Thread: Advice on joining WeChat ?

Senior Member(無間使者)

Advice on joining WeChat ?

I’ve downloaded WeChat but can’t actually register, as I don’t know anyone with the app that can complete the registration for me. Do you think I can ask a mamasan to scan my QR code for me? Or how did you all do it? Maybe WeChat has increased their security..

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Never had to do it but yeah a shop might help out, especially if you're a regular. Alternatively if you have a Chinese co-worker etc chances are they have it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil22 View Post
    I’ve downloaded WeChat but can’t actually register, as I don’t know anyone with the app that can complete the registration for me. Do you think I can ask a mamasan to scan my QR code for me? Or how did you all do it? Maybe WeChat has increased their security..
    There is no magic to it it’s just like any other app. Delete reload register it’s really straightforward

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I believe you don't need to get verified unless they've just added this process recently?
    Which step of joining does it ask you for the verification?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I guess they’ve changed their security and verification process. You now need a current user who has had the app for at least 6 months to verify your account. Also they can’t have verified any other accounts in the previous month. I just did a bit of research and it’s in order to combat users with multiple accounts/bots etc.

Banned
    Also allows the military brass in Tianamen Square to obtain further info from verified connections.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    this is new, and it's making wechat less and less attractive.

guess it would also affect people who want to buy a second punting phone with a punting wechat account.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Probably why shops are opening Line accounts.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Forget it, it's just there way of keeping tabs on you. Got to have a good social credit score over there now to get a train ticket.......

Senior Member(無間使者)
    WeChat isn't like it used to be.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah, WeChat is changed now a lot of restrictions and different version for different region.

Try downloading from Australis's Apple store or Google Store and easy setup process.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Easy setup but whts the point when Wechat has lost the reason guys got onto the app.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Girls are out there prowling for guys. If you have a good profile, they will contact you. Sure, there will be some time wasters and scammers, but occasionally some good.

And if you're dealing with MLs/WLs, it gives you anonymity.