Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Quiting smoking

Senior Member(無間使者)
    All non-smokers die too.

Bill Hicks

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I used to be a heavy smoker myself, and I could have easily done a packet on a Saturday night out. Over time I had come to realise that what I was addicted to was the sensation of inhaling something - not the nicotine. Doctor told to try hardcore mints like fisherman’s friend to help me turn away from the smokes.Try one of those and have a ciggie after - it’s the most disgusting feeling. Nowadays I hardly smoke and may only one every two months or so socially.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I hear they are hell to quit

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtitlover View Post
    currently in full blown relapse, will attempt again next monday
    BTL what was the trigger?...assuming there was one can you identify and try to avoid? (don't tell me it was straight after a sensational punt cause then to put it bluntly....your shit our of luck and just accept that you will be smoking for as long as 'little' BTL has breath and blood flow)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by hereandthere View Post
    BTL what was the trigger?...assuming there was one can you identify and try to avoid? (don't tell me it was straight after a sensational punt cause then to put it bluntly....your shit our of luck and just accept that you will be smoking for as long as 'little' BTL has breath and blood flow)
    just gave in to the temptations lol

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If you try but fail many times, maybe should seek for help with hypnotherapy. My friend was struggling with quitting (he quit drinking and eating bad himself but not with smoking) then he decided to come for hypnotherapy. It really worked.
    Sometimes you just have to accept that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life

Punting makes it hard to quit. I associate the two with each other. Back when I started I would book a few hours at a time at 1 Nirvana. Nothing better than having BBBJ from a Turkish girl while smoking a ciggy.

After my time punting in Thailand I definitely overdid it and I'm sick of it now. But there is something special about having a cigarette after a rnt that I can't stop.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I smoked for many years & tried a few times to quit but failed miserably. Tried many different techniques including various medicines - nup, nothing worked.

A mate of mine who smoked as much as me got some hypnotherapy years ago and it worked a treat for him.

Managed to quit early last year by going cold turkey as I really wasn't enjoying it any more. Not bragging, but I haven't looked back and don't really miss it (well, maybe a bit hehe)...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    try vaping

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    If you try but fail many times, maybe should seek for help with hypnotherapy. My friend was struggling with quitting (he quit drinking and eating bad himself but not with smoking) then he decided to come for hypnotherapy. It really worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by schloong View Post
    I smoked for many years & tried a few times to quit but failed miserably. Tried many different techniques including various medicines - nup, nothing worked.

A mate of mine who smoked as much as me got some hypnotherapy years ago and it worked a treat for him.

Managed to quit early last year by going cold turkey as I really wasn't enjoying it any more. Not bragging, but I haven't looked back and don't really miss it (well, maybe a bit hehe)...

+1
    hypnotherapy does appear to work for weight loss as well.

two overweight scrubbers from work attended one of these hypnotherapy sessions and in the space of 3-4 months they lost 45-55 pounds.

I’m trying to find the magic word to break the spell.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Just bumping this thread and seeing how all the bro's are doing with their attempts at quitting and how they are doing now.

Just decided to stop today and have no idea what I am in for and what to expect but I know it will be tough

Senior Member(無間使者)
    let's tackle this with a touch of humor:

1. Smoke Signals: Replace cigarettes with a more modern form of communication. Start sending "smoke signals" through text messages or social media instead!

2. Chew on Wisdom: Consider becoming a philosopher. Whenever you crave a cigarette, ponder life's deepest questions. By the time you find answers, you'll forget about smoking!

3. Inflate Your Ego: Carry around a balloon and inflate it every time you want to light up. It's healthier, and you'll eventually float away from temptation!

4. Become a Detective: Pretend you're a detective hunting for the elusive "Nicotine Bandit." Every craving is just a clue to his whereabouts!

5. Candy Crush: Replace cigarettes with candy. Challenge yourself to break your candy-crushing high score instead of lighting up.

6. Nap Attack: Whenever you get a craving, take a power nap. By the time you wake up, you'll have forgotten about smoking.

quitting smoking can be challenging, but humor can be a helpful coping mechanism. In reality, it often takes a combination of strategies, support, and determination to quit successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by 17012430 View Post
    Punting makes it hard to quit. I associate the two with each other. Back when I started I would book a few hours at a time at 1 Nirvana. Nothing better than having BBBJ from a Turkish girl while smoking a ciggy.

After my time punting in Thailand I definitely overdid it and I'm sick of it now. But there is something special about having a cigarette after a rnt that I can't stop.
    Update: I've quit

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17012430 View Post
    Update: I've quit
    How was it? Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlows View Post
    How was it? Any tips?
    Not sure if it counts that I now vape instead... but you can definitely feel the difference. I know it's not healthy, but vaping is much more cleaner than ciggy smoking, but a lot more addictive. No longer have smokers cough and I can actually go for a jog now. Punting wise I can go longer and harder and not get tired out as easily. Erections are much stronger as well. It's been over a year now and just the smell of ciggies is disgusting to me now.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quitting smoking can lead to improved health, increased energy, significant cost savings, better breath, and an overall improved quality of life.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Get the executive stress tablets and have some sort of relaxation/meditation clip on YouTube or whatever ready to go and if you need to take the arvo of work or whatever fuck it will be worth it in the long run.

Go cold turkey remember one cigarette is to many and one cigarette is not enough.

I think to quit you have to really hate it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My experience was that it's 99.9% mental. As I wasn't enjoying it any more (only having a few puffs on a ciggy & putting it out) I said to myself "when I finish this packet I'm gonna quit" and I did. Never looked back 'tho the cravings nearly got to me quite a few times...

Certainly gets better over time & I'm feling much better overall as a result...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by schloong View Post
    My experience was that it's 99.9% mental. As I wasn't enjoying it any more (only having a few puffs on a ciggy & putting it out) I said to myself "when I finish this packet I'm gonna quit" and I did. Never looked back 'tho the cravings nearly got to me quite a few times...

Certainly gets better over time & I'm feling much better overall as a result...
    Yea I heard that as well, as you are so used to the physical/mental habit of the routine of doing it rather than the actual smoking part. I think my problem is it's the habit part and is done to reduce boredom in those "down times" at work/home or having to wait for something or some one. I'm trying ATM to find other things to distract myself or substitute for something else rather than revert to the usual routine in those moments.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    A Smoker can OUTLIVED a Non-Smoker if he exercise.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast