Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quiting smoking

Senior Member(無間使者)

Quiting smoking

So guys, i've planned to quit smoking starting the end of next week. Have done so before in the past but failed after 5 days and it just happened to be right after i had a good punt..... having a smoke right after a punt goes hand in hand imo.

Anyways, any good strategies or pointers from you guys would be wonderful!!!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    For me, there were signs that I should quit, I had stopped enjoying the cigarette. Sometimes after a couple of puffs I would ask myself "what are you doing?"

If you're still enjoying the smoke, then it's going to be tough giving up, especially after a punt or a big meal. Patches might help.

You can try IQOS which is supposed to taste like real cigarette but less the tar and some chemicals.

Good luck!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Hi BTL, i gave up the smoking almost 12 months ago to the day. Cold turkey.

Tbh the last 2-3 years i wasn't enjoying it like i used too, it was very much out of habit.

The best advice I can give is try and change your habits and be mindful of the triggers that make you feel like having a cig. For me it was that first morning coffee, so instead of getting a coffee and sitting outside at the cafe, i would force myself to stay indoors, read the paper, check emails...keep my mind distracted.

The first 2-3 weeks were pretty tough but as time went buy, it became progressively easier, to the point that second-hand smoke now actually really bothers me and I can't handle it.....crap I've become a bloody reformed smoker snob!!

As for that smoke right after a punt, the thought of seeing $1.50 literally go up in smoke every time you finish a cigarette is for me reason enough to give up.

Yeah i am with you BTL....havent set a date yet. Have managed to give them away a few times but always found no matter what i do to substitute i always felt like something was missing.

I have put together a list of reasons as to why i want to quit, carry it with me and read it when the urges are strong. I don't think i will try to substitute it however i have done next to no fitness activity in the last 5 years since retiring from my chosen sport. I am as unfit and unhealthy as i have ever been. I will definitely get more active.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Think about how much money you can save per month from giving up the habit and use it as an incentive and at the end of the month, reward yourself with whatever amount of money you saved quiting smoking. Hopefully this helps

Yes, money is obviously a factor but not the primary reason.

Tobacco in Australia is actually twice more expensive than silver......crazy.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    and plus on the flip side, money saved = more money for a root

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I remember saying to myself 'once they get to $10 a pack i'm quitting'.....they got to $27.50 before i actually gave up. Damn they are addictive, but then again so is punting

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    You could try vapes with nicotine liquid. Some friends have switched to it successfully.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtitlover View Post
    So guys, i've planned to quit smoking starting the end of next week. Have done so before in the past but failed after 5 days and it just happened to be right after i had a good punt..... having a smoke right after a punt goes hand in hand imo.

Anyways, any good strategies or pointers from you guys would be wonderful!!!
    Just a quick question, are you addicted to the actual smell of tobacco or just the bad habit of putting something in your mouth

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My dad went cold turkey. Though it was tough, he had to get his hands onto something else. He kept eating pistachios to keep himself occupied. Been 8 years and still going.

I say, think of the money you would've saved. If it costs around $25 per pack and you buy 3 a week, thats $75 x 4 weeks = what you could've saved ($300) then you multiply that by 12 months = $3600. If $3600 a year doesn't give you the motivation, dunno what would. Each to their own

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Give up smoking and its the best thing you can do

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellison View Post
    ALL HABITS TAKE 6-8 WEEKS TO MAKE.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS TO TRAIN YOUR BRAIN A NEW BEHAVIOUR. THAT OF NOT SMOKING.

IF YOU CAN COLD TURKEY FOR 6 WEEKS MINIMUM, YOU WILL NOTICE YOU HAVE REWIRED YOUR BRAIN. AT THE SAME TIME FIX YOUR DIET; SMOKING IS PART OF A WIDER HABIT OF PUTTING YOUR HEALTH LAST

DURING THE 6-8 WEEKS YOU MAY HAVE A RELAPSE, BUT THATS NORMAL

GIVING UP SMOKING IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN EVER DO

AFTER THE 8 WEEKS, ADD UP HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE SAVED, AND ENJOY A FREE PUNT OR TWO WITH THE PROCEEDS
    1 pack avg $25, 7X25=175 week x 2 months =$1400 ......... lol
    Thats a lot of punts bro

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Its tough for the first few weeks.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    $25 a packet. ??

Why didnt you stop 10 years ago??

How much is that in $ over 10 years?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) Brothelcreeper's Avatar
    Punterman can normally be found with his cock buried inside an Asian girls pussy in Western Sydney.
    I quit smoking 30 years ago. I won't quit punting.

Both highly addictive.
    Is it a bird, is it a plane, no its Punterman. Always seeking out good value bbbj, DFK, DATY for $150 hr in the Western Sydney brothels.

Quitting smoking is easy, I've quit loads of times.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brothelcreeper View Post
    I quit smoking 30 years ago. I won't quit punting.

Both highly addictive.
    Spot on! will never quit punting

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrycd View Post
    Quitting smoking is easy, I've quit loads of times.
    hahaha i went from smoking normal cigarettes to iqos same shit different taste lol

Banned
    Go to your local GP. Theres a drug called champix which is great.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast