Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1510

Thread: Bareback with WL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotPassingThrough View Post
    Yeah shadow ban can be temporarily effective. Especially when someone seems amused enough to reply to themselves. Seems this site uses a decade old version of vbulletin though and is barely moderated anyway (would be ironic if I get banned for saying this lol). Even if it’s technically possible there doesn’t seem the will to do it.
    Nothing to do with will. If you banned multi account users there would be a reduction of 90% of posting users here. Its quite ironic that everyones a detective now wrongly claiming multi accounts on a lot that aren't when the actual ones doing it you have all been interacting with long term yet not realising.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Nothing to do with will. If you banned multi account users there would be a reduction of 90% of posting users here. Its quite ironic that everyones a detective now wrongly claiming multi accounts on a lot that aren't when the actual ones doing it you have all been interacting with long term yet not realising.
    Sure thing, hayabi

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotPassingThrough View Post
    Cellphones absolutely don’t have static ip addresses. They do have physical identifiers like imei numbers, serial numbers, MAC addresses etc. these can be tied to a handset and the isp will have a record of addresses that have been assigned to that hardware, mainly for protecting the network from abuse and for law enforcement requests. It’s not the ip address law enforcement tracks, it’s the hardware.

They will not give this information to the webmaster of a punting forum

In any case it’s all academic. VPN is the easy-mode workaround to avoid tracking from websites.
    Thanks for that
    I did read about computer hardware and MAC

But how on earth do law enforcement actually catch people for example, using defamatory language against someone else on Facebook then? Computer hardware criteria? That doesn't geolocate the guilty person, does it?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Thanks for that

But how on earth do law enforcement actually catch people for example, using defamatory language against someone else on Facebook then? Computer hardware criteria? That doesn't geolocate the guilty person, does it?
    A lot of different ways. If someone is using their “real” fb account, they know EVERYTHING about you, up to your inside leg measurement and they will happily dump that info for law enforcement. Even with a burner account you’d be surprised how accurately you can be identified, especially if you’ve been lax with your settings e.g. you’ve allowed your browser persistent access to location. Also, lets face it, knuckle draggers being racist or whatever on facebook are not going to have their opsec in order. Probably they did not use a vpn, didn’t use a burner email etc. etc.

Other than that a few things can be done. Companies like Google and Facebook have made an art of identifying people and their habits, no matter how hard they try to avoid it. There’s visible and invisible trackers, persistent cookies and so on. Combine these with what’s called “browser fingerprinting”. This is things like your device type, screen size, plugins, keyboard layout, browser menu bar, fonts you have installed and many other datapoints that collectively can identify you quite uniquely. Check out the site “Am I Unique” for an example of some of these. It’s perfectly safe afaik

Interesting one. As far as I know it’s not widely deployed (i have not checked recently) but did you know you can be identified quite accurately by the way you type? I don’t mean just language or words you use or mistype, though these add further fuel to the fire. I mean the specific cadence with which you type on the keyboard. It’s actually very, very unique.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Generally speaking, they will need your ISP to tell then which of their customers they assigned any given IP Address to at that specific time, if they have the legal standing to issue a subpoena for that information.

That's where a VPN screws them, as it hides your activity from your ISP, and chasing the same kind of records from a VPN company gets a lot harder particularly as those are often set up with the express intention of keeping that kind of information private.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Thanks bros. Good to hear all the tech details

Reminders of how exposed we really are to the world

My work mate was enthusiastic about the duckduckgo browser a few years. I couldn't be that bothered, but definitely the standard browsers are all spying on you

I don't use Facebook, as I don't like my privacy being defaced, stripped away and sold off
    Might use it occasionally on a burner phone to deal with a work contact

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    A few news stories do mention how telecommunications companies do assist law enforcement, but maybe that's with people with a known mobile number, and the telecommunications companies can help with geotracking and recent locations and movements

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Thanks for that

Catching someone after the fact is a very different type of activity from banning / blocking someone. So what can be done in one case will most likely not apply to the other.

It's same as murder. Catching someone after a murder is a lot easier than catching someone who's only thinking of committing murder.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Thanks bros. Good to hear all the tech details

Reminders of how exposed we really are to the world

My work mate was enthusiastic about the duckduckgo browser a few years. I couldn't be that bothered, but definitely the standard browsers are all spying on you

I don't use Facebook, as I don't like my privacy being defaced, stripped away and sold off
    Might use it occasionally on a burner phone to deal with a work contact
    don't think using Facebook or Google is the only way that they track your online shopping habits. They can track your online behaviour without you even opening FB/GG.

First, it's not that bad that they track you imo, they follow websites you visit mainly to deliver your targeted ads, which is a bit of a nuisance rather than anything dangerous or invasion. I'm actually happy to give them all of my details to track me so that they can deliver relevant information to me.

FB and GG give website owners a script to install, called Facebook Pixel, and Google tags (or Google Tag Managers). Website owners install the scripts onto their websites (millions of websites install these scripts). Website owners and business owners are encouraged to do this because they want to target relevant audience.

The scripts will then know that you've visited the websites and sent the info back to FB / GG. They then know what you're browsing and interested in, even without you using FB / GG. Then the next websites you visit, you'll see that they've delivered you relevant ads based on the info they've collected from the scripts on previous websites that you had visited.

Business owners can also upload "customer list" (name, location, mobile, email, etc) to FB / GG, they'll then match the customer profile with their database to identify you. From there, they'll deliver relevant ads to you on websites that you visit next (again, via the Pixel / Google tag scripts).

This way, you might not even use FB or GG at all, but websites that you visit have Pixel / GG tag scripts installed still help them track you.

Apple is cutting off this from their devices, which caused FB to lose lots of money from advertising. This is not because Apple is the "good guy" and don't want you to be tracked on their devices. I believe they're working on their own tracking thing and will monetize from it (eg asking advertisers / FB / GG to pay to use Apple's own tracking script).

Your bank tracks you, all social media apps have been collecting your data for over 10 years now.

When I was working in an FMCG, they would send Facebook their customer list of emails. If it matched what they had in Facebook, they would be shown an offer.

Adobe or Google Analytics via GCS platforms are used a lot these days.

Real time marketing, trigger based banners. Salesforce and Pega are used by so many companies in Australia now.

Everyone has your data, even in incognito mode.

You'll be okay as long as you're not into CP.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576