Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stealing underwear

Aussie police are fine. NZ police are fuckers. Once, in Queenstown NZ, a hooligan driver tipped me for driving "recklessly" when he was the one speeding. The police managed to track my rented car down and issued me a fine even though he was not at the scene to make an unbiased decision. He gave a racist remark: we need to put you Asians back in buses. I asked for his ID and I reported his racist behaviour to the higher ups. I got a reply from the police saying he got disciplinary action, although it didn't specify what.
    To live in Australia is to win in the game of life.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFlush View Post
    Aussies polices are fine. NZ police are fuckers. .
    Not sure you can group all Oz cops in the same basket, I reckon NSW cops are better than Victorian cops, you are less likely to die from a gunshot wound from a cop in NSW ...
    Also I have seen NSW cops handle unruly bahviour much better than Vic cops.
    Dunno about QLD cops ?

Banned
    Aussie police are fine. NZ police are fuckers. Once, in Queenstown NZ, a hooligan driver tipped me for driving "recklessly" when he was the one speeding. The police managed to track my rented car down and issued me a fine even though he was not at the scene to make an unbiased decision. He gave a racist remark: we need to put you Asians back in buses. I asked for his ID and I reported his racist behaviour to the higher ups. I got a reply from the police saying he got disciplinary action, although it didn't specify what.
    What about the fine? You challenge it?

I did, didnt succeed. I'm surprised they could charge fines without evidence.
    To live in Australia is to win in the game of life.

Banned
    I did, didnt succeed. I'm surprised they could charge fines without evidence.

Some years ago driving through Bairnsdale, With my then partner at the wheel we were pulled over by Highway Patrol as we were allegedly phoned in by local , Alleged my partner she was using her phone while driving.

Couldn’t have been further from the truth

And whilst the cop was polite and mildly contrite because of the inconvenience we were still pulled over on the side of the road for good 10-15 minutes, for something that was impossible to prove

No fine, but Let’s ask FMH, if a fine could be imposed

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by liminal View Post
    Some years ago driving through Bairnsdale, With my then partner at the wheel we were pulled over by Highway Patrol as we were allegedly phoned in by local , Alleged my partner she was using her phone while driving.

Couldn’t have been further from the truth

And whilst the cop was polite and mildly contrite because of the inconvenience we were still pulled over on the side of the road for good 10-15 minutes, for something that was impossible to prove

You can probably go to the court in Parramatta and appeal any ticket. But if you have a chequered driving infringement history, be prepared to lose

Banned
    For the record - I WAS a cop. Not a frigging lawyer!

And now, in Legal Advice Hour, let's hear from our Defective Detective himself, mister FMH.... yay, crowd goes wild...

Based on what you've said, no. A fine could not be imposed without prima facie evidence. If it was imposed, it could be appealed. Chequered history or not, where's the evidence of the offence? IF the cop issued a fine and you appealed it, they would need to have the witness make a statement. Even then, there is a technicality that the fine should not have been imposed without evidence. "Gees, officer, I wonder if that was the lady that stepped out between 2 cars while on her mobile phone and I had to take evasive action to not run her over? Funny that she'd make a complaint about me when she was lucky I didn't clean her up!"

if the dodgy witness said you were speeding through a school zone for example, a cop might find you and pull you over, and as a first step determine if you're under the influence and posing some sort of risk. Duty of care. If not, then give you a talking to that you were witnessed allegedly doing something damn stupid and that's where it ends.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    You can probably go to the court in Parramatta and appeal any ticket. But if you have a chequered driving infringement history, be prepared to lose

If the fine was issued in Bairnsdale, Victoria then Parramatta, NSW is as relevant as Stockholm, Sweden.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Must Hang View Post

And now, in Legal Advice Hour, let's hear from our Defective Detective himself, mister FMH.... yay, crowd goes wild...

Based on what you've said, no. A fine could not be imposed without prima facie evidence. If it was imposed, it could be appealed. Chequered history or not, where's the evidence of the offence? IF the cop issued a fine and you appealed it, they would need to have the witness make a statement. Even then, there is a technicality that the fine should not have been imposed without evidence. "Gees, officer, I wonder if that was the lady that stepped out between 2 cars while on her mobile phone and I had to take evasive action to not run her over? Funny that she'd make a complaint about me when she was lucky I didn't clean her up!"

if the dodgy witness said you were speeding through a school zone for example, a cop might find you and pull you over, and as a first step determine if you're under the influence and posing some sort of risk. Duty of care. If not, then give you a talking to that you were witnessed allegedly doing something damn stupid and that's where it ends.

Ever get busted with my pants down punting... I’m dialling you Ironsides..

I was aware that it was an unlikely fine, And you’re right that much prefer to be in Stockholm than Parramatta

Banned
    Ever get busted with my pants down punting... I’m dialling you Ironsides..
    No need. Just bang on the wall, I may be in the next room.

I was aware that it was an unlikely fine, And you’re right that much prefer to be in Stockholm than Parramatta
    Nah, too much flat pack furniture - overrides the benefits of their socially progressive culture.

Banned

Nah, too much flat pack furniture - overrides the benefits of their socially progressive culture.
    😂 Funny man… I’m hoping the same sense of timing in and wit was displayed when the occasional DV dick was clumsy enough to full down a flight of stairs or two

Banned
    �� Funny man… I’m hoping the same sense of timing in and wit was displayed when the occasional DV dick was clumsy enough to full down a flight of stairs or two
    You had to amuse yourself somehow in those kind of situations. Kind of a "stress relief".

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Classic call. You are a laugh a minute. Good to see some high IQ on this forum, unlike me and everyone else

Banned
    Classic call. You are a laugh a minute. Good to see some high IQ on this forum, unlike me and everyone else
    I’m offended .. I once dated a Mensa chick

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I’m offended .. I once dated a Mensa chick
    Are high IQ ladies good in bed?

Banned
    Are high IQ ladies good in bed?
    Ha ha

that’s a good question .and as im a little in deficit .... let’s ask sydney_newbie

Banned
    Punter thought they were a souvenir!

Hope they weren't soiled!

Anyone remember the thread here a few years ago where a punter was busting for a shit, went to a ML shop dunny near QVB, found they had no bog rolls, and found a ML's sweater nearby, using it instead!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hornedone View Post
    Punter thought they were a souvenir!

Hope they weren't soiled!

Anyone remember the thread here a few years ago where a punter was busting for a shit, went to a ML shop dunny near QVB, found they had no bog rolls, and found a ML's sweater nearby, using it instead!!
    Suspect pussy as opposed to sun kissed is this punters preferred

Senior Member(無間使者)

Why did you leave the force? I have two cousins who are cops and seem like they enjoy it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post
    Why did you leave the force? I have two cousins who are cops and seem like they enjoy it?
    Murph can answer this one

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast