Thread: Second punting bank account to hide from the wife

Junior Member(有D料到)

Second punting bank account to hide from the wife

Hey Bros,

Has anyone setup and know how well to keep secret a second bank account?
    it seems i can have work transfer an amount to a second account of my choosing, so I can have them send $200 or so to a second bank per month of my salary and the Mrs wont really know about it as its marginal from my usual salary payments,

Can I setup a bank to never send me letters so as to not give that away?
    when it comes to tax time I assume nothing changes on my tax processing? (we use same tax agent)

Thanks!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Hey ausnew, I do something similar. Just divert some money into another account. I'd recommend either Ubank or ING. They're completely online and don't send statements.
    Couple of things to think about is getting the bank card sent to you, and whether you put your tax file number on your account.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Citibank can send online statements only.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    You can have a secret bank account, but you will need a card to get the money out. Can you keep that hidden from her?

If you don't give the bank your TFN, they will take out the tax on any earnings at the highest rate

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    You’re best to just withdraw a little more each time from the atm and hide the cash somewhere. Your tax agent will see the net earnings from your payslip and if that doesn’t tie up to the deposit to your bank they’ll know.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Most transaction accounts pay so little interest now that it is under $1 over the year and is not reported to the ATO. If you are really worried find one that pays no interest

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I just hide some cash every time I get money from ATM.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I just made a Sportsbet account, they send me a card and I can withdraw / deposit money no hassles. And if your a gambler That’s a bonus