rub oil off comes in with 1 blue handkerchief sized luke warm wash cloth.
    Just having cute girls doesn't cut it for me....def won't be back.
    Better luck next time. Plenty of other shops around that can cater to your limited budget.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchi.gaijin View Post
    Better luck next time. Plenty of other shops around that can cater to your limited budget.
    Its not my "limited budget" but my tolerance of exploitation.
    Hard to understand how luck comes into it too......unless these comments are spurned by some aristocratic arrogance.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Its not my "limited budget" but my tolerance of exploitation.
    Hard to understand how luck comes into it too......unless these comments are spurned by some aristocratic arrogance.
    The shop has been running in various locations for something like 5 years and only increased it's prices by $5. Hardly what I would call exploitation, especially when the costs of running a business now days are always going up.

When you are walking in blind, you are relying on luck of the draw that you will find a good ML. But I agree with you, in my experience it isn't so much about luck as it is about the punter himself. Sure everyone has bad punts, I reviewed a couple of unfavourable ones myself recently. But a good punter can make the most out of a bad situation or just write it off as a rare dud without whining about a measly $5 being "exploitation"

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by ecchi.gaijin View Post
    The shop has been running in various locations for something like 5 years and only increased it's prices by $5. Hardly what I would call exploitation, especially when the costs of running a business now days are always going up.

When you are walking in blind, you are relying on luck of the draw that you will find a good ML. But I agree with you, in my experience it isn't so much about luck as it is about the punter himself. Sure everyone has bad punts, I reviewed a couple of unfavourable ones myself recently. But a good punter can make the most out of a bad situation or just write it off as a rare dud without whining about a measly $5 being "exploitation"
    Firstly may I say I respect both your experience and your point of view. I myself do not like the word punting...to me everyone wise enough knows the what and why that goes on in these shops. To punt implies taking a gamble - when I walk in I expect a service esp if I am paying money. I cannot justify writing it off as rare dud because we all know the duds are sometimes quite regular. I recently went to a herb shop where I had a first day first session WG. She obviously should not have been working there as her massage was poor and there was no hint of anything. So for a $60 I got an oil bath. Now I know some will say well that's the chance you take if you visit these types of shops but really. Overseas when I monger you always pay after.
    I also believe that if you subscribe to the above average price is ok then you must also agree that the service must be above average. Asking $15 more for the massage implies better service.
    I agree and are quite happy to pay for above average service for above average price but as I said I am not willing to punt on this.

I have often thought what is a "fair" price?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I second the opinion of this shop and always thought it was over rated.

Never had a full hour and now it’s at least $10 more than elsewhere.

Spend your money somewhere else.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    $75 what a joke.

Guess a lot of guys have the dosh to dish out, else they wouldn't be in business

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Had a massage from a Japanese girl here one evening. Offered body slide massage but wanted 3 pineapples on top of the cost of the massage. Declined and left when my hour was up. Never been back as many other places with lower rates and great services.