Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Careful when punting

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Careful when punting

Hi Fellow Punters,

Just sharing a tidbit and for your advice. Needed cash for my first session at 278 the other day. Went across the Hotel on the corner and withdraw cash. Now regretting it, as it show when the location of the withdraw on my bank statement. Rookie error that should know better.

In case my partner question the charge. What suggestions can fellow punters offer for the withdraw of $120 at 11am on a Friday morning.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry to much about it man. Just let her know you popped into the pub for lunch, to play keno or caught up with friends for brunch.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    You must really be under the thumb, if she is going to query a cash withdrawal from an ATM.

In future, buy something at Coles or Woolies, use your card to pay for it and take a cash out there.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    yea I have the best suggestions for ya.
    If she's controlling your wallet to that point, bettet break up with her. You're the man and you have the rights to spend your hard earned money. Sure you may have a "common" account and you should have your own one too.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The question should be why your partner has access to such information of yours? She has access to you online banking?

And if you use a join account in questionable activity, then you are asking for it.....

It easy enough these days to setup another account, even online.

Most banks prefer sending e-statements, so use your personal email address. Most banks offer account level addresses, so setup your mailing address for that account to your work address. Then select all communication for that account to go to your work address.

Probably better opening at a different bank, just make sure you give them a mailing address different to your residential address and a personal email address as well. That way, they won't send anything to your home.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Most banks don't even send statements on line anymore.

If you need one, just go online a download it

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If your worried, I just use sports bet card u can deposit and withdraw anytime

Ours display as Paddington Coffee
    Cheers

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T View Post
    Hi Fellow Punters,

Just sharing a tidbit and for your advice. Needed cash for my first session at 278 the other day. Went across the Hotel on the corner and withdraw cash. Now regretting it, as it show when the location of the withdraw on my bank statement. Rookie error that should know better.

In case my partner question the charge. What suggestions can fellow punters offer for the withdraw of $120 at 11am on a Friday morning.

Thanks
    Who did you see at 278? Best is to go to coles or woolworths to get cash.

Quote Originally Posted by paddington244 View Post
    Cheers
    I'm so use to carrying cash with me to punts lol. I'll use my card next time.

Cheers
    Wow really? That's hilarious

Senior Member(無間使者)
    She shouldnt be looking through your card statements unless its joint haha. If she insists that means theres a leak in trust in the relationship.

Banned
    Hi Fellow Punters,

Thanks

Your suggesting by your post that your partner .. knows where 278 is. And knows what 278 is..

Any reason she would ?

Banned
    I always get the cash before hand.
    Make sure you got that note bro.

That being said, I personally have had to tap and go at 278 to keep going.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Cheers
    That is awesome. My problem would be explaining the $120 for the cup of Coffee 🤣

Junior Member(有D料到)
    What's the problem? You said you used the ATM at the pub. Much safer to use an ATM at a pub than on the street, security there etc etc.
    If it's the fee you are worried about, move the account to ING - no ATM fees.

Hopefully balls deep inside an Asian girl
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely heart View Post
    The question should be why your partner has access to such information of yours? She has access to you online banking?

And if you use a join account in questionable activity, then you are asking for it.....
    Yeah, a separate bank account is a must for the serious punter (in fact even if you are not a punter any man needs his own money to finance any “projects” that his SO need not know about.

Plus get all your bank statements set to electronic only so there are no paper statements laying about the house your SO can pick up.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForTheOne View Post
    That is awesome. My problem would be explaining the $120 for the cup of Coffee 🤣
    lol the same thought popped into my mind, will be fucked if you says its a special limited seasonal beans that cost so much and the missus wants to try it.

Hi Fellow Punters,

Thanks
    At first I thought this didn’t read right as I misread the time as 11pm, my bad!

In fact it’s 11am in the morning on a Friday: FFS, there are millions of excuses , was there even a risk ?

Punting / that’s gambling was a great excuse, either on the footy or at the races , your mates gave you a tip and you ATM some cash and put the bet at the hotel, well, whether the bet win or loss depending on whether you want to buy a gift for your partner ?

Just my two cents

Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast