Thread: Starting a massage shop

Senior Member(無間使者)

Starting a massage shop

Hey guys, I'm in advanced talks to start a LEGAL massage + happy ending shop with some business partners but I was wondering if anybody had any knowledge of licensing laws in starting such a business? (sort of like Midas or M8 but targeting a different demographic of punters) I know about the brothel licensing fees from local councils but do happy ending massages places fall under the same category?? Do they even need a special licence??

Please reply to this or PM me. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I'm no legal expert, but what from what I've read you could usually start up a legal massage shop if you can prove you have massage qualifications - some sort of diploma or certificate from a recognised training facility. You will still need to get a DA and building approval from the Council, which probably have a "no sexual services allowed" clause in it. HEs, or more, would probably be considered to be sexual services, so that is where your problems will start.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    There's no such thing as a legal massage shop with happy endings. The massage is legal, the happy endings are not.

Your only option is getting DA approved for a legal, legitimate massage shop, or going for a DA for a brothel (whether you offer HJ or FS its irrelevant, any sexual touching needs a brothel DA). No legal way around it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yep, a council can obtain a "Brothel Closure Order" when premises are found to be used for

(a) the use of premises for the provision of sexual acts or sexual services in exchange for payment,
    (b) the use of premises for the provision of massage services (other than genuine remedial or therapeutic massage services) in exchange for payment,
    (c) the use of premises for the provision of adult entertainment involving nudity, indecent acts or sexual activity if the entertainment is provided in exchange for payment or if the entertainment is ancillary to the provision of other goods or services.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/n...943228/s2.html

Banned
    Mate I strongly suggest if you are into a business that is going to provide sexual services, go and get a brothel license. It saves you a lot of trouble in the long run.

I simply do not understand why people still think massage shop is a good business and rushing to get a share of this pot of gold (which is not). There are less supply of girls these days and many competitions from other shops plus problems with councils. It is simply not worth it unless you are going to do those hit and run joins. And if you going to do hit and run joins, may as well do FS.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Thanks guys for the advice, I think getting a brothel DA is prob the best way to go about it and make everything legit..

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Brother pro_seeker, draw up a business plan with a cost model. How many massages a day would you need to pay for the rent and outgoings. If you think it's viable then go for your life. Don't worry about council, unless they catch the ML holding a dick in their hand then you have nothing to worry about. From time to time they will have council workers come in and see what is on offer, they are pretty easy to spot and just need to tell the ML no extra's for this client.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Some people......

whatever

Junior Member(有D料到)
    How much are we talking ? Not a lot can I chip in ? Haha so next time I have a place to go .....

Quote Originally Posted by GWEILO View Post
    Don't worry about council, unless they catch the ML holding a dick in their hand then you have nothing to worry about. From time to time they will have council workers come in and see what is on offer, they are pretty easy to spot and just need to tell the ML no extra's for this client.
    Hi Brother Gweilo,

Good points and I think everyone (all the massage shop owners) are thinking about the same. I guess it's like speeding, you are not really speeding until you got booked right? just curious, how do you spot a council workers??

Cheers
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    just curious, how do you spot a council workers??
    Cheers
    They're usually the guys carrying a shovel to lean on.

Actually there is an investigator guy getting around as a contractor to several councils, calls himself "Brothel Busters". What a great job !!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Hi Brother Gweilo,

Good points and I think everyone (all the massage shop owners) are thinking about the same. I guess it's like speeding, you are not really speeding until you got booked right? just curious, how do you spot a council workers??

Cheers
    They normally have a fluoro vest on and holding a stop sign. Haha don't ask me about spotting council workers because I really don't know. Just got to trust your instincts and don't be too eager to offer extras, let the client initiate it. Girl can always say that the client pressured her to do it and that she normally doesn't offer extras. Like I said, unless they have actual evidence with the girl holding a dick in her hand it's a pretty weak case. If you get busted just open a new one next door, it's not that hard.

Banned
    I dunno but TWO different MLs said i looked like a council inspector/policeman last week! Am a normal looking cauc dude, 30s, 'clark kent' glasses, was wearing a suit on one of those occassions. Thing is i actually do work for the australian government at the moment but i was frickin offended anyway

Hi Brother Gweilo,

Cheers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie123 View Post
    I dunno but TWO different MLs said i looked like a council inspector/policeman last week! Am a normal looking cauc dude, 30s, 'clark kent' glasses, was wearing a suit on one of those occassions. Thing is i actually do work for the australian government at the moment but i was frickin offended anyway
    LOL I recall the very first post I made on this forum was about TC @ Maroubra and I was accused of being a Council Inspector - so I know how you feel !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Did you brothers walk in with bright yellow fluoro vests on and holding a lollipop sign?

Banned
    Horn-rimmed glasses, tweed jacket, leather briefcase

Quote Originally Posted by GWEILO View Post
    Did you brothers walk in with bright yellow fluoro vests on and holding a lollipop sign?