Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watching the Golden Globes?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Parasite was gripping, probably one of my fave korean movies up there with Oldboy

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    I sure hope "Parasite" gets a run in the multiplexes after winning both Best Picture and Best International Picture.
    I didn't get a chance to see it after its ridiculously short run in the arthouses. I just don't have the time to travel into George st or Paddington from the white cultural desert otherwise known as the Shire.

Ps. There is an excellent Chinese film on SBS World movies tonight. "Ash is the purest White." Nice spunky milf in it. Although a mainland film, the authorities somehow managed to overlook some of the director's social commentary.
    Well, they did better than that, got the Best Director too, so scooped the pool basically !

Just saw the movie on Telstra TV last night, quite funny and very well scripted all the way until towards the end when it went a bit crazy !

But nevertheless, very clever , entertaining anf highly recommended.

Also, I think it’s a genuine Korean movie not like the Ang Lee movie Crouching Tiger which clearly was made for the global audiences.

BTW, have to mention the oh so pretty , high class and sexy Milf Mrs Park !! I’ll post more on her in my other thread later !

Cheers

Ps. Also saw a bit of that Chinese movie on SBS, sorry, that Chinese lady did nothing much to me TBH.

Talking about Asian movie winning the Oscars, I still remember watching the Last Emperor winning all 9 categories it was nominated including Best Director and Best Picture ! But of course, it was an Italian production .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12