Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1866

Thread: Coronavirus

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Going to be a quiet couple of weeks at the shops. That QR code is a killer.
    Some ongoing intell would be appreciated

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I thought a Thai massage shop had a case so they must've contact traced the ppl who visited that establishment

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    I thought a Thai massage shop had a case so they must've contact traced the ppl who visited that establishment
    They will be trying to find Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Bugs Bunny. Lol!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I don't think that's going to happen, bro rooter. Masks will not sell out more than they already were before the mandate. The reason is, just having a mandate in place will not suddenly make people be afraid of the virus and start using masks properly. Those who did not care about wearing masks will simply do it "just for show". They will likely buy ONE mask, and continuously reuse the same one.
    I don’t think we will have a shortages of mask this time around, but I do think that disposable surgical masks will increase in price. The Uniqlo masks are a good option for reusable masks as they actually have a filter unlike regular cloth masks, and they are machine washable. I work at Uniqlo and masks were flying off the shelves. We sold over 1000 packs of 3s by 3pm yesterday which was 80% of our stock. But there shouldn’t be a shortage because we are receiving more stock tomorrow. Stay safe out there brothers.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I wonder if we could do a poll, have people vote

1. Still go, use app.
    2. Put a hold on punting
    3. Go private
    4. Circumvent the process and still go (aka Mr Bugs Bunny)

One thing, the app does not work on older phones (Androids running older OS), so you can then circumvent it by giving a burner mobile as they need to fill in your details via paper/sign you up and later you get an SMS.
    Might be time to use the old Nokia 3210e again!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albwick View Post
    I wonder if we could do a poll, have people vote

1. Still go, use app.
    2. Put a hold on punting
    3. Go private
    4. Circumvent the process and still go (aka Mr Bugs Bunny)

One thing, the app does not work on older phones (Androids running older OS), so you can then circumvent it by giving a burner mobile as they need to fill in your details via paper/sign you up and later you get an SMS.
    Might be time to use the old Nokia 3210e again!
    I actually wouldn’t mind using the app. I assume everything should be confidential so in the case where they contact for contact tracing, it should be alright?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post
    I actually wouldn’t mind using the app. I assume everything should be confidential so in the case where they contact for contact tracing, it should be alright?
    It *should* be alright but there is always that small chance something could get hacked/leaked. That being said, I am using the app every where I can so this would not change much for me.

Banned
    I read that the mutated strain is 50% to 70% more infectious. In simple terms that means for every ten people infected by the original strain, 15 or 17 will catch the new one. In other words, it is a mathematical certainty that the new one will take over

It reminds me of the scene in Titanic where the designer of the ship had its blueprints out and was calcualting the amount of water being taken in by the breaches in the hull and announced it was a mathematical certainty that the ship would sink. (btw, he was one that made it off the ship.)

Because the original strain is so infectious it gave it that much more opportunity to improve its efficiency. Every new human was one more opportunity to experiment in improvement. So the 70% more infectious one gives it 70% opportunities to become even more infectious. The vaccine is the only thing that will reduce the virus's opportunties to improve itself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    I read that the mutated strain is 50% to 70% more infectious. In simple terms that means for every ten people infected by the original strain, 15 or 17 will catch the new one. In other words, it is a mathematical certainty that the new one will take over

It reminds me of the scene in Titanic where the designer of the ship had its blueprints out and was calcualting the amount of water being taken in by the breaches in the hull and announced it was a mathematical certainty that the ship would sink. (btw, he was one that made it off the ship.)

Because the original strain is so infectious it gave it that much more opportunity to improve its efficiency. Every new human was one more opportunity to experiment in improvement. So the 70% more infectious one gives it 70% opportunities to become even more infectious. The vaccine is the only thing that will reduce the virus's opportunties to improve itself.
    Given the new mutated strains from UK and South Africa, the Australian government is considering closing borders to all travellers from these countries. If it has to be done then there is no choice. As long as we keep the borders closed then we won't have virus clusters popping up. Western Australia is doing well because their borders are closed while NSW is allowing people to arrive given that Sydney is the gateway to the rest of Australia. The only way the virus will set foot here is from returning travellers or airline crew once there is no local transmission in the community.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I don't think an Australian citizen should be denied entry back into Australia.

Maybe they should create a bubble whereby all ppl providing services to turned travellers are also in the bubble.

But like fly in fly out workers

Cleaners, healthcare workers, police, adf who are rostered works abd isolates in the bubble for say 3 weeks. Then they have 2 weeks off in the bubble and tested. Then they have how many weeks off outside the bubble before coming back in.

They should get paid well as well.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Given the new mutated strains from UK and South Africa, the Australian government is considering closing borders to all travellers from these countries. If it has to be done then there is no choice. As long as we keep the borders closed then we won't have virus clusters popping up. Western Australia is doing well because their borders are closed while NSW is allowing people to arrive given that Sydney is the gateway to the rest of Australia. The only way the virus will set foot here is from returning travellers or airline crew once there is no local transmission in the community.
    Yep. The best thing the Australian Government did was to close the borders to travelers way back in February. That is the main reason why we only have a couple of cases of covid and almost every other country in the world has thousands or even millions of cases. It also helps that we are a remote island with no land borders.
    To maintain this you have to keep the borders and the quarantine hotels as tight as a virgin's pussy.
    You have to let Australian citizens back in but you can limit numbers and have strict testing and quarantine procedures to stop the virus coming in and spreading in the community. The changes made yesterday to reduce numbers allowed to return and stricter quarantine and testing for travelers and flight crew are all good. Worst case scenario will be every now and then one or two get through but this can be easily traced and stopped and will not be enough to start an epidemic.
    As long as the borders are controlled we have no worries in Australia and can get on with our lives just following a few basic rules - you can't catch the virus if it isn't there. And then hopefully vaccination will end the pandemic in the rest of the world and we can relax the borders. But that will be at least another 12 months away.
    Australia was probably already the best country in the world, and during the pandemic it definitely is.
    I do miss all those horny Japanese backpackers, and plane loads of WLs from Asia arriving every week though

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    I don't think an Australian citizen should be denied entry back into Australia.

Maybe they should create a bubble whereby all ppl providing services to turned travellers are also in the bubble.

But like fly in fly out workers

Cleaners, healthcare workers, police, adf who are rostered works abd isolates in the bubble for say 3 weeks. Then they have 2 weeks off in the bubble and tested. Then they have how many weeks off outside the bubble before coming back in.

They should get paid well as well.
    I know we can't deny Australian citizens who for some had ample time to return but weren't sure about returning or now miss their families and want to return or it's getting worse in the countries where they reside and feel safer to be home. We have another island available. How about Christmas Island? When the virus outbreak occurred, we had many Australian citizens returning from Asia arriving on Christmas Island to do their 14 days quarantine and then returning to their community. At least anyone with the more infectious UK or South African strain won't be able to run away from hotel quarantine and into the community because they're on an island. They can still move freely and not be stuck in a hotel room for the entire 14 days.

Banned
    The Christmas Island facility only has a 750 accommodation limit.

The great majority of the world's nations have been absolutely incompetent at keeping a lid on the virus. All of Europe for example, Great Britain, the whole of the ****ing US, the middle east, Indonesia, India, even Japan (who I usually don't like to hear a word against ) have all duffed it.

The consequences are the virus has unnecessarily had millions more opportunities (humans) to mutate into worse forms, which it is now doing.

Therefore other country's problems are our problem.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My neighbour's daughter flew home immediately from London like within a week after she heard about the lockdown. I wonder if everyone came home then and not wait and see to the last moment things would be different.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I heard that some changed flights to get back asap but kept getting cancelled or delayed then cancelled.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1956 View Post
    Going to be a quiet couple of weeks at the shops. That QR code is a killer.
    Some ongoing intell would be appreciated
    Its only a killer if you have got something to hide..........

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    Its only a killer if you have got something to hide..........
    Privacy is always a concern for many punters, incl myself. Just cannot imagine if a shop causes trouble eventually, and ring me to go for test and isolate.

Banned
    I think I'll attend the next NSW coronovirus press conference and pin this note to the lectern before it starts:

"Gladys, take it as read from the start that you have the collective permission of all assembled here to say whatever it is you deem fit. Therefore at no further point do you need to ask us "Can I say..."

In the extreme likelihood that you keep repeatedly asking us for permission regardless, I have a loud klaxon here and will sound it every time you do. This may act helpfully as a memory aid."

Banned
    So the Astro Zeneca vaccine only has a 62% efficiency. In other words you take the vaccine and still have a 4 in 10 chance of catching the virus after being exposed. Great odds that.

What turkey signed us up to that one just because we can make it here?

The other two vaccines have a 95% efficiency.

Who else wants Rolls Royce standard instead of Great Wall standard?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul Jupta View Post
    Privacy is always a concern for many punters, incl myself. Just cannot imagine if a shop causes trouble eventually, and ring me to go for test and isolate.
    Well dont "punt" then....Like giving up smoking, you will save heaps......see who bites...

Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast