Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1866

Thread: Coronavirus

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Many MLs work not at one establishment but many. For instance, a ML may work in the Northern Beaches area and then she may work in the west or City CBD. She can spread the virus without knowing it and probably won't get tested because she will fear being asked which areas she visited in case she has been working more than 20 hours per week on a student visa.
    100% agree but it’s not just an issue now, existed previous to this outbreak as well

Quote Originally Posted by lonely heart View Post
    30 mins drive and the area she work is the first suburb with multiple establishment. Where you think all the horny dicks in northern beach go when all they can access locally is overpriced in/out. I bet you don't even know the demographic of customer in north shore.
    I said you don't know the difference between the North Shore and the Northern Beaches. I bet you are a cheap arse cunt that women loathe to see. In fact, I know. Yet, you walk away, claiming victory......I despise you cunt. You are everything about punters that I hate.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by manjuice333 View Post
    Over-hyped pandemic.

We should never have let the government assumed this much power and control over our daily lives.
    is manjuice333 one of those restless mindless backpackers crowding Bronte Beach?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Oh freak. They're going around perhaps cross contaminating. And the new strain that we have atm shows no symptoms til about the 4th or 5th day so they could have it and pass it on without knowing.

Good luck boys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spaniel77 View Post
    Oh freak. They're going around perhaps cross contaminating. And the new strain that we have atm shows no symptoms til about the 4th or 5th day so they could have it and pass it on without knowing.

Good luck boys.
    Didn't they find the English strain in Adelaide and the South African one in Queensland from returned Aussies living overseas? Both strains are very contagious. If we don't keep our borders closed and have everyone who arrives here go into hotel quarantine that is managed by the police, we will never defeat this virus and it will keep affecting our lives and our economy for a long time. As for those backpackers who attended Bronte Beach to celebrate Xmas despite restrictions, just reckless idiots who don't care about anyone else besides themselves. If the Australian government decides to cancel their visas and be deported then they deserve it.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I see the government is starting to mandate the use of the Service NSW QR code for check in at "entertainment venues" and hairdressers, in lieu of the private systems. Wonder if this will extend to our shops?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spaniel77 View Post

Good luck boys.
    Didn't they find the English strain in Adelaide and the South African one in Queensland from returned Aussies living overseas? Both strains are very contagious. If we don't keep our borders closed and have everyone who arrives here go into hotel quarantine that is managed by the police, we will never defeat this virus and it will keep affecting our lives and our economy for a long time. As for those backpackers who attended Bronte Beach to celebrate Xmas despite restrictions, just reckless idiots who don't care about anyone else besides themselves. If the Australian government decides to cancel their visas and have them deported then they deserve it.

Banned
    Gonna have to QR code for a massage soon enough

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwinko View Post
    Gonna have to QR code for a massage soon enough
    I guess, hospitality businesses are progressively made to implement NSW Service app for contact tracing.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefrog View Post
    I guess, hospitality businesses are progressively made to implement NSW Service app for contact tracing.
    Even so. Men always evolve. They'll find a way to hide their identity somehow. Not sure how yet. But people get creative.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I see the government is starting to mandate the use of the Service NSW QR code for check in at "entertainment venues" and hairdressers, in lieu of the private systems. Wonder if this will extend to our shops?
    It should do, its the "ideal" place for spreading bugs.........

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    It should do, its the "ideal" place for spreading bugs.........
    Also punters do travel far and wide to see their fav's.
    Then you have the girls who live outside of the suburbs they work, so you that aspect to deal with.

However, either its been pretty clean, or no punter has actually gone to get tested and if positive mentioned oh i was at this place on friday.....or we have a lot of contact tracing trying to find mickey mouse and Donald duck that is now infected.

We finally got a mandate for mask wearing in public transport, shopping centres and all hospitality venues - it’s about bloody time, I couldn’t understand why it took so long for Gladys and Dr Chant to action.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    We finally got a mandate for mask wearing in public transport, shopping centres and all hospitality venues - it’s about bloody time, I couldn’t understand why it took so long for Gladys and Dr Chant to action.
    My understanding and observations, so far:

Australia, like many other Western countries, wasn’t prepared for COVID-19. Unlike Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong , and Taiwan where they have law in place to self produced mask in large quantities in virus outbreak; this is from previous lessons learnt from SARS.

When the outbreak happened, everyone noted that almost the world supply of medical PPEs are made in China; to make the situation worst, all overseas (Mainland) Chinese and Chinese affiliated companies are buying up medical PPEs are mailed / shipped back to China. i.e. even Bunnings and other hardware stores that sell N95 dusk mask are also out of stock. This left extremely limited stocks medical PPEs for hospitals use, almost none for the general public.

Public Health official’s initial recommendation was: “ “Don’t put masks on, because we’re going to be taking them away from health care workers.” The strategy was to reduce people-to-people contact by limiting general public movement, stay home unless essential travel is necessary. Unfortunately, that understandably got interpreted as: “we didn’t think masks were of any benefit.”

This COVID-19 is not going away anytime soon, there will be waves after waves of transmission. Public Health officials also noted that ‘locking’ people up for long periods will increase mental health problems due to lack of human socializing and/or leads to complacent which makes lock-down no longer an effective strategy to control COVID-19 transmission. With the stock of medical PPEs ( including surgical masks) return to normal supply as well as abundant more available to general public which can be purchased from supermarkets, pharmacies, and of cos Bunnings; the Public Health official message is then changed to request for general public to wear mask. It is up to the local government to manage their recommendation, i.e to mandate or not.

Local government also has to consider the impact to the economy, as lock-down is not sustainable; sooner or later people have to interact, going on with their daily life, conduct businesses, etc. Therefore, not a surprise to make everyone to wear masks when out in public place.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    If you haven't already, then buy a box of masks today, before all the shortages and price rises, and profiteering starts.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    If you haven't already, then buy a box of masks today, before all the shortages and price rises, and profiteering starts.
    I don't think that's going to happen, bro rooter. Masks will not sell out more than they already were before the mandate. The reason is, just having a mandate in place will not suddenly make people be afraid of the virus and start using masks properly. Those who did not care about wearing masks will simply do it "just for show". They will likely buy ONE mask, and continuously reuse the same one.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Was at Cotton-On today, their reusable masks have already sold out. Uniqlo still have them on the racks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Albwick View Post
    Also punters do travel far and wide to see their fav's.
    Then you have the girls who live outside of the suburbs they work, so you that aspect to deal with.

However, either its been pretty clean, or no punter has actually gone to get tested and if positive mentioned oh i was at this place on friday.....or we have a lot of contact tracing trying to find mickey mouse and Donald duck that is now infected.
    I'm surprised too that there has been no mention of any shops during this whole pandemic of restrictions and lockdowns. Would any punters reveal to health officials that they were at a particular shop if they were told they were infected? Probably not.

We all know that both punters and girls move around. Both MLs and WLs can see many customers in a day not knowing that one of them may be infected with covid19 without knowing it. Many MLs work at various shops and at various locations. Some WLs work in locations that are away from their homes in order not to be recognised by friends or other college students. They need to travel and use the public transport system or take UBER or cabs. It's no wonder that trying to track the actual source of any infections will be a difficult task if you consider the above.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I know someone (Team Leader) in the contact tracing team. Would be awkward trying to explain my whereabouts. Lol.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I know someone in the Contact Tracing team too...

Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast