Page 50 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1866

Thread: Coronavirus

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Virus are not country not race dependent. Else by your theory there are many countries where virus were 1st identified should be blamed. Ebola, MERS, etc.

By your point we should blame monkeys for Aids and maybe racially vilify them ?

Globalisation isn't invented in China. The rest of the world can jolly choose to not have any travel routes to the country. But that's how the western civilization make use of cheap labour to put billions in their pocket.

Or if you take the case of the nursing home in Macquarie where 5 ppl has now died due to a nurse who came back from Iran going straight to work the next day, the nurse wasn't wrong, there was no order for 14 day self quarantine in place at that time, she needed to work to pay bills, her employers weren't going to pay her otherwise. So do you blame the employers, govt or the very nature of capitalist world order we live in ?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    Virus are not country not race dependent. Else by your theory there are many countries where virus were 1st identified should be blamed. Ebola, MERS, etc.

By your point we should blame monkeys for Aids and maybe racially vilify them ?

Globalisation isn't invented in China. The rest of the world can jolly choose to not have any travel routes to the country. But that's how the western civilization make use of cheap labour to put billions in their pocket.

Or if you take the case of the nursing home in Macquarie where 5 ppl has now died due to a nurse who came back from Iran going straight to work the next day, the nurse wasn't wrong, there was no order for 14 day self quarantine in place at that time, she needed to work to pay bills, her employers weren't going to pay her otherwise. So do you blame the employers, govt or the very nature of capitalist world order we live in ?
    Yeah but Ebola and MERS didn't originate in the same country 3 times.
    If it happens in the same country 3 times, it raises eyebrow.

Lets look at the AIDS and monkey analogy you gave.
    I would certainly blame the monkey if it had the ability to separate right from wrong and was repeatedly putting other species at risk (despite knowing about it).

Yeah, virus is not country dependent but a country's government can be vigilant and not do things that causes the risk for it to happen again and again.

I am an Australian. If a virus originates here 3 times and then people start to question us, I will happily self-reflect and try to fix the issue.
    What would you do? Take it as a luck of the draw and wait for another virus to attack?...You go to the source and try and fix the issue...

By the way, I have clearly said Chinese Government; there is no need to bring race into this.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by yug View Post
    Yeah but Ebola and MERS didn't originate in the same country 3 times.
    If it happens in the same country 3 times, it raises eyebrow.

Lets look at the AIDS and monkey analogy you gave.
    I would certainly blame the monkey if it had the ability to separate right from wrong and was repeatedly putting other species at risk (despite knowing about it).

Yeah, virus is not country dependent but a country's government can be vigilant and not do things that causes the risk for it to happen again and again.

I am an Australian. If a virus originates here 3 times and then people start to question us, I will happily self-reflect and try to fix the issue.
    What would you do? Take it as a luck of the draw and wait for another virus to attack?...You go to the source and try and fix the issue...

By the way, I have clearly said Chinese Government; there is no need to bring race into this.
    Act of Nature
    What we are talking about here is an act of nature. By mother nature not the Chinese govt. Just like every year there are tons of new flu strains due to mutations and hence we need to get a booster flu vaccine jab every year to innoculate ourselves from these new flu strains. Every now and there there are mutations that are more deadly, like Ebola, MERS, SARS or even Zika, etc.

Govt can't negotiate with monkeys to stop Aids or Mosquitos to stop Zika.

It's not in the power of any govt to be able to stop mutations by mother nature.

Transmission
    My 2nd point was about transmission. Globalisation wasn't invented by the Chinese govt. Countries all over the world invented Globalisation to increase profit, tourist dollars, access to low cost manufacturing, etc. But the drawback is we get the virus like SARS, MERS, Zika transmitted all over the world. But we dun go around slamming Brazil, etc because they are just taking part in the Globalisation structure setup for us to gain access to their lower cost products.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Act of Nature
    What we are talking about here is an act of nature. By mother nature not the Chinese govt. Just like every year there are tons of new flu strains due to mutations and hence we need to get a booster flu vaccine jab every year to innoculate ourselves from these new flu strains. Every now and there there are mutations that are more deadly, like Ebola, MERS, SARS or even Zika, etc.

Govt can't negotiate with monkeys to stop Aids or Mosquitos to stop Zika.

It's not in the power of any govt to be able to stop mutations by mother nature.

Transmission
    My 2nd point was about transmission. Globalisation wasn't invented by the Chinese govt. Countries all over the world invented Globalisation to increase profit, tourist dollars, access to low cost manufacturing, etc. But the drawback is we get the virus like SARS, MERS, Zika transmitted all over the world. But we dun go around slamming Brazil, etc because they are just taking part in the Globalisation structure setup for us to gain access to their lower cost products.
    You still don't get it, do you?
    Nobody is blaming Chinese government for Globalization. And yeah, there are other countries that have spread the virus too.
    But, in China, three types of virus have originated already!...If the virus originated in Brazil 3 separate times, I would be criticizing Brazilian government as well. In fact, I do criticize Brazilian government for burning of the rain forest.

Even if the virus is an Act of Nature, it is avoidable.
    If the world goes into chaos every time the virus is loose, it's time to do the right thing and close down that which is the potential cause of the virus: wet markets and testing laboratories. Minimize the likelihood of these virus being spread.

Nobody is asking government to stop the mutation of mother nature.
    People are asking government to not mess with mother nature; let them be in the forest rather than some meat market; There is a reason they belong in the wild.

True! Government can't negotiate with monkeys.
    But Government can negotiate with people who sell those wild monkeys/bats/animals or test them in a lab.
    By the way, nobody was insinuating that they negotiate with monkeys; I don't know where you got that idea. There is difference between reading between the lines and making up own lines.

Anyway, I am out.
    It's a total waste of time arguing with you.

By your logic, there is zero accountability on anyone and we might as well pack our bags and die with it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by yug View Post
    You still don't get it, do you?
    Nobody is blaming Chinese government for Globalization. And yeah, there are other countries that have spread the virus too.
    But, in China, three types of virus have originated already!...If the virus originated in Brazil 3 separate times, I would be criticizing Brazilian government as well. In fact, I do criticize Brazilian government for burning of the rain forest.

Even if the virus is an Act of Nature, it is avoidable.
    If the world goes into chaos every time the virus is loose, it's time to do the right thing and close down that which is the potential cause of the virus: wet markets and testing laboratories. Minimize the likelihood of these virus being spread.

Nobody is asking government to stop the mutation of mother nature.
    People are asking government to not mess with mother nature; let them be in the forest rather than some meat market; There is a reason they belong in the wild.

True! Government can't negotiate with monkeys.
    But Government can negotiate with people who sell those wild monkeys/bats/animals or test them in a lab.
    By the way, nobody was insinuating that they negotiate with monkeys; I don't know where you got that idea. There is difference between reading between the lines and making up own lines.

Anyway, I am out.
    It's a total waste of time arguing with you.

By your logic, there is zero accountability on anyone and we might as well pack our bags and die with it.
    All your points are speculations, that it was the wet market and test labs that created this virus. Where is your proof ??

I should have given up when you said you actually blame the monkeys for Aids. I bet the monkeys understand better than you.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I should have given up when you said you actually blame the monkeys for Aids. I bet the monkeys understand better than you.
    Yeah, may be.
    There is one monkey who doesn't understand better than me though and that's you.

And I didn't say I blame monkeys for AIDS.
    I said if Monkeys are able to tell between right and wrong like humans do, then you can blame on Monkeys. Trying to twist my words and turn this on me!
    Or you genuinely having trouble understanding words ?

If my points are speculations, then all the news agencies and world media are speculating.
    Or is it the first time you are hearing about wet markets and test labs?
    And Chinese government itself, at one point, speculated it might have originated from the wet market and quickly closed down the market.
    So don't come to me with "Where is your proof?" argument.

Where in the hell have you seen (media or otherwise) blaming it on: "Globalization" and "Forces of Nature" like you did!

Banned
    If I had a gun, I'd shoot both monkeys cos they were arguing for something that's not worth fighting for.
    Lol

I watched this just now. It goes for a bit but if you have a spare hour (who doesn't right) it is worth watching. Some damning accusations and perhaps even evidence against CCP. If you think this is all over when everyone gets physically well, think again. I am not one to look into a crystal ball and predict the future, but I gotta say, things are looking pretty bleak. The world is baying for CCP blood and I can't see CCP taking a backward step.

https://youtu.be/Gdd7dtDaYmM

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I have read much commentary regarding where the Covid-19 may have come from, and there are many opinions espoused which do not seem to reference scientific research on this topic.

So I have listed a few of these which may be of interest.

I summary, I will quote from the reference listed below in a scientific journal reported in 2007:

Coronaviruses are well known to undergo genetic recombination, which may lead to new genotypes and outbreaks. The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored.

2007: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus as an Agent of Emerging and Reemerging Infection

https://cmr.asm.org/content/20/4/660

2013: SARS-CoV ancestor found in Chinese bats
    A new study reports the isolation of a novel coronavirus (CoV) from Chinese horseshoe bats, which is more closely related to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) than any previously identified bat CoV, providing strong evidence that SARS-CoV might have originated in bats.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nrmicro3167

2015: The next SARS?
    data suggest that CoVs currently circulating in bats have the potential for human emergence.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nrmicro.2015.17

2020: Ticking ‘time bomb’: Study predicted re-emergence of ‘SARS-like virus’ 13 years ago

Researchers at The Hong Kong University said there was a 'large reservoir' of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, warned against wet markets being a source of such infections.

https://theprint.in/health/ticking-t...rs-ago/386236/

2020: CHINA IS LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR COVID-19 DAMAGE AND CLAIMS COULD BE IN THE TRILLIONS Quite a damning report against the Chinese government

… and one of many reporting similar:

Unfortunately, China’s evasions are part of the autocratic playbook, repeating its obstruction of information that worsened the SARS crisis 18 years earlier. In that case, China tried to cover up the SARS epidemic, which led WHO member states to adopt the new International Health Regulations in 2005. In both cases, China and the world would have been spared thousands of unnecessary deaths had China acted forthrightly and in accordance with its legal obligations. Although China’s public health system has been modernized, observed Jude Blanchette, head of China Studies at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, its political system has regressed.

China did not intentionally create a global pandemic, but its malfeasance is certainly the cause of it.

https://warontherocks.com/2020/03/ch...the-trillions/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    Singapore who everyone looked glowingly at the way they controlled the outbreak is now having a big second wave of outbreaks. As the PM said we will be living like this for at least 6 months.
    South Korea is experiencing a second wave of the virus. It sure is a deadly virus that's not giving up easily.

There's a push from various sectors to relax the lockdown rules without giving serious thought to what may occur if this is done by the authorities. Many Aussies are taking a casual relaxed approach to this virus because they haven't seen their loved ones die and be buried in mass graves just like in the US or Italy or being unable to visit their loved ones in hospital. If it was occurring here, people would be seeing it differently and not whinging about the current lockdown in place.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    South Korea is experiencing a second wave of the virus. It sure is a deadly virus that's not giving up easily.

There's a push from various sectors to relax the lockdown rules without giving serious thought to what may occur if this is done by the authorities. Many Aussies are taking a casual relaxed approach to this virus because they haven't seen their loved ones die and be buried in mass graves just like in the US or Italy or being unable to visit their loved ones in hospital. If it was occurring here, people would be seeing it differently and not whinging about the current lockdown in place.
    Correct until your ass on fire people will not believe that's what happens to Italy/France/Spai/UK/USA.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Correct until your ass on fire people will not believe that's what happens to Italy/France/Spai/UK/USA.
    And if the government relaxes the law and people die, they will be blamed for it.
    Either way, there is no winning.
    As a humanity, we will eventually kill ourselves.

At times like this, we get to see worst of humanity at display.
    I mean look at this video where some Australians are being racists and some are coming up with idiotic logic such as: "You can't get Coronavirus from the Ocean". Starts at 3:40 minutes into the video.

https://youtu.be/gQ-Sd0h3mDY

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    For those of you expressing such strong anti-China sentiments, I think a great start would be for you to personally boycott any goods made in or with any components made in China. Anything you already own should go in the bin immediately. After all, surely you wouldn’t want to be supporting such a despotic regime in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by quackm2002 View Post
    For those of you expressing such strong anti-China sentiments, I think a great start would be for you to personally boycott any goods made in or with any components made in China. Anything you already own should go in the bin immediately. After all, surely you wouldn’t want to be supporting such a despotic regime in any way.
    Good idea !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by quackm2002 View Post
    1. Burn any clothes make in chinaa!!
    2. Take a hammer now to smash your iPhone or any phone with China parts.
    2. Go and see if your car wheels not make in China
    4. Don't fuck any China girls.

Banned
    Certainly China's initial reaction caused more grief than necessary, however, let's not blame the Trump administration's utter incompetence on the Chinese.
    The Americans saw it coming and did nothing adequate. The US is truly a 3rd world country.

Banned
    I can't believe President Trump expects the US to be open for business with everything back to normal by early May. Can he not see what this virus has done and continues to do to his country?

Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    1. Burn any clothes make in chinaa!!
    2. Take a hammer now to smash your iPhone or any phone with China parts.
    2. Go and see if your car wheels not make in China
    4. Don't fuck any China girls.
    To start with item one, probably you have to burn all your undies and socks !

And no matter what make your car is, there’s bound to be some parts made in China !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    For those of you who have espoused such strong anti-Chinese views and you know who you are, you really need to take a long hard look at the products that you use. Most of you claim to be anti-Chinese government not anti-Chinese but the reality is that much of your ideology is dripping with racism.

Well, it’s their economy that keeps them strong and keeps them in the position they are so you should be doing everything you can to avoid supporting their economy seeing you despise that autocratic and despotic regime so much.

Start with your phone. Oh, do you have a Chinese phone? Tut-tut. Naughty. Oh, you don’t? You have an apple or a Google or a Korean phone? Sorry, I think you might have to put that under the sledgehammer. They are packed full of Chinese components.

Let’s go to your car. I suspect that’s gonna have to go under the crusher as well. Good luck finding a vehicle that does not have a single Chinese component in it.

Let’s go to your home. Dump most of your electronics and appliances immediately.

let’s go to your wardrobe. Oh, Wil has already covered that.

Your kitchen? Your garden? Your sports equipment? Hey - guess what - you’re a supporter of that autocratic and despotic regime. It’s like those pathetic Facebook posts about not buying Chinese goods - it’s not just hypocrisy. It’s actually ignorance that is at a laughable level.

You guys have a lot of similarities to those LQBTIQ clowns who espouse such woke and wonderfully sanctimonious views but continue to buy petrol to support Middle East governments who are the most brutal countries against homosexuals.

Finally, seeing you hate the Chinese so much, keep your hands off our pussy.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Setting the record straight.
    Not the wonderful Chinese people or their products,
    The Chinese government.

2020: CHINA IS LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR COVID-19 DAMAGE AND CLAIMS COULD BE IN THE TRILLIONS Quite a damning report against the Chinese government

… and one of many reporting similar:

Unfortunately, China’s evasions are part of the autocratic playbook, repeating its obstruction of information that worsened the SARS crisis 18 years earlier. In that case, China tried to cover up the SARS epidemic, which led WHO member states to adopt the new International Health Regulations in 2005. In both cases, China and the world would have been spared thousands of unnecessary deaths had China acted forthrightly and in accordance with its legal obligations. Although China’s public health system has been modernized, observed Jude Blanchette, head of China Studies at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, its political system has regressed.

China did not intentionally create a global pandemic, but its malfeasance is certainly the cause of it.

https://warontherocks.com/2020/03/ch...the-trillions/

Page 50 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast