Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobobnu View Post
    wow. Africa...that's interesting. I though Ebola is stronger lol
    First case in France now. An elderly Chinese tourist died. It's spreading guys!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    soon 70,000 cases
    next month could be 100,000

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The problem with this virus is that you can't tell if the person has it as it is somehow transmissible even without symptoms. It's almost like Russian roulette.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I love how in HK and Singapore aside from toilet paper they have been hoarding condoms too... I guess when you stuck at home you gotta.. Do what you gotta do.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I'm glad there hasn't been an increase from teh 15 cases here in Australia. Hope that they will be able to keep it contained until the transmission rate comes back down and people recover from the illness.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Cambodia's president Hun Sen may have caught the caronavirus after greeting passengers docking from the Westerndam cruise ship. This was before knowing that one of the passenger had tested positive for the Caronavirus and may have infected others on that ship. Hope that brutal dictator dies from the Coronavirus, if anyone deserves it, it's Hun Sen.

Unfortunately, all those 1400+ passengers is now out and about in public and may have accelerated the global pandemic.

Prepare your immune system for battle gents.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by dt333 View Post
    Cambodia's president Hun Sen may have caught the caronavirus after greeting passengers docking from the Westerndam cruise ship. This was before knowing that one of the passenger had tested positive for the Caronavirus and may have infected others on that ship. Hope that brutal dictator dies from the Coronavirus, if anyone deserves it, it's Hun Sen.

Unfortunately, all those 1400+ passengers is now out and about in public and may have accelerated the global pandemic.

Prepare your immune system for battle gents.
    That would be quite ironical.
    He is the one who said: "Nothing to fear but panic itself'

Junior Member(有D料到)
    From what I can see through the stats, the infection numbers are flattening out, so hopefully the infection rate has peaked and we will go back to business as usual shortly

Chinatown was back to it's usual form last night. Not many people walking around with masks on. It feels great, I think people are over it.

The government should lift the travel ban soon.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Chinatown was back to it's usual form last night. Not many people walking around with masks on. It feels great, I think people are over it.

Hi Riff, on the news this morning it mentioned that a medical journal in the USA has just been released saying that about 40% of people are not being detected positive and that this is in all countries including Aust. Apparently this journal says that only a CT can definitely rule out being positive.

Junior Member(有D料到)

Should this be the opposite? Since the ban is working and we're not getting new cases meanwhile in China their numbers are still skyrocketing.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    Hi Riff, on the news this morning it mentioned that a medical journal in the USA has just been released saying that about 40% of people are not being detected positive and that this is in all countries including Aust. Apparently this journal says that only a CT can definitely rule out being positive.
    Actually a CT scan can only show the onset of pneumonia which can be caused by multiple different strains of virus including the coronavirus. But is currently being recommended by WHO as the fastest initial test for classification purposes.

To confirm if a person has ncovid-19 a blood culture test is needed but takes a few days for the results. Plus like you say some people do not present symptoms, that's why only a blood test can tell 100% if a person is infected.

I hope we are safe here in Sydney.

I'm always washing my hands whenever on public transport.

I just hope it's not too damaging to our economy.

But you're right, it's better to be safer because a pandemic would be worse for the economy for many years.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by hookerbanger View Post
    2% mortality rate, stronger dose of flu, just media hype scaremongering
    Yup, this everything has been blown out of proportion. Everything kills you these days...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Which is roughly 1000x the rate of normal flu. Pretty strong dosage...

Try explain all that to the people on board the Diamond Princess ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    Actually a CT scan can only show the onset of pneumonia which can be caused by multiple different strains of virus including the coronavirus. But is currently being recommended by WHO as the fastest initial test for classification purposes.

To confirm if a person has ncovid-19 a blood culture test is needed but takes a few days for the results. Plus like you say some people do not present symptoms, that's why only a blood test can tell 100% if a person is infected.
    Sorry I made a mistake. This was actually from the chief of infectious diseases in the UK

Banned
    I hope we are safe here in Sydney.

I'm always washing my hands whenever on public transport.

I just hope it's not too damaging to our economy.

But you're right, it's better to be safer because a pandemic would be worse for the economy for many years.

Our economy is in deep trouble but we are not told much. We are also taking a big hit with corona virus and the fires which haven't really sunk in yet money wise.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Our economy is in deep trouble but we are not told much. We are also taking a big hit with corona virus and the fires which haven't really sunk in yet money wise.
    Don't need to be told the economy is bad. Just look at the retail shops are closing and wages not increasing. Even without the bushfire and Covid-19 virus the economy is not doing well.

Yep, a possible recession on the way maybe?

I just read that HSBC is in big trouble with profits down 33% last year and they are looking to axe 35k jobs.

All the trouble in HK, plus the virus and the attack on Huawei. Things just don't add up.

Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast