Men who are successful career-wise, what was it that you did, that made you ultra successful in the environment that you operate in? Share your secret.

First promotion
Volunteered to manage a failing business unit because I saw an opportunity to turn it around. Turns out I made the right call, the business grew many multiples now than it used to be. Subsequently, I partook 50% ownership in it.

Second promotion
I objected my CEO's direction profusely on a particular matter that could make or break the company; I wrote a long email to him challenging him why his decision was incorrect and gave foresight what may happen. We actually wrote a heated email back and forth with the company secretary bootlicking him! But I stood by my conviction. As it turns out, out of around 10 points that I wrote, 8 of them came true. He has immense respect for me since then.

Third promotion
I looked at my CEO's skill set and I upgraded myself with the same skill set as him. I volunteered to take away some of his job. Then, there was a downturn in the economy that hit our industry pretty hard. I recommended an aggressive marketing strategy that could gain huge market share, again I made the right call.

I'm interested in the business owners, with net worth of $10M and above. How did you manage to reach the level that you are in? Or any advice on life/business.