Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1866

Thread: Coronavirus

We are almost 95% vaccinated so it is likely that at least 80% of the new cases are vaccinated. Why don't they give this interesting data to the public? Why do they keep it to themselves like we are children?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Total still only have 625 people in hospital, 61 in ICU and 23 using ventilator.

Considering we have 47K cases in the past week. I guess the systems so far is coping. But the testing sectors are getting overwhelmed!
    NSW had 347 cases in hospital with 45 in ICU on the 23 Dec, that was just 6 days ago. If we focus on hospitalisation. That's like double in 6 days.

People don't get hospitalised for drippy noses.

Plus thousands of hospital staff are close contacts that need to isolate now since the Premier overruled the CHO and removed all mask and QR code.

I wouldn't say the state is coping well. Now they are just trying to cover up their bad decisions... With probably more bad decisions

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    We are almost 95% vaccinated so it is likely that at least 80% of the new cases are vaccinated. Why don't they give this interesting data to the public? Why do they keep it to themselves like we are children?
    The 95% are those over 16 and they only had 1 jab. If you include those below 16 only 80% of all had 1 jab.

Which means between 400K - 1M (depending on the age group inclusions) are still unvaccinated.

The health minister did say most of the hospitalised are unvaccinated. He didn't say ALL were unvaccinated.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    That's not a statistic it's an obvious assumption on my part. Just a rough calculation.
    People who make shit up for no reason are annoying. The hospitalised cases are mostly unvaccinated. The 11,000 per day people who have contracted Covid are not. They're also mostly fine. Thanks to the vaccine.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymouspunter View Post
    People who make shit up for no reason are annoying. The hospitalised cases are mostly unvaccinated. The 11,000 per day people who have contracted Covid are not. They're also mostly fine. Thanks to the vaccine.
    Lucky I'm the only one onthis forum making shit up.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    NSW had 347 cases in hospital with 45 in ICU on the 23 Dec, that was just 6 days ago. If we focus on hospitalisation. That's like double in 6 days.

People don't get hospitalised for drippy noses.

Plus thousands of hospital staff are close contacts that need to isolate now since the Premier overruled the CHO and removed all mask and QR code.

I wouldn't say the state is coping well. Now they are just trying to cover up their bad decisions... With probably more bad decisions
    Yeah, I was going to bring up this stat. The hospitalization rate has basically doubled within a week. That is NOT good. It's certainly not what the "leaders" were hoping for.

At the end of the day, it's not about hospitalization rate vs infection rate "looking OK", it's about whether or not the health system can cope with it. And "it" in this case, is the trajectory of the hospitalization rate. If it's heading in a direction that the administrators know that it will hit a number that will break the system, they would have no choice but to reimpose lockdowns. That's what's happening in Europe, although you'd have to take into account that they're in the middle of a harsh winter.

Also consider, Australia has an ICU beds ratio of 9.1/100k population.

That is where the stats they won't tell us are so important. If the hospitalisation increase is all or nearly all unvcaccinated, then it can be solved by vaccination.

NSW had 12,226 cases from 97,201 tests. That’s a roughly 12.58% infections to tests ratio.
    If they’d carried out the same number of tests as the day before and assuming the same ratio applies, we would’ve hit almost 20k new cases today.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    NSW had 12,226 cases from 97,201 tests. That’s a roughly 12.58% infections to tests ratio.
    If they’d carried out the same number of tests as the day before and assuming the same ratio applies, we would’ve hit almost 20k new cases today.
    I know we all stir and have a go at each other. We all have our own opinion and some may be passionate. But with this news I would just like to say to all the Brother Punters, pro vax or anti vax.... take care and Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    I know we all stir and have a go at each other. We all have our own opinion and some may be passionate. But with this news I would just like to say to all the Brother Punters, pro vax or anti vax.... take care and Stay safe.
    Agreed, good luck to us all. I’m over that whole debate.
    Forgot to mention, the hospitalisation rates continue to be a worry. 20% increase from yesterday. Considering the lag of new hospitalisations from new infections, I think this number will keep spiking up just like the infections started spiking up a week ago.

Brad Hazzard knew what he was talking about when he warned we could see 25,000 cases a day in January and he ain’t joking :

The spiking case numbers come in the wake of Mr Hazzard’s December 15 warning that modelling suggested “by the end of January, we could be looking at 25,000 cases of the virus every single day”.

Ok, I've got some figures, 2/3rds of those in hospital and ICU are unvaxxed. Therefore it is possible to slash the hospitalisation rate by two thirds.

Edit: Actually those better at maths than me realise there is a small logical flaw in this, I know myself but don't have the nous to figure it out.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There are many countries with many different models of approach to "living with Covid". Unfortunately, our leaders have chosen the UK model of letting the infection run wild.

Just sharing from what we see in Singapore. They too eased restrictions and went into the same mode of "living with Covid". But they have daily numbers between 200-300 range. And this is a high density city where social distancing is near impossible, everyone is packed in apartments with shared corridors and lifts. They kept QR codes, retail density limits, social distance limits, face mask rules both indoors and outdoors... Seems to make a big difference.

Numbers from the official Health Ministry in Singapore

https://www.moh.gov.sg/

They also have a statistics page which shows of the number of people in hospital, which are vaccinated or unvaccinated. So there isn't any ambiguity

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/statistics/

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Brad Hazzard knew what he was talking about when he warned we could see 25,000 cases a day in January and he ain’t joking :

The spiking case numbers come in the wake of Mr Hazzard’s December 15 warning that modelling suggested “by the end of January, we could be looking at 25,000 cases of the virus every single day”.
    The scary part of modelling is that it's based on "the rules applied to the model".

So when the leaders put in a model which says let all the infected mingle with the uninfected without face mask, social distance, etc... What did we think the outcome would be ?

Hospital, airports, pathology, soon food suppliers, postman, childcare, age care, teachers, train and bus drivers will all be out of service...

While Omicron may not be lethal to some. It's only maybe 50% of the infections. What happens to those who catches Delta ? Or other variants like Lambda, etc ?

There are many countries with many different models of approach to "living with Covid". Unfortunately, our leaders have chosen the UK model of letting the infection run wild.

Just sharing from what we see in Singapore. They too eased restrictions and went into the same mode of "living with Covid". But they have daily numbers between 200-300 range. And this is a high density city where social distancing is near impossible, everyone is packed in apartments with shared corridors and lifts. They kept QR codes, retail density limits, social distance limits, face mask rules both indoors and outdoors... Seems to make a big difference.

They also have a statistics page which shows of the number of people in hospital, which are vaccinated or unvaccinated. So there isn't any ambiguity

The SG Gov also made sure to distribute the free RAT kits to all residents before lifting their lockdown, along with keeping those precautions you mentioned.

Seriously, there have been so many missteps from the NSW State Gov. It’s like the Premier only had his eyes on the “prize” of a reopened economy and nothing else. I see his mug on SMH everyday, mouth open yapping away at how we must all go out and celebrate NYE to support the NSW economy. Makes me want to punch him in the face.

Everyday there’s a new “revelation” that they should’ve done something they hadn’t. Open up without preparing the testing capacity to handle it. Wait till you see how the RAT kits are going to be distributed, that’s going to be another joke. Where’s the postal capacity to distribute it? And don’t forget Australia does not have mandatory IDs with people’s addresses on them like SG. How are they going to send the kits out?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    The SG Gov also made sure to distribute the free RAT kits to all residents before lifting their lockdown, along with keeping those precautions you mentioned.

Seriously, there have been so many missteps from the NSW State Gov. It’s like the Premier only had his eyes on the “prize” of a reopened economy and nothing else. I see his mug on SMH everyday, mouth open yapping away at how we must all go out and celebrate NYE to support the NSW economy. Makes me want to punch him in the face.

Everyday there’s a new “revelation” that they should’ve done something they hadn’t. Open up without preparing the testing capacity to handle it. Wait till you see how the RAT kits are going to be distributed, that’s going to be another joke. Where’s the postal capacity to distribute it? And don’t forget Australia does not have mandatory IDs with people’s addresses on them like SG. How are they going to send the kits out?
    But don't forget Glady's wanted to open up on December 1st.

The safest place on earth as far as Covid safe goes is Hong Kong right now . Not so much the government doing the right thing but the people doing the right things to protect themselves and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    But don't forget Glady's wanted to open up on December 1st.
    That may be true, but the difference here is she never got to executing the reopening, he did.

Nobody knows how she would’ve done it. More cautiously or less? All we can do is consider what they have been doing or saying before all this and it all indicates that she’s the more cautious type, whereas he’s always been against lockdowns and always been pro economy above all else.

Tell you what… those small business owners would surely prefer a more controlled reopening than just letting all hell break loose. Now it is clear that people are locking down on their own.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Hk still has 21 day quarantine which is probably playing a big part

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    Ok, I've got some figures, 2/3rds of those in hospital and ICU are unvaxxed. Therefore it is possible to slash the hospitalisation rate by two thirds.

Edit: Actually those better at maths than me realise there is a small logical flaw in this, I know myself but don't have the nous to figure it out.
    There is no way to know if those 2/3 unvaxxed would still have ended up in hospital after getting the vaccine like some vaccinated people.

Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast