Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

There was a live interview tonight on ABC News with an ABC young man who went back to Wuhan to see his grand parents for CNY and obviously he’s struck in the city waiting to be rescued by the Australian government. According to him, a new hospital just opened yesterday . The supermarkets are still open but they will be checked for temperature before allowed inside. their family have stocked up enough food to last six months.

Meat though they have to ration and keep them frozen . They can still drive around but not much cars on the road.

He sounded pretty calm and not showing signs of panic or desperation. And he knew that if he could get on the Aussie rescue flight - they will be transferred to Xmas Island for assessment before allowed back to Sydney. But he was more concerned if he could keep his mobile phone and maintain contacts with the outside world .

They were on video call or something .

Very interesting!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dt333 View Post
    Summary from this article https://knowledgeofhealth.com/your-c...g-coronavirus/: Coronavirus is blown way out of proportion by the fear mongering media. The mortality rate of those infected is below 1% and those that are deceased are mostly the elderly with a weaker immune system and the malnourished. To overcome the coronavirus focus on strengthening up your immune system: vitmain d3, zinc, fermented foods, raw garlic, eat lots of vegetables for nutrition. Just like any other flu, it will come and go like MichaelAngelo. The flu's effect becomes weaker the longer it's passed down the chain line.
    The virus was "discovered" in December, incubation period 14 days, let's say people get sick for a few more days before they die.... and they already know the mortality rate by mid January? I call BS!
    That mortality rate 1% is also out of date.... It's been "revised" to 4% now.
    Does a 4% mortality rate justify the desperate actions being taken?

in the middle of intercourse with a WL tell her you have a secret to tell, I'm from Wuhan and fake a cough. see her reaction.
    To live in Australia is to win in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    No need to panic just yet, the latest this morning, Hong Kong has 8 confirmed cases and Macau has 6!

So far, all the infected people were Chinese nationals coming from Wuhan. There are No local HK or M people got infected yet. I believe same with the confirmed cases in Australia.

The best way of prevention would be to stop or restrict people from Wuhan from entering the country until the situation is under control .
    Wuhan population 11.08 million (2018)
    A big task

Banned
    The new virus, a sick combination of human and animal strains is a result of eating exotic wild animals.

The spread of it is an equally sick combination of the virus and China's **** communist system.

This piece is from Peter Hartcher from the Sydney Morning Herald:

"The point of origin for the new virus is a wet market where a long menu of exotic species was on sale, the Wuhan Huanan Wholesale Seafood Market.

Thanks to the English translations on the website whatsonweibo.com, we have a sampling of the views expressed by the Chinese people. One wrote: "The only outcome of eating wild game is disease! SARS came from civet cats and bats. Ebola came from chimpanzees, monkeys, wild boar, and bats. MERS came from camels. The avian flu came from wild birds and poultry. AIDS came from chimps. Is it really that delicious?"
    Another posted: "Let me say something malicious: Eating wild game is fine, just please remember to kill yourself immediately after." That'd be one way of containing the viruses that pass from animals to people.

The Wuhan wet market was shut down earlier this month but photos of price lists for delicacies on sale at the market include porcupine, peacock, wolf, ostrich, camel, snakes, asses and civets.
    Mackenzie observes: "The problem in China is that if it has four feet, it's edible, and the rarer and more expensive it is, the more brownie points for eating one. It's a difficult social problem for China to solve."
    As serious as this may be, it's a problem easily fixed compared with the second and greater of the fatal flaws. Although the authorities have moved decisively in recent days, there were serious early delays and blunders.

The authorities in Wuhan tried to cover up the outbreak. The first cases turned up on December 12 or earlier, weeks ahead of the official announcement at the month's end.
    Yet hospitals were told to report "zero infections" among staff, according to multiple sources. Sick people were turned away from hospitals untreated, including one woman who went home and died. The only response from the authorities was to follow up with an urgent cremation, conducted in secret, by a team wearing full hazard suits.

This local cover-up explains why the official national Xinhua outlet last week reported that all medical institutions had been ordered not to reject suspected viral pneumonia patients "for any reason".
    Why the cover-up? Wuhan was hosting annual meetings of the top municipal and provincial officials from January 7 to 17. Bad things were not allowed to happen.
    The censors ordered the media to report nothing more than what was published in the Communist Party's official outlets. So there were "zero infections" of medical staff for weeks until a dozen were reported infected all at once.

And there were mysterious delays in reporting the spread of the virus. For instance, beyond Wuhan, no new cases were reported in China from December 12 to January 21. Yet in those intervening 39 days, cases were confirmed in Thailand, Japan and the US.

Mackenzie says there are still a lot of questions to be answered. He asks why the local authorities in Wuhan called in China's national centre for disease control only on December 31, "when they should have known they had a problem earlier than that".

And this is the second fatal flaw: China's authoritarian system is accustomed to wielding power without accountability. Cover-ups, repression and censorship are the norm.

The local officials were conducting business as usual. But the virus defied them and Beijing ultimately acted. In the meantime, a local epidemic spread around the world. A Wuhan outbreak became an international pandemic. Fatal flaws indeed."

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    The new virus, a sick combination of human and animal strains is a result of eating exotic wild animals.

The spread of it is an equally sick combination of the virus and China's **** communist system.

This piece is from Peter Hartcher from the Sydney Morning Herald:

"The point of origin for the new virus is a wet market where a long menu of exotic species was on sale, the Wuhan Huanan Wholesale Seafood Market.

Thanks to the English translations on the website whatsonweibo.com, we have a sampling of the views expressed by the Chinese people. One wrote: "The only outcome of eating wild game is disease! SARS came from civet cats and bats. Ebola came from chimpanzees, monkeys, wild boar, and bats. MERS came from camels. The avian flu came from wild birds and poultry. AIDS came from chimps. Is it really that delicious?"
    Another posted: "Let me say something malicious: Eating wild game is fine, just please remember to kill yourself immediately after." That'd be one way of containing the viruses that pass from animals to people.

The Wuhan wet market was shut down earlier this month but photos of price lists for delicacies on sale at the market include porcupine, peacock, wolf, ostrich, camel, snakes, asses and civets.
    Mackenzie observes: "The problem in China is that if it has four feet, it's edible, and the rarer and more expensive it is, the more brownie points for eating one. It's a difficult social problem for China to solve."
    As serious as this may be, it's a problem easily fixed compared with the second and greater of the fatal flaws. Although the authorities have moved decisively in recent days, there were serious early delays and blunders.

The authorities in Wuhan tried to cover up the outbreak. The first cases turned up on December 12 or earlier, weeks ahead of the official announcement at the month's end.
    Yet hospitals were told to report "zero infections" among staff, according to multiple sources. Sick people were turned away from hospitals untreated, including one woman who went home and died. The only response from the authorities was to follow up with an urgent cremation, conducted in secret, by a team wearing full hazard suits.

This local cover-up explains why the official national Xinhua outlet last week reported that all medical institutions had been ordered not to reject suspected viral pneumonia patients "for any reason".
    Why the cover-up? Wuhan was hosting annual meetings of the top municipal and provincial officials from January 7 to 17. Bad things were not allowed to happen.
    The censors ordered the media to report nothing more than what was published in the Communist Party's official outlets. So there were "zero infections" of medical staff for weeks until a dozen were reported infected all at once.

And there were mysterious delays in reporting the spread of the virus. For instance, beyond Wuhan, no new cases were reported in China from December 12 to January 21. Yet in those intervening 39 days, cases were confirmed in Thailand, Japan and the US.

Mackenzie says there are still a lot of questions to be answered. He asks why the local authorities in Wuhan called in China's national centre for disease control only on December 31, "when they should have known they had a problem earlier than that".

And this is the second fatal flaw: China's authoritarian system is accustomed to wielding power without accountability. Cover-ups, repression and censorship are the norm.

The local officials were conducting business as usual. But the virus defied them and Beijing ultimately acted. In the meantime, a local epidemic spread around the world. A Wuhan outbreak became an international pandemic. Fatal flaws indeed."
    god nicely done god some heads will roll

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post

It's like they learnt nothing from SARS, or bird flu, or ...

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    It's the Apocalypse ... again ... LOL!
    Worst case scenario ... a few thousand people will die.
    And these people will be basically be really old, sick, feeble, demented ... death with come as a relief to them ... the alternative is a slow death by old age, pain killers, over-medication, nursing home abuse, prescription pharmaceuticals, .. Flu, pneumonia, falling over etc is nature's euthanasia ... nature will do what needs to be done .. nature will do what human beings with there distorted, hypocritical, religion infused, corrupted, pseudo morality refuse to do.
    Bring it on ... let's relieve these poor, sick, old, miserable people of their pain ...
    Disclaimer: I am on day 9 of a massive Alcohol, Cocaine, MMDA, Meth, Cannabis, Oxycontin etc bender . LOL. Fuck it's good . LOL! Off to an R&T now in Newtown. I've got a bone coming out of my pants. LOL!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    It's the Apocalypse ... again ... LOL!
    Worst case scenario ... a few thousand people will die.
    And these people will be basically be really old, sick, feeble, demented ... death with come as a relief to them ... the alternative is a slow death by old age, pain killers, over-medication, nursing home abuse, prescription pharmaceuticals, .. Flu, pneumonia, falling over etc is nature's euthanasia ... nature will do what needs to be done .. nature will do what human beings with there distorted, hypocritical, religion infused, corrupted, pseudo morality refuse to do.
    Bring it on ... let's relieve these poor, sick, old, miserable people of their pain ...
    Disclaimer: I am on day 9 of a massive Alcohol, Cocaine, MMDA, Meth, Cannabis, Oxycontin etc bender . LOL. Fuck it's good . LOL! Off to an R&T now in Newtown. I've got a bone coming out of my pants. LOL!
    I think you need to change hands.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    How long will it take for a clever establishment to create a new service thats less risky.
    Id pay for an hour of a really good edging service. WL should be practicing strip tease and handjob services with masks.. lol.

Even spice it up with 2 x girls at same time.

Senior Member(無間使者) Pussy HUnter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chemistry84 View Post
    Going to sound racist I understand culture but why would you eat things like bats and shit if they are known to carry viruses and shit?

I fear this going to make the Chinese even more disliked in the Western World.

And why the hell did the Government not cancel all flights from Wuhan?
    If you are into chicken feet, then maybe bats are fair game (no pun intended).

Why flights haven't been cancelled is beyond me other than not wanting offend our Chinese friends. Importing hundreds of people daily with the knowledge some of them will be infected and letting them loose on the community is just irresponsible but then again it is the government we are talking about.

Easy to see where ground zero is......

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Apologies for small photo - just click and it will expand. I don't usually post photos so have been challenged technically.

Virus spread 30 Jan 2020.jpg

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    I guess you could have applied the same theory and ignored my comment.
    I am not the one telling people to go back to normal programming or shy away from this topic.
    I am in no authority to tell anyone what or how they should behave in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by yug View Post
    I am not the one telling people to go back to normal programming or shy away from this topic.
    I am in no authority to tell anyone what or how they should behave in this situation.
    I guess you are inferring that my comment deplores you because you think I am in no position to make it. Again, each to his own.

My news is that half as many have died than SARS though more are infected than SARS, and the virus, whilst new, is not as aggressive as once thought.

Take the time to read all of a comment before cutting and pasting a little bit to suit your little rants.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I wonder how many people realise, simple face masks don't protect against airborne viruses. They can only protect against large droplets (sneezing or coughing on/by you). If a virus is airborne, you need a respirator that has a tight seal around your nose and mouth (even though you can still get infected thru your eyes, since they drain thru to the back of the throat). So to all those people wasting money buying simple surgical type masks... they're only as good as a placebo. If you believe otherwise, how about moving some asbestos for me...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Take Peter Hartchers words with grain of salt. That pos gets paid to lick Americans ass and bash china. Go back read all his articles on china. 99% are negative. Ignored that turd after realizing this.

Banned
    This article was published around the time of the SARS outbreak in 2003 and highlights some the negative effects SARS had on the sex industry. The question is whether Coronavirus will have a similar impact on the sex industry as SARS did.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/.../05/0000204779

You guys probably have no idea what actually is going on out there on the Sydney streets right now ?

Try go to your local chemists, Chemist warehouse, Priceline or whatever and try to buy some surgical face mask !! and come back here to let us know which shop in what suburbs have stocks ?

Then go to your local supermarket and check out the shelves where they usually sell hand sanitiser !!

Just my two cents

Good luck to us all.

ps. I was in Bondi Junction yesterday and none of the chemists from East Gate to along Oxford Street have any stocks. Except Mitre 10 where they were selling the P2 dust mask which is not quite right for the virus but there was a queue at the check out counter and they were all buying the same thing, they probably would be sold out by now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sukeong View Post
    Take Peter Hartchers words with grain of salt. That pos gets paid to lick Americans ass and bash china. Go back read all his articles on china. 99% are negative. Ignored that turd after realizing this.
    Actually, the turd along with Hong Kong and Taiwan no doubt loves China while hating the **** CCP. He probably thinks the CCP are NOT China.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    the biggest risk i see is if you get a knock on the door from the authorities saying you have been traced as a contact with someone who has it. the wife will want ANSWERS!

Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast