Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drug testing for the dole?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ether View Post
    Like many government policies that help the poor etc., they have good intentions but poor results
    Noone spends other peoples money as poorly in this country as the Reds, the Greens or the Watermelons

The NBN original plan was botched up on the back of an envelope on a plane trip by pretty incompetent politicians, history says, with no experience on how to run a business. The same circus troupe that dreamt up the Pink Batts insulation scheme. Google that to learn how young men met their fate early

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    You may be right. Spending $60 000 to someone to fund their rehab may be cost effective, but many may doubt this, especially with an ageing population and many other strains on the economy.
    But what isnt effective is giving people on welfare, cash to splash
    If you are going to take welfare for years and years, this is not your money, so a debit card keeps you accountable for what you are doing with other peoples money
    If I work for 11 years and am a fine upstanding community member can When I am 55 and redundant , with a clear conscience and without fear of been shamed stigmatised or further made to feel without worth receive 10 years worth of welfare ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Ice absolutely ruins lives. I support the death penalty for drug trafickers. That would drive up the price of drugs too. Today theres an article in the paper of a road rage incident in Sydney. One guy jumped out of his car all aggro. Police were called and found a personal stash of ice in his car. Need I say more

Consider this ... maybe this aggro guy has a history of priors, including rage that may have predated his presumed ice addiction . If so then what assumption can be overreached here ?

Some like to read high fibre ...

Murph. Can we go punting together ..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by liminal View Post
    If I work for 11 years and am a fine upstanding community member can When I am 55 and redundant , with a clear conscience and without fear of been shamed stigmatised or further made to feel without worth receive 10 years worth of welfare ?
    Tons of people in their late 50s and 60s are still working. Cos they are just bored to death at home if they don't anyway. Plus that way they have da extra to splash on punts.

Many flash their pension cards proudly at stores to get discounts and I've been told will be happy if those cards came with debit function on them too. In fact they are worried everytime they have to go to the ATM to withdraw cash and have to wait for someone to accompany them to do just that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123