Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MyHealthrecord in or out

Senior Member(無間使者)

MyHealthrecord in or out

With the recent STI posts I thought about the new My Health record initiative and the recent cut off date to opt out.

How many people are concerned that their partner will find out about any testing that you may have done?

Banned
    Wouldn't a festering knob stand out more?

opt out of course, what is wrong with you?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    OUT.

It makes your health record a public document. There's little to no security against unauthorized access by people who work in the industries that are given access to the system, and it will get hacked externally and everyone's record stolen eventually.

Opt out now.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Opt out for sure. Government systems are fukn shit and can get hacked easily.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Isn't treatment at a sexual health clinic anonymous? It wouldn't be included in your record?

Banned
    Due to STI thread, I had USI/STI check booked. It has the option on the paper work to tick the box for my health record. I guess i know the answer now.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Isn't treatment at a sexual health clinic anonymous? It wouldn't be included in your record?
    Before I went to the GP to get the green from for a blood test I went to the Sydney Sexual Health Centre at the Eye Hospital at the end of Martin Place.

You have to enter your details on a screen at the counter. You then said to get interviewed. It felt quite normal amongst the other people. I was the only person wearing a suit.

I was called in to a room where a guy asked me a question about my sexual history. I did say I punted, he asked if I have sex with men, I said no.

He then said because my case is not complicated, plus I have a Medicare card and am a citizen that they can't help me. Basically they told me to go to a GP.

True story.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Before I went to the GP to get the green from for a blood test I went to the Sydney Sexual Health Centre at the Eye Hospital at the end of Martin Place.

You have to enter your details on a screen at the counter. You then said to get interviewed. It felt quite normal amongst the other people. I was the only person wearing a suit.

I was called in to a room where a guy asked me a question about my sexual history. I did say I punted, he asked if I have sex with men, I said no.

He then said because my case is not complicated, plus I have a Medicare card and am a citizen that they can't help me. Basically they told me to go to a GP.

True story.

So Sydney sexual health center is not a place to go to if u are Australian citizen? Is the place for non aus only?
    I don't understand how the system works

Quote Originally Posted by Effindahead View Post
    So Sydney sexual health center is not a place to go to if u are Australian citizen? Is the place for non aus only?
    I don't understand how the system works
    They help those who need help more, since Australian citizens are covered by Medicare, they can go to GP for free, but workers and visitors don’t have this option, the system can’t handle too many patients.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    They help those who need help more, since Australian citizens are covered by Medicare, they can go to GP for free, but workers and visitors don’t have this option, the system can’t handle too many patients.
    Yes, so best to go to a GP.

Also, they ask lots of questions and you have to complete a computer form, so your records will be on database somewhere.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by nxrsr20 View Post
    With the recent STI posts I thought about the new My Health record initiative and the recent cut off date to opt out.

How many people are concerned that their partner will find out about any testing that you may have done?
    Unmm if you get tests done using Medicare then even without myhealth there is still a record of that test on the Medicare system anyway. And that record can be seen by anyone who has access to your Medicare account.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post
    Unmm if you get tests done using Medicare then even without myhealth there is still a record of that test on the Medicare system anyway. And that record can be seen by anyone who has access to your Medicare account.
    Pay cash to see GP and the test without going through Medicare. I know it cost money but you spent $240 for a punt.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    regardless of what the reason is opt out

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post
    The Medicare record would show that you had a consultation with Dr X, and perhaps that you had a blood test with ABC Pathology, but would it show the actual results?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Pay cash to see GP and the test without going through Medicare. I know it cost money but you spent $240 for a punt.
    Is that even possible ?
    I tried this once a long time ago and they wouldn't do it without some form of ID ...

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    OPT OUT NOW .

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by CunningLinguist View Post
    Is that even possible ?
    I tried this once a long time ago and they wouldn't do it without some form of ID ...
    Only for you to register with the doctor for their record keeping. Medicare don't know.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Part of me likes the idea of having this available for any doctors I see but yeah don't have any faith in their ability to protect the data so....
    100% opt out.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I don't trust the cunt government with anything, why should I trust them with my data security?
    If they were fair dinkum this would be an opt in arrangement.

Opt Out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast