Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    Nope, you can only get it from Chinese brothels.
    What about Chinese restaurants?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    What about Chinese restaurants?
    I thought if there is anyone with the virus eating in any restaurant and is in close proximity to you there is a potential risk.

A friend of mine mentioned how he heard a young Chinese girl in a restaurant boasting to her friends that she had been to the affected area and did not disclose to Australian authorities that she had been there. I wonder what her friends were thinking sitting next to her and having their food.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Pussyhands's Avatar
    Man I am back 2 punting already

2weeks for symptoms to show up

Goto ginza and empire cause they closed during the quarantine

To me that’s a safer bet

Senior Member(無間使者)
    They keep moving the goal post.
    First they said you can't catch the virus during the incubation period, now you can.
    They said the incubation period is up to 14 days, now it's up to 28 days.
    They said the virus can only be spread through the mucous membranes (eyes, mouth, nose) now they find out the virus can survive in faeces.
    They said the virus can't survive on surfaces now the virus can survive up to 9 days on surfaces. This may explain the spread of the virus on that cruise ship. The crew members with the virus may be spreading it through the food they prepare for the passengers in quarantine.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by dt333 View Post
    They keep moving the goal post.
    First they said you can't catch the virus during the incubation period, now you can.
    They said the incubation period is up to 14 days, now it's up to 28 days.
    They said the virus can only be spread through the mucous membranes (eyes, mouth, nose) now they find out the virus can survive in faeces.
    They said the virus can't survive on surfaces now the virus can survive up to 9 days on surfaces. This may explain the spread of the virus on that cruise ship. The crew members with the virus may be spreading it through the food they prepare for the passengers in quarantine.
    I think all the points you have highlighted are from China. So I don't know how accurate the news from China. I would just follow advices from Australian Health authorities. So far OZ advice is good we only have 15 cases as of today.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    There you go, Chinese restaurants also obviously deadly so there’s your alibi!
    That would mean we have to avoid buses and trains too. Lots of ppl coughing and standing no more than 10cm from each other.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    I think all the points you have highlighted are from China. So I don't know how accurate the news from China. I would just follow advices from Australian Health authorities. So far OZ advice is good we only have 15 cases as of today.
    Nah man, this is coming from the Australian Health Authorities. I think the Australian summer is helping out a bit in bringing the number of infected down. Australia's quarantine is helping out too.
    In China, it's winter over there. The flu viruses thrives in the winter where the temperature and humidity is low. Less sunlight in winter means people are generally low in Vitamin D - a hormone needed for a strong immune system. IMHO

Banned
    With all the fucking bullshit, misinformation, paranoia and batman stories floating about this article from the journal American medical association is as factual as you will get (for the time being).

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2761044

For the cunts who can’t be bothered reading it here’s a summary:
    - no specific treatment exists for coronavirus infection except for meticulous hospital/supportive care.
    - face masks are only beneficial for infected people ie to help reduce the further spread and transmission of the virus.
    - The use of hand sanitizers and antibacterial agents is ineffective.
    - evidence suggests the spread of the virus to humans occurred via wild animals illegally sold in the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market
    - The virus molecular makeup has similarities to bat coronaviruses
    - More likely to be contracted by groups of humans in close contact
    - Men are more vulnerable than women
    - Youngest infected patient was 22 with the average age was 56
    - More likely to affect older men with comorbidities ie with other existing medical conditions
    - Traces of Coronavirus was found in stool (shit)
    - The most common symptoms is fever, fatigue, dry cough, muscle pain, and breathing difficulties.
    - Less common symptoms include headache, dizziness, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.

With the cooler season/s just around the corner, unless they find a vaccine soon there’ll be plenty of confusion and false positives between the common cold/flu and Coronavirus.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)

Wink

I've heard it can be transmitted through beer too
    corona.jpg

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    [QUOTE=retrospect;1932462]
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGlove View Post
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2761044

- face masks are only beneficial for infected people ie to help reduce the further spread and transmission of the virus.
    - The use of hand sanitizers and antibacterial agents is ineffective.
    /QUOTE]

Where do you get these ideas? They are not mentioned in that article.

Surgical masks do help although they provide only slight reduction in risk for the wearer. Their biggest benefit is to reduce face touching. When worn by a whole community they have been shown to reduce the spread of the flu. P2/N95 masks do protect the wearer when worn correctly, but they are a pita to wear correctly and they stop working when they get damp from your breath.

Where do you get the idea that hand sanitisers and anti bacterial agents are ineffective? That article doesn't mention it that I can see. I would really like to know. Sanitizers should be effective. Antibiotics are ineffective but most contact antibacterial agents should also inactivate the virus.

Also, men are probably not more vulnerable but smokers are. There are more male smokers than female in China.
    Hand sanitizer only good if it have Alcohol in it. Look for hospital grade.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My local woolies was sold out of dettol hand sanitiser. It's just like baby formula people stocking up and selling to china.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I would have thought any new cases here would have been in the news by now. The reported mean incubation period is 3 days, and we haven't had any new cases in how long now? The longer we go without any new numbers, the safer it is right? It's almost 2 weeks since the ban, most of the incubating victims would have been diagnosed by now you'd think.

I think the greatest danger is getting it via Indonesia (which surprisingly has not reported even one case yet we are getting daily flights in and out) or other SEA countries like Thailand where they simply can't control it if it blows out.

At least China can quarantine their cities. If there was panic in Thailand for example, tourists would flee the country like flies off a turd (not calling any country a turd btw), potentially spreading it even faster.

My 2c. I hope it doesn't become reality. Happy to be proven wrong.

All 4 patients confirmed to have the virus in Australia have all been cured and discharged from hospitals.

Indonesia hasn’t had one reported case yet... but that doesn’t mean they’re immune, considering their system of quarantine and reporting.....
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Fair enough, all 4 from NSW have been discharged.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    I thought if there is anyone with the virus eating in any restaurant and is in close proximity to you there is a potential risk.

A friend of mine mentioned how he heard a young Chinese girl in a restaurant boasting to her friends that she had been to the affected area and did not disclose to Australian authorities that she had been there. I wonder what her friends were thinking sitting next to her and having their food.
    Bad apples like this girl has really tarnished the image of Chinese people.

I hate dishonesty, but boasting your dishonesty in public is on a whole new level...

First case confirmed in Africa !

Watch out world !

Junior Member(有D料到)
    According to https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    4/4 from both NSW and VIC have recovered. This is great news, now we just have to be more careful about those coming in.

Banned
    Coronavirus Cases: 67,193

Deaths: 1,527

Recovered: 8,600

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    First case confirmed in Africa !

Watch out world !
    wow. Africa...that's interesting. I though Ebola is stronger lol

Hopefully balls deep inside an Asian girl
    Looking at Ginza roster today- they no longer have that warning about coronavirus and showing your passport etc..... looks like my normal anonymous punting schedule at 478 can resume.

Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast