Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There are some dead set wankers out there

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffpost View Post
    That defence actually doesn’t work.

If you’re on the premises that illegal practices are offered it’s up to you to prove that you were not partaking. There is no presumption of innocence when circumstantial evidence says the contrary.
    Yes it does, and has actually been used. The law states

" It is also an offence under s. 229I of the Criminal Code for a person, without reasonable excuse, to be found in or leaving a place suspected on reasonable grounds of being used for the purposes of prostitution by two or more sex workers"

Getting a legitimate massage is a reasonable excuse and the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove otherwise.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by RottenLittlePunt View Post
    It's a massage shop, you went there for a massage. How are you to know what the girls do with other customers? you only go there for a massage.

" It is also an offence under s. 229I of the Criminal Code for a person, without reasonable excuse, to be found in or leaving a place suspected on reasonable grounds of being used for the purposes of prostitution by two or more sex workers"

Getting a legitimate massage is a reasonable excuse and the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove otherwise.
    Dare you to give it a shot.

Senior Member(無間使者)

I agree with you RLP; too many “bush lawyers” here!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffpost View Post
    Dare you to give it a shot.
    Even after owners or staff are convicted of prostitution, the shop itself is not forced to close. The fact that a massage shop is permitted to remain open and trade as a legitimate massage shop confirms that there is a legitimate reason to be on premises.

If this were not true then the shop would either be forced to closed or the PLA would require them to apply for a brothel licence.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    You will be charged, even if you state you had no idea what is on offer. Trust me on this one.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I agree with mr 2 bobs above����

You will be charged.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roberts View Post
    You will be charged, even if you state you had no idea what is on offer. Trust me on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnipperess View Post
    I agree with mr 2 bobs above����

You will be charged.
    Of course you will be charged, that is done by the police. A defense is used in court to avoid conviction, not given to the police to avoid being charged. The fact you guys don't understand the process says a lot about your legal prowess. So forgive me if I don't trust either of you.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Of course you will be charged, that is done by the police. A defense is used in court to avoid conviction, not given to the police to avoid being charged. The fact you guys don't understand the process says a lot about your legal prowess. So forgive me if I don't trust either of you.
    Your response to these guys is on the mark, RLP!
    Maybe it will clarify the situation for them?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    So perhaps I am missing something but having your name listed to appear in court on a charge of soliciting to me is the biggest penalty. The cost of paying a lawyer to successfully or otherwise defend you is a lesser concern.
    You know, being married and all...
    Pardon me for not feeling clarified or otherwise any less anxious should the constabulary walk in on my legitimate naked massage.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Probably need to consider whether it will appear on your criminal history as well. As I understand it, a charge, even if not convicted or even if it has been dismissed, may appear on your criminal history check (depending on what the check is to be used for). So it may affect future employment opportunities or other stuff which may require criminal history checks to be performed. Just my two cents and I'm not a solicitor

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Exactly my point, whether you can “prove” you knew nothing about it is only part of the issue. If stumping up $10k for a basic not guilty plea is no issue (assuming it doesn’t go to trial), then I suggest that whatever the burden of proof legally is, it would be a damned site harder persuading your other half of your innocence, and even harder to keep the whole thing under wraps. RLP can kid himself it’s not an issue, and if you are single with cash, maybe. But if you don’t want it public it’s a nightmare.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnipperess View Post
    So perhaps I am missing something but having your name listed to appear in court on a charge of soliciting to me is the biggest penalty. The cost of paying a lawyer to successfully or otherwise defend you is a lesser concern.
    You know, being married and all...
    Pardon me for not feeling clarified or otherwise any less anxious should the constabulary walk in on my legitimate naked massage.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyDidIWait View Post
    Probably need to consider whether it will appear on your criminal history as well. As I understand it, a charge, even if not convicted or even if it has been dismissed, may appear on your criminal history check (depending on what the check is to be used for). So it may affect future employment opportunities or other stuff which may require criminal history checks to be performed. Just my two cents and I'm not a solicitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roberts View Post
    Exactly my point, whether you can “prove” you knew nothing about it is only part of the issue. If stumping up $10k for a basic not guilty plea is no issue (assuming it doesn’t go to trial), then I suggest that whatever the burden of proof legally is, it would be a damned site harder persuading your other half of your innocence, and even harder to keep the whole thing under wraps. RLP can kid himself it’s not an issue, and if you are single with cash, maybe. But if you don’t want it public it’s a nightmare.

"If you’ve been found not guilty, it will not show up in your record."

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and...iminal-records

If you are concerned about being charged or having to defend a charge for being found on the premises of prostitution, then WTF are you on this forum? Because you shouldn't be punting in the first place.

Jesus some of you guys talk some absolute shit.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I could not have said it better, RLP!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is why i mainly see Privates.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Me too I like to see their privates!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Who needs trouble with the police. If I learn that a shop has been raided once I don't go back. Certain amount of safety in numbers though. So many shops and although I am not a lawyer and don't claim to know I assume the police have priorities and limited resources, would have difficulty obtaining evidence and would be acting in response to complaints. While any shop may be complained about it seems to me that a shop in a residential area or in close proximity to a legal brothel would be more likely to attract complaints. I think reviews of shops should be discreet although the police obviously know what goes on. Police are on average a reflection of society, on average no more or no less intelligent than the average person. The average person knows what goes on in the shops so it would be a fair guess that the police do. They have to prove it though.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I am sure some police will need a bit of stress relief too, so unless a certain amount of complaints are raised and enough evidence are collected, most shops are gonna be fine...

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    The police go in undercover over a matter of weeks. If they are consistently offered extras, then they have reason to believe that that is standard practice, the place gets raided at a later date and everyone involved is charged. So the “ I didn’t know routine” is not as easy a defence as some think, but it is an option for anyone who wants to roll those dice.

Places that get raided have usually had complaints, but why one place gets targeted over another is usually political I guess, and anywhere could just as easily come under scrutiny or be left alone depending on who is complaining, how much clout they have and how much noise they make

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ococpunt View Post
    I am sure some police will need a bit of stress relief too, so unless a certain amount of complaints are raised and enough evidence are collected, most shops are gonna be fine...
    You may find that these places come under more scruitiny around erection er election times to show pollies tough on crime.

I have heard most complaints come from old ladies or surrounding shop owners. I know the owner of one place who has put in multiple complaints about the massage parlor next door as he constantly gets drifters who just stand out the front of his shop and even occasions where his female staff got propositioned.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How many of shops in Brisbane have been raided?

I know of one only.

Others?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast