Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phuket/Bangkok Thailand

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I think you can leave Australia if u are on business travel / family urgency issues.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by davy69 View Post
    I think you can leave Australia if u are on business travel / family urgency issues.

Yes and get stuck overseas. International travel for liesure won’t happen atleast in next 9-12 months

Senior Member(無間使者)
    No point going to Thailand any more. Yes it used to be cheap for punting but now gogo bar girls ask pretty much what we pay in Western Sydney. In Sydney you have more choices Koren, Chinese, Japanese, Indo, Singaporean, Malay.... and list goes on. Be happy you can punt and not worry about next lockdown.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    They're talking about a travel bubble with Singapore, I can't see it happening for a while, we can't even keep state borders open in Australia, a few cases and borders close between states..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiGoodTimes View Post
    That’s true that the girls in the gogo’s were asking too much. Especially so, when many of them were making more than enough in “salary” for going naked and with lady drinks per night to not want to leave for small money unless they wanted to. And that was reflected in the bar fines those places charged.
    In essence it was best to consider gogo’s as window shopping. Spend some small money collecting numbers and try to arrange meets away from there if you really had to have her. Then when your primed sexually, but not alcohol wise, head to the smaller Soi strip bars, like Soi 6 and others. Shop there for eat in, or overnight takeaway. They were always way better value, equal quality looks wise, and often far better quality sexually, but with far less grief...

And that’s just talking about Pattaya, Bangkok, and Patong.
    Get away from there into the smaller areas, like the rest of Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samuel, and others, you would find equal availability of quality working girls, without the scams and games, as there the girls have to work to make money. As there are no gogo’s or bars there paying enough in salaries...

As to Thailand right now, it’s even cheaper than it was before, and will be for a while yet.
    Covid has tipped the supply and demand balance, pushing a 10 year reset on pricing.
    And IMHO, it will stay that way for quite some time yet...
    Thank you for the tips Thaigoodtimes, I had booked in for Thailand trip in 2020 April but had to cancel it due to covid. Will plan for good time if they open the borders or else will explore girls within Sydney.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That’s true that the girls in the gogo’s were asking too much. Especially so, when many of them were making more than enough in “salary” for going naked and with lady drinks per night to not want to leave for small money unless they wanted to. And that was reflected in the bar fines those places charged.
    In essence it was best to consider gogo’s as window shopping. Spend some small money collecting numbers and try to arrange meets away from there if you really had to have her. Then when your primed sexually, but not alcohol wise, head to the smaller Soi strip bars, like Soi 6 and others. Shop there for eat in, or overnight takeaway. They were always way better value, equal quality looks wise, and often far better quality sexually, but with far less grief...

And that’s just talking about Pattaya, Bangkok, and Patong.
    Get away from there into the smaller areas, like the rest of Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samuel, and others, you would find equal availability of quality working girls, without the scams and games, as there the girls have to work to make money. As there are no gogo’s or bars there paying enough in salaries...

As to Thailand right now, it’s even cheaper than it was before, and will be for a while yet.
    Covid has tipped the supply and demand balance, pushing a 10 year reset on pricing.
    And IMHO, it will stay that way for quite some time yet...
    Yes correct the last few years things were getting expensive i can't wait to get back it will definitely be a buyer's market

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4647 View Post
    Yes correct the last few years things were getting expensive i can't wait to get back it will definitely be a buyer's market
    Actually I don't think it will be a buyers market when Thailand opens up again.
    It might be for a very short time for the guys who get there straight away but it won't last long.
    Once the hoards of tourists who have been waiting for two years flood in again it will be an excess of demand over supply.
    Also many girls have left the industry and many shops/bars have closed so there will be a shortage of supply until they re-enter the industry.
    Eventually the market will reach equilibrium which in Thailand is medium-range prices.
    The 1980s-90s days of super cheap prices will probably never return.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    None of us has the ability to say for certain what will be.
    So we will all look forward from our understanding of what is and then what might happen.

My view is very different to yours, and that’s not a problem.
    It comes back to what you’re looking for exactly.
    Thailand has always been a multi level punting market with very varying price ranges for basically the same thing.
    One thing to remember is that Thais, other than the Hi-SO’s and very rich, don’t pay the prices tourists pay.
    And many of those places allow farangs in, in discreet ways.
    Also, there are areas that cater more so for permanent tourists, expats, per se.
    And again there the prices are way cheaper, and often the quality just as good.
    As many a SYT enters the Thai working girl market through their extended family connections into bars, massage, etc..
    And in those quieter places, bargains are often to be found, and will continue to be so...

Lastly my view on supply is very different to you.
    There are probably a million Thai countryside girls between 18 and 30 in Isaan waiting for it to open back up.
    Ones who have been there before wanting to go back, and new ones wanting to start that haven’t before and need to for extended family financial reasons. These can be back, available and working in days.

For super cheap rates...
    The punting explorers should head to Cambodia, or even Laos...
    Ive traveled pretty extensively over the past 15 or so years mostly in Thailand but also other places in south east asia so i was thinking the same .punting isn't my sole reason for going there and yes there is value to be found outside the usual tourist traps.i did do a few punting only trips to the Philippines wich were fun haven't been to Cambodia or laos yet but have heard a few good things and they are on the list

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Best case scenario aussies can hope for this year is a travel bubble with some pacific islands or possibly Singapore..
    I can't see restriction free travel until 2023/24

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Best case scenario aussies can hope for this year is a travel bubble with some pacific islands or possibly Singapore..
    I can't see restriction free travel until 2023/24
    I hope your wrong about that I'm hoping to go back to Thailand this time next year, I get my 2nd Pfizer vaccine shot tomorrow. I've missed 3 trips since this pandemic started.

Senior Member(無間使者)

The Stickman Bangkok newsletter is being written again

Quote Originally Posted by MrSeven View Post
    Off to Thailand next week, Phuket & Bangkok. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences there and can steer me in the right direction?
    The weekly Stickman Bangkok newsletter is being published again after a one year absence. Good news. This newsletter has all the latest Bangkok bar news and some Pattaya news. Stickman is now based in New Zealand and not Bangkok but he has excellent contacts. It’s good to see that some bars are now opening (fronting as restaurants). Now mostly private dancing I think. Massage has always been open. Will try Soi Cowboy, Nana and Patpong. I will leave for Bangkok this Thursday after a two year absence. Will also try Sukhumvit 21 and Sukhumvit 23 for massage. Stickman says that the MLs give a tug (on your clothing) as you walk near the shop. It sounds like they are keen.

Banned
    Why would you want to travel when there are many conditions imposed and risks involved? Many guys are keen for Thai boom boom and bars but will it be worthwhile if they return a positive test? What happens if you test positive upon arrival after catching it from a fellow vaccinated traveller on the plane? You're stuck and no fun time. Best to wait and see what happens.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Why would you want to travel when there are many conditions imposed and risks involved? Many guys are keen for Thai boom boom and bars but will it be worthwhile if they return a positive test? What happens if you test positive upon arrival after catching it from a fellow vaccinated traveller on the plane? You're stuck and no fun time. Best to wait and see what happens.
    I've read many articles of people forced into quarantine at their own expense for a positive PCR test on arrival, what a way to start your holiday. I think until testing is no longer required, I wouldn't bother...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234