Thread: Which prepaid option are you using for your punting phone?

Junior Member(有D料到)

Which prepaid option are you using for your punting phone?

Looking to take everyone’s advice and set up a punting phone, so I am looking to set up a number which I’ll use only for calling/messaging to book, and won’t be needing data.

Quickly researching it seems like Aldi mobiles pay as you go option is great value,
    Long 365 day expiry, start with $15, 12c per min, 12c per text. Should be easy to set up at any local Aldi, rechargeable through their app.

Any better ones out there?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Depends if cost is an issue. Avoid Telstra. Telstra requires you pay at least $30 a month prepaid, which adds up over a year. There are cheaper recharges, like $30, but the Telstra credit runs out quickly

Also get a crappy looking phone you could say is a phone your boss asked you to get, as you are likely to leave it hanging around home at some point

It has to be good enough to browse internet and install WeChat and Line

I do like a bigger screen phone. Its a pain browsing the internet with a small screen

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Amaysim has a similar 365 expiry plan for $10. If you need data they have a $10 2GB prepaid plan.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 335i View Post
    Amaysim has a similar 365 expiry plan for $10. If you need data they have a $10 2GB prepaid plan.
    Sounds good. Have always been wary that when you recharge with $10-20, the data lasts less than a month, anyone tried them?

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    2GB/month should be enough for a second phone. I have good data on my main phone which I can use for 95% of my needs.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    2GB/month should be enough for a second phone. I have good data on my main phone which I can use for 95% of my needs.
    On the subject of data, I never use my punting phone for Google maps. That app eats data like nothing else. Your burner phone will run out of credit within a week.

Another tip, be very careful what you search for on your legit phone with Google and Google maps. The history stays forever and a significant other can quickly see that you have been search for brothels on the other end of town

When you use Google maps to look for a brothel, dont use that exact address. Change the address by a few houses to avoid this problem

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Not need for a spare punting phone but was interested in the plans.

So if i dont want to go on pay as you go rate nor I want to only recharge when the number expire, $10 a month is the best you will get for some inclusion of data for a spare phone?

I see all the them OZB has deal from COTD, Kogan... etc. However there are many horrible stories from those MVNOs.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My ideal would be you pay for the SIM which has a plan lasting 12 months. You can topup when needed but you keep the number for the year at least

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    On the subject of data, I never use my punting phone for Google maps. That app eats data like nothing else. Your burner phone will run out of credit within a week.

Another tip, be very careful what you search for on your legit phone with Google and Google maps. The history stays forever and a significant other can quickly see that you have been search for brothels on the other end of town

When you use Google maps to look for a brothel, dont use that exact address. Change the address by a few houses to avoid this problem
    Just use private browsing and delete call history, you should be fine�� Of course unless your better half has hired a private detective then nothing can save you !!!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    My ideal would be you pay for the SIM which has a plan lasting 12 months. You can topup when needed but you keep the number for the year at least
    Both the ALDI and Amaysim will do that, IÂ’ve had an ALDI plan for over 2 years but rarely used it so only topped up a couple times.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I use amaysim and DuckDuckGo for real incognito mode

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Do you have to give Amaysin your real name and credit card number

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Do you guys have dual-sim phones?