Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily Telegraph Report

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    SS girls have been extra careful after news reported on the shop so I doubt anyone can get FS easily much less every visit.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    It's important make something very clear. No crime has been committed here.
    The police are not interested.
    The punters and MLs have nothing to worry about.
    All that has been breached is the Council's planning/zoning Regulations or By-laws.
    And the Council (not the Police) goes after the owner for breaching those Regulations.
    The owner cops a fine and even if it's $10,000 that's nothing compared to the profit a really busy shop makes in a year.
    It's not a criminal conviction.
    Brillant post rooter
    We can summarise the futility of investigative reporting using your summary. Massage is done by two consenting adults in a safe workplace

Because in 30 years time, long after this newspaper article was written, there will still be 1000s of people paying for massages legally, in far far bigger numbers than today. Its a way of life for 1000s of people, and a source of income for 1000s more
    In a stressful, expensive city, men and women will always enjoy massage as an inexpensive way to unwind and destress

The massage industry funds a lot of young people as they study and try to make a better life for themselves, in one of the most expensive cities in the world, again due to poor council, state and federal planning and budgetting

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop View Post
    Glad to see that Sydney's infrastructure problems, congestion amelioration, rubbish removal etc.
    are all so up to date that City council's exorbitant rate income can be spent on this shit.
    Is this story of massage parlours really a big deal in Sydney, the city of sin?
    Not unless its the bible belt suburbs in the northwest

As for the city? Come on. Noone cares about this investigative reporting as most of the population there are rapid turnover city workers or overseas students

Again its a third tier Council issue

Its hardly likely to get anyone a Walkley journalism award. If I was a journalist, I would want to be able to tell my kids I reported the big issues of the day.
    I would not want to tell my family and kids that Im reporting on how some undercover men are asking for special massages behind closed doors unknown to management

Your family and kids are going to Google what your journalistic output was, when they get to high school

If you are going to keep our society well functioning and report on Council, well done.

But please put far more effort into how planning laws are compromising everyones quality of life, by building more and more apartments in areas with no increase in infrastructure, public transport or wider roads. Focus all your efforts on the politicians and council members approving ridiculous new buildings in rural or heavily overpopulated areas with no new infrastructure

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    If you really want to get angry at someone, it's the do-gooders, the competing shop owners, the disgruntled ex-employees and sometimes even pissed off customers that raised the complaint in the first place and made the council get off their fat arse and investigate the matters.
    my mate reckons he got a heap of complaints from competing shops and they were the worst complainants. Especially in the suburbs where the one shop had the monopoly and another operator would move in and take their business.

FMH

Banned
    Also, Eamon Duff was doing stories about local brothels and massage parlours in the early 2000s when he was a local hack journo.

He is fixated on this stuff. Not sure what his beef is with the industry, he either flipped out over a WL that broke his heart or he bars up over the thought of the availability of sexual services. He's strange. Fucking strange.

FMH

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Maybe Eamon Duff has discovered the pleasures of the Muff!

Banned
    I think he's been denied too many times.

No muff for duff, life's tough!

FMH

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    There once was a fool named Duff,
    he thought he could shutdown a massage shop!
    He was not getting enough muff,
    since MLs thought he was a cock.
    So he wrote some silly stories,
    and complained alot!
    and never got to satisfy his morning glories,
    oh what a cock!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I wonder what's changed, few years ago some councils were complaining they weren't able to make 'charges' stick.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    While the bookshops, stationers, clothes shops, shoe shops, newsagents and record shops all go into receivership due to the internet, massage shops, hairdressers and florists thrive.
    People will always want to spoil themselves, with things that cant be enjoyed in front of a computer.
    Thr last thing Councils want to do is to kill more businesses. The depressed retail environment and the internet and the big Westfield shopping centres are already killing suburban businesses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123