Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quiting smoking

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tan30 View Post
    Go to your local GP. Theres a drug called champix which is great.
    I would not reccomend champix.
    Alot of my mates had some mental issues when on champix. Its toxic shit.

Mate, I reccomend vaping. Get a solid rig that can produce lots of clouds. Go to The Steamery, either in parramatta or beaconsfield. Really good at helping people to start stopping. I'm currently vaping a blend called Macchu Picchu. Lime candy flavored.
    Give it a crack mate, highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Hu6e View Post
    I would not reccomend champix.
    Alot of my mates had some mental issues when on champix. Its toxic shit.
    Yeah spot on...missus tried this and was so depressed. The drug comany pushes GPs to sell it too with juicy commissions and kickbacks so they won't tell you the severe side effects.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Champix can and does work (it worked for me) - however it does come with warnings and can have side effects that are unpleasant. If you choose to try it, make sure you are keeping a check on your mental health on a DAILY basis and make sure loved ones are checking in on you. This might sound severe, it should, as it is. I tried EVERYTHING before Champix and after a few false starts, make it through the 3 months and am 5 years on from that now - There are various side effects and depend entirely on the individual.

Try and remember that you are not STOPPING something. You are STARTING a healthier life and by starting this life you are respecting your self more.

Other things worth trying are hypnotherapy, acupuncture...

The most important thing to remember in my view, coming from a fairly heavy smoker and now enjoying not being so, is focussing on the will to stop, not giving up trying to give up...keep trying...you can do it.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I've wanted to quit smoking for a while now but I find it's too easy to light up. The money factor doesn't stop me but for the past month I tried vaping and I've probably only smoked about 6 cigs in the first few days. Since then I haven't felt the need to smoke ciggies anymore. Even though there's still nicotine in vaping I think it's still one step closer to quitting. Hope it helps

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Also, no more cigarette smell anymore which is a massive bonus!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Thanks for all the comment guys! aint no better way than going straight cold turkey imo. First day today, going well so far!!! keep yous updated

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Good luck BTL, i genuinely hope you can get off them and re-discover the taste of food and anything else you may occasionally consume

All the best BTL. I have set my date and like you just going cold turkey. 20th August for me.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I agree with going straight cold turkey. I contemplated vaping to help quitting smoking but glad never went that way. I wasn't a really heavy smoker, more like 5-6 ciggies a day for almost 8 years with rare breaks.

I stopped this February. Now never have the urge anymore. What I had to do was, about 2-3 weeks into my quitting, to quell the urge I would go to a Pub/RSL and buy a smoke from someone for $2 and smoke. That reinforced my will to quit as I would hate the smell/feeling and be pissed with myself. So another couple of weeks would go by before I had to do it again. And then I didn't have to do it at all!

Buying one ciggie than a pack is better otherwise I would have wanted to finish off that pack and back to square one trying to quit.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtitlover View Post
    Thanks for all the comment guys! aint no better way than going straight cold turkey imo. First day today, going well so far!!! keep yous updated
    How about coming back on this thread and updating us on how you're going? Hopefully looking back at your posts could keep you motivated and maybe help other punters become motivated as well.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post
    How about coming back on this thread and updating us on how you're going? Hopefully looking back at your posts could keep you motivated and maybe help other punters become motivated as well.
    Hey! Great idea! First day down and dusted. many cravings along the day but shut them down promptly with some snacks and gum!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    All the best BTL. I have set my date and like you just going cold turkey. 20th August for me.
    Yup, in the lead up just enjoy it as you normally would until the day. So today being Day #1 of quiting. I have put away the 30 bucks I'd normally spend on ciggies, have to money under my table lamp so I see if everyday (motivation+incentive)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yup, in the lead up just enjoy it as you normally would until the day. So today being Day #1 of quiting. I have put away the 30 bucks I'd normally spend on ciggies, have to money under my table lamp so I see if everyday (motivation+incentive)
    Fukn awesome man. Maybe a punt would motivate you too haha

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post
    Fukn awesome man. Maybe a punt would motivate you too haha
    haha after i've saved up enough money quitting the ciggies then yeah most likely haha

Junior Member(有D料到)
    BTL hows it going buddy???.....we're rootin for you mate (so to speak)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by hereandthere View Post
    BTL hows it going buddy???.....we're rootin for you mate (so to speak)
    Hahaha! My third day! A lot of cravings and dramatically increased appetite! Proud to say still haven't given in! Getting easier as the hours go by!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hahaha! My third day! A lot of cravings and dramatically increased appetite! Proud to say still haven't given in! Getting easier as the hours go by!!
    Haha awesome! How are you feeling though?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Moved onto vaping since cig prices became $20, too expensive a habit to continue and money literally going up in smoke.
    4 years minus 8 months while i was overseas and didn't have access to nicotine vape

Junior Member(有D料到)
    quit now mate....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourWolf12 View Post
    Moved onto vaping since cig prices became $20, too expensive a habit to continue and money literally going up in smoke.
    4 years minus 8 months while i was overseas and didn't have access to nicotine vape
    Smoke cannabis instead. Much better for the lungs 😁

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast