Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not excited about punting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogey View Post
    I found that its cheaper overseas for long stay, but more expensive than here for short stay. Is that right?
    Everything overseas appears to be cheaper than here. I mean taking a girl out from her bar or club. However, it's cheaper here since you don't pay for the airfare, accommodation and other expenses when holidaying overseas.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogey View Post
    I found that its cheaper overseas for long stay, but more expensive than here for short stay. Is that right?
    Yeah, well you have to go for 2 weeks or more for it to be economically viable.
    If you stay for a month or two then it's as cheap as fuck!
    Lets say you go for 2 weeks and fly economy and stay in a nice 3 or 4 star hotel then you are starting off $2000 down.
    If you get a cheap flight and stay at a cheap hotel then sure you can do it for $1200 or even less.
    Food and drink? Let's ignore that. That evens out. Food and drink is much cheaper over there but you are always eating out as opposed to cooking and eating at home in Sydney so it kind of evens out.
    So you have to make up that $2000 deficit.
    That's not easy!
    If you punt at $150 shops in Sydney that's 13 x 1 hour punts in Sydney.
    If you punt in $250 shops then that's 8 x 1 hour punts in Sydney.
    So basically to make it worthwhile financially you have to stay a long time and punt a lot while you are there.
    But if you can get a really cheap flight and stay at cheap hotels then it definitely will be much cheaper over there, especially if you stay a long time.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Yeah, well you have to go for 2 weeks or more for it to be economically viable.
    If you stay for a month or two then it's as cheap as fuck!
    Lets say you go for 2 weeks and fly economy and stay in a nice 3 or 4 star hotel then you are starting off $2000 down.
    If you get a cheap flight and stay at a cheap hotel then sure you can do it for $1200 or even less.
    Food and drink? Let's ignore that. That evens out. Food and drink is much cheaper over there but you are always eating out as opposed to cooking and eating at home in Sydney so it kind of evens out.
    So you have to make up that $2000 deficit.
    That's not easy!
    If you punt at $150 shops in Sydney that's 13 x 1 hour punts in Sydney.
    If you punt in $250 shops then that's 8 x 1 hour punts in Sydney.
    So basically to make it worthwhile financially you have to stay a long time and punt a lot while you are there.
    But if you can get a really cheap flight and stay at cheap hotels then it definitely will be much cheaper over there, especially if you stay a long time.
    Very good analysis rooter!
    I came to this conclusion as well.
    The only real alternative is to work FIFO in some WA mine and live in Thailand while you earn AUD.
    Now that’s living!

Quote Originally Posted by zucon View Post
    @blacktoad

Haha, approach is quite simple.

Option 1. Meet online - WeChat or tinder or other dating site. Talk like for a few days and see if she wants to date you. Date the girl and what happens after date is your luck. I been quite lucky with most dates the girl was ok to come to my room and then it's your art with how you approach. Obviously she need to give you hint it's ok. Never push, respect the girl. Be ready for rejection

Option 2. Meet girls at coffee shop or malls, try to approach and be decent. If she hands out her contact, see if she can make it for coffee or dinner and then take it from there

You definitely need some skills with how you approach and be ready for rejection. Afterall it has to be mutual. I made a few contacts like this and I see them again, some think it's dating while some accept it's just casual.

You got to be sensitive to their feelings and if you see a girl getting too personal don't hookup as she may be thinking of long term and if you are not into that don't do it to her. Never play with a girls feeling.

Look at it this way - regardless in Asia or Australia how many of your dates ended up in a mutual fun over the night and still didn't turned into relationship. That will give you an idea. Stick to basics

Zucon,
    I am like you, I started off with punting, then pick up real girls. It would be good to hear a different viewpoint from guys who pick up, because it is a totally different game to punting. Personally, I do it because I like the challenge, the memories stick longer, and it's the ultimate testament to your sexual power as a man. But sometimes you put effort into getting a girl, then she turns out to have quality issues like terrible body, too hairy down there, small boobs - hate it when that happens.

I face the challenge of having to pretend to be a "normal" person when talking to ordinary people, because you realise 99% of the people you meet don't understand you and even approve your way of life. But do I care about what they think? haha..

And to add Option 3: instant dates/same day lays.
    To live in Australia is to win in the game of life.

Banned
    Why not pack your bags and do some missionary work in some third world countries? At least you will forget about punting and spending money on WLs. You will be doing a good deed for these poor people.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDickAsian View Post
    Very good analysis rooter!
    I came to this conclusion as well.
    The only real alternative is to work FIFO in some WA mine and live in Thailand while you earn AUD.
    Now that’s living!
    Thanks bro.
    Yeah its just basic economics 101

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I came straight from work, had a punt after paying basics and tip. More where extras were offered for another $50, but I had no more in my wallet. Manager said I could pay with EPTPOS at end. At the end at the door manager rings up $75 on the EPTPOS machine.
    I sorta had to go ahead, extra was good!

Silly mistake, bring all the cash with you on the day

But that left bad taste in my mouth for punting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperultra View Post
    I came straight from work, had a punt after paying basics and tip. More where extras were offered for another $50, but I had no more in my wallet. Manager said I could pay with EPTPOS at end. At the end at the door manager rings up $75 on the EPTPOS machine.
    I sorta had to go ahead, extra was good!

Silly mistake, bring all the cash with you on the day

But that left bad taste in my mouth for punting
    Cash is best remember this!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    If you were married.. I believe this would never be an option. Cash Money. Especially when punting

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Interesting topic.

I am never a pickup sort of person as I am married, normally get to the point approach. Visit a shop, pay, finish and walk out, that's it.

I can't be bothered to do the fishing part, just walk into a fish n chips shop and order what I want. Yeah if you do the fishing part, the fish is fresh compared to any fish n chips shop.

For those who are still single, enjoy while you can.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by kln View Post

I can't be bothered to do the fishing part, just walk into a fish n chips shop and order what I want. Yeah if you do the fishing part, the fish is fresh compared to any fish n chips shop.

For those who are still single, enjoy while you can.
    This is so true

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Same. Now I generally only go for massage/nuru + HJ/BJ.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    There are plenty of dating/hook up apps where you can find eager girls on line before you even arrive. Consensus is that you should not do this more than a couple of days before, because the girls have short interest spans. Use WeChat when you get there to find "girls nearby" or they find you. Use international sex guide forums to find more hints for the areas you will be visiting.
    I didnt realise that but you put it in words. Definitely short attention. I put it down to two reasons: most women are being chatted up by many guys online (ratio 1 woman to 10 men on these dating sites). Also women are looking to date 1-2 men with the best photos, not dating lots of different men at once. Like a goldfish, unless you get their attention early you wont get a second chance. And if you dont meet their standard, dont take it personal, but you will be ghosted

Senior Member(無間使者)
    When you are single you can enjoy the best of both worlds. No need to shut out options from life
    You can waste a lot of time on the dating merrygo round, being friendzoned at times.
    Sometimes you also date women you have no interest in seeing longterm, really just for the chase. But you waste a lot of time, knowing that you will have to dump her soon anyway.
    Instead, you can stop that quest, dont waste time on somwone who isnt ideal for you, and punt occasionally until a better lady comes along.
    And often we get into bad relationships because we want the sex, and dont move on quickly enough
    Dating can also leave you with blue balls in the courtshop phase, when the woman is still deciding how serious she wants to be.
    So punting is the cure for the blue balls, and stops you getting frustrated or wasting time when dating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12