Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1866

Thread: Coronavirus

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I would have gotten it happily at that price. It reduces the likelihood of contagion and reduces severity in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    Now this vaccine doesn't stop you from contracting covid nor does it stop you spreading the disease.
    In fact it does stop you contracting it and therefore spreading it. You should have written it doesn't "always" stop you getting it. Thus, the vaccines limits the spread. HELLO! EVERYONE OUT THERE READING THIS you can now lay that fact to bed in your mind.

The only benefit being a reduction in the severity of the illness.
    What **** out there would prefer getting severe disease to mild disease. Tell me. You?

Also have the honesty to either address the demolition I made of your lifestyle diseases comparison, or concede it. Conceding by omission isn't good enough for me, I like to grind faces into the dirt.

Apologies for my rough treatment but lives are at stake here.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The Omicron variant was brought into the country by the vaccinated. The record number of infections of the virus over the past few days has been spread by the vaccinated. FFS! One dickhead who caught the virus at a party cruise on Sydney Harbour went and infected a few hundred vaccinated people at a Gig in Newcastle.
    Let's say for arguments sake that the vaccine was not pushed through coercion or dangling rewards in front of the masses. It didn't matter if you got vaccinated or not. It was totally your choice without effecting any part of your life. Now this vaccine doesn't stop you from contracting covid nor does it stop you spreading the disease. The only benefit being a reduction in the severity of the illness. Add to that that each injection would not be free of charge, let's say $100 a pop. Tell me the truth, how many people would've got vaccinated?
    BTW Az is only about $5 a pop

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Most people would vacvinate if possibility dying is the alternative oh wait most people want to die yeah thats it. $100 oh not paying that think ill just die😕

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    The Omicron variant was brought into the country by the vaccinated. The record number of infections of the virus over the past few days has been spread by the vaccinated. FFS! One dickhead who caught the virus at a party cruise on Sydney Harbour went and infected a few hundred vaccinated people at a Gig in Newcastle.
    Let's say for arguments sake that the vaccine was not pushed through coercion or dangling rewards in front of the masses. It didn't matter if you got vaccinated or not. It was totally your choice without effecting any part of your life. Now this vaccine doesn't stop you from contracting covid nor does it stop you spreading the disease. The only benefit being a reduction in the severity of the illness. Add to that that each injection would not be free of charge, let's say $100 a pop. Tell me the truth, how many people would've got vaccinated?
    Couldn't agree more!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    We are all, or should I say most of us that pay taxes already paying for the vax through not only tax but the medicare levy as well. So as your already paying for it you might as well have it.

The government doesn't give anything away for free and they're not spending their own money they're spending the taxpayers money.

I for one would prefer mild symptoms to being in ICU with a tube down my throat and a catheter in my dick.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    We are all, or should I say most of us that pay taxes already paying for the vax through not only tax but the medicare levy as well. So as your already paying for it you might as well have it.

The government doesn't give anything away for free and they're not spending their own money they're spending the taxpayers money.

I for one would prefer mild symptoms to being in ICU with a tube down my throat and a catheter in my dick.
    They are spending borrowed money

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    In fact it does stop you contracting it and therefore spreading it. You should have written it doesn't "always" stop you getting it. Thus, the vaccines limits the spread. HELLO! EVERYONE OUT THERE READING THIS you can now lay that fact to bed in your mind.

What **** out there would prefer getting severe disease to mild disease. Tell me. You?

Also have the honesty to either address the demolition I made of your lifestyle diseases comparison, or concede it. Conceding by omission isn't good enough for me, I like to grind faces into the dirt.

Apologies for my rough treatment but lives are at stake here.
    Your apology is accepted.
    I would also like to concede and apologise.

I concede that I'm not at your level of intellect nor am I able to comprehend the data presented to the public on the spread of Covid over the past few days.

I also would like to apologise for having a dig at all the smokers, over drinkers and fast food addicts. Your 100% right. You being over weight didn't happen overnight. It took years of dedicated eating the wrong foods to develop that pot belly. And besides the fact that cigarette packets have health warnings emblazoned on them such as "SMOKING CAUSES CANCER", you have as much right as anyone else to a free medical assistance if needed. Which really isn't free as you pay a Medicare levy.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by One23Four View Post
    Like most Australian, the Commonwealth Government also lives on credit. However, unlike an individual who will be bankrupted by the bank or creditor if he/she can’t repay, the Commonwealth has unlimited credit which it can use by printing money similar to its US and European counterparts. It is always good to use borrowed monies if you can keep borrowing without ramifications, nobody cares about sovereign borrowing by western countries anymore as they are all “perceived to be trustworthy”.
    The more they borrow the more tax we pay and loss of services for citizens

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One23Four View Post
    Like most Australian, the Commonwealth Government also lives on credit. However, unlike an individual who will be bankrupted by the bank or creditor if he/she can’t repay, the Commonwealth has unlimited credit which it can use by printing money similar to its US and European counterparts. It is always good to use borrowed monies if you can keep borrowing without ramifications, nobody cares about sovereign borrowing by western countries anymore as they are all “perceived to be trustworthy”.
    Actually, the Gov cannot print money. That function is for the RBA. It's the same in the US, it's the Fed Reserve there. Theee Central Banks increase currency supply by buying bonds, and decrease it when they sell bonds. They have the power to control what is ultimately, the value of the currency. If the supply of AUD is too high, the currency value will drop.

See, you defo wouldn't want the actual sitting government to have this power, especially in a democratic system like ours. They are in power only for less than a decade at a time. The economy has to continue indefinitely.

But you're right, the Gov borrows heavily for the budget.

I reckon the NSW Gov are making a big gamble to open everything up. Starting last Thursday they've scrapped every restriction imposed for the pandemic.

DP is a new premier with only less than 2 years left before election time. I'm pretty sure that is a major factor influencing his decision making.

Don't get me wrong, I personally love the new freedoms. Come on, no need to scan in or show Vax cert, no need to wear a stifling mask? Who wouldn't like that?

But take a step back and take a good look at the situation. Omicron variant is only just getting started. We do not even know how dominant it is in the pandemic, and we do not know how lethal it is. We simply do not know anything about it yet.

Harping on about the low hospitalisation rates doesn't make any sense either. People don't just get infected with the virus and go straight into hospital or ICU. They get sicker and sicker, and then they need the extra care. How long has Omicron been around? No more than a week, I'd say. That's not nearly enough time to know how bad it is.

I guess a good analogy is going for a swim at the beach. You've been planning to do it for weeks, today's the day. Then a shark alert is raised, the beach is closed, tough luck. Do you still go for a swim?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Go and get your booster shot if you are eligible. Wear mask like before. Don't go punting if you can. Don't go party and big crowds places. Then you can always move to WA and QLD but the punting seems are not cheap and good as Sydney. Live is on your hands.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I dunno guys. My theory is that we've always had these high case numbers, and it's only now come to light because it's the festive season and people who were reluctant to get tested are now forced to get tested because it is a requirement to have a negative test to travel interstate.
    I dunno if it's good or bad news If it's true, TBH. Good because the high numbers are not due a new factor in the mix like the omicron variant? Or bad because all that time we thought we had low numbers was an illusion and the Gov is making a grave mistake relaxing restrictions based on that illusion?
    It's the vaxxed who are spreading the virus. if we lockdown the vaxxed wouldn't the virus go away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Go and get your booster shot if you are eligible. Wear mask like before. Don't go punting if you can. Don't go party and big crowds places. Then you can always move to WA and QLD but the punting seems are not cheap and good as Sydney. Live is on your hands.
    Just lock up the vaxxed. The virus will automatically go away. The unvaccinated were still under lockdown until 15th December so it's the vaxxed who's been the spreading the virus.

Banned
    The most vaccinated countries in the world has the most covid cases. The vaccine is a complete failure Gibraltar with a vaccination rate of 118%. surging with covid case.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/gibraltar-...163444274.html

Banned
    We know now as why migrants and refugees don't need to get vaccinated. It's because the vaccine companies like pfizer and moderna are worry about getting sue. Since the vaccine are very effective and extremely safe. But if you're a citizen then it's OK you can't sue them because you're already a slave. You're expendable if you die or have vaccine damage they don't care.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/refuge...ts-2021-12-16/

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I reckon the NSW Gov are making a big gamble to open everything up. Starting last Thursday they've scrapped every restriction imposed for the pandemic.

DP is a new premier with only less than 2 years left before election time. I'm pretty sure that is a major factor influencing his decision making.

Don't get me wrong, I personally love the new freedoms. Come on, no need to scan in or show Vax cert, no need to wear a stifling mask? Who wouldn't like that?

But take a step back and take a good look at the situation. Omicron variant is only just getting started. We do not even know how dominant it is in the pandemic, and we do not know how lethal it is. We simply do not know anything about it yet.

Harping on about the low hospitalisation rates doesn't make any sense either. People don't just get infected with the virus and go straight into hospital or ICU. They get sicker and sicker, and then they need the extra care. How long has Omicron been around? No more than a week, I'd say. That's not nearly enough time to know how bad it is.

I guess a good analogy is going for a swim at the beach. You've been planning to do it for weeks, today's the day. Then a shark alert is raised, the beach is closed, tough luck. Do you still go for a swim?
    I think what they are doing is ok.

They've put the onus back on individuals.

So u can look after your own safety and judge the risk. Some ppl might still try and jump in if there is a shark attack just like when there are monstrous waves and ppl still surf.

As long as there are enough projected hospital beds then let it rip.

When the projected hospital beds get to critical, then start the lockdown again

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    So a couple of rabid anti-vaxxers in our midst quoting selective data that suits their ends.

DP announced today - 26 of 33 in ICU are unvaccinated. Considering as quoted that they have been locked up, wouldn’t this fact indicate how vulnerable to contagion the unvaccinated are?

Quote Originally Posted by goodbloke View Post
    It's the vaxxed who are spreading the virus. if we lockdown the vaxxed wouldn't the virus go away.
    I don't mind more lockdowns TBH.
    And I don't really care about vaxxed vs unvaxxed debate anymore. Most of the population is already vaxxed, case closed.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I don't mind more lockdowns TBH.
    And I don't really care about vaxxed vs unvaxxed debate anymore. Most of the population is already vaxxed, case closed.
    Yeah. Coronavirus is so 2021

Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast