Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1866

Thread: Coronavirus

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Both lost the plot and give up. That's the song Freedom! Freedom!. Interesting to see how WA going to be the next weeks with their Gestapo border lockdown.
    Can't blame them for not wanting to mix it up with us. They've either been very lucky or very good at keeping their numbers down. They also stand to gain very little from opening up borders because their tourism/hospitality industries are extremely small compared their main earner which is mining.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    Hahahah....the "SHART"
    Lol, that's the worst. Second worst is the vurp.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    45K cases in NSW overnight, Victoria has a massive jump from 21K yesterday and now overtaken NSW with 51K.

I think the government has either lost the plot or given up ?
    It is people that spread the virus, not the government. The government can't legislate against stupidity.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    45K cases in NSW overnight, Victoria has a massive jump from 21K yesterday and now overtaken NSW with 51K.

Lots of quotes about governments ect, so if ypu are in government, what would your programme to tackling the current situation be? Everybody says oh government this government that. But when pushed to say what they would like to see they dont know. Offer your solution, you will find that not eveyone will agree, put it out there let us see your solution to navigate the crisis.
    Last edited by Budgyboy; 08-01-2022 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Budgyboy View Post
    Lots of quotes about governments ect, so if ypu are in government, what would your programme to tackling the current situation be? Everybody says oh government this government that. But when pushed to say what they would like to see they dont know. Offer your solution, you will find that not eveyone will agree, put it out there let us see your solution to navigate the crisis.
    Well for one thing, they could’ve lifted lockdown without doing away with the other precautions like social distancing, mask wearing, contact tracing.

I don’t know about you, but I would’ve been happy just to have everything opened. Those precautions were merely annoying, I could live with them and would’ve welcomed them if it meant we could really effectively “live with Covid” and not have to go back to lockdown because we could better manage the situation.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    It is people that spread the virus, not the government. The government can't legislate against stupidity.
    It's a highly contagious respiratory virus and as primates we tend to be social animals, put the 2 together and this is what happens independent of the govt or the 'stupidity' of people who end up getting the virus.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    But government can legislate to control stupid people. That's why we have laws and regulations to control stupid people.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    But government can legislate to control stupid people. That's why we have laws and regulations to control stupid people.
    And that is why the gaols are overflowing. The world is full of stupid people. As I said, you can't legislate against stupidity.

Senior Member(無間使者)

The Vic jump was because they opened the portal to register positive RATs. At least half those number were RATs over the past week.

So real number is probably closer to 25-30K

Even if you barricaded everyone in their homes your not going to stop the spread now.

Omri is relatively more mild and anyone with half a brain is double or triple vacced.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    The real figure in NSW is probably 150,000 to 200,000 new cases daily.
    Nobody knows for sure. But clearly a lot of cases are not showing up in the official stats.
    A lot of people are not gonna line up for 5 hours to get tested.
    Home testing kits don’t show up in the stats at all in NSW.
    Even if you create an app like in Victoria most people won’t bother to upload their results.
    And anyway there are no kits left in the shops to buy anyway
    Then there are people who won’t bother getting tested because they only have mild symptoms.
    And then there are people who won’t get tested because a positive result will mean they have to quarantine and can’t work, travel etc.
    So hundreds of thousands of covid positive people are not showing up in the official stats.
    With such high daily figures most of the population is gonna get covid now.
    Unless you lock yourself in your home and don’t allow any visitors you are most likely gonna get it.
    Best thing you can do is get vaxed and get the booster and hopefully you will only have mild symptoms, which is the case with the vast majority of vaxed people.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The real figure in NSW is probably 150,000 to 200,000 new cases daily.
    Nobody knows for sure. But clearly a lot of cases are not showing up in the official stats.
    A lot of people are not gonna line up for 5 hours to get tested.
    Home testing kits don’t show up in the stats at all in NSW.
    Even if you create an app like in Victoria most people won’t bother to upload their results.
    And anyway there are no kits left in the shops to buy anyway
    Then there are people who won’t bother getting tested because they only have mild symptoms.
    And then there are people who won’t get tested because a positive result will mean they have to quarantine and can’t work, travel etc.
    So hundreds of thousands of covid positive people are not showing up in the official stats.
    With such high daily figures most of the population is gonna get covid now.
    Unless you lock yourself in your home and don’t allow any visitors you are most likely gonna get it.
    Best thing you can do is get vaxed and get the booster and hopefully you will only have mild symptoms, which is the case with the vast majority of vaxed people.
    That was the plan all along. Get the majority vaxxed and let it rip. Duminic just did it a tad to early.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That was the plan all along. Get the majority vaxxed and let it rip. Duminic just did it a tad to early.
    Domicron completely ignored what was happening overseas and leaned into the latest outbreak just as it was taking off, the dumbass. They could've opened up and left some restrictions in place, but let it RIP instead.
    He and the other right wing nut jobs are all about "the economy", not saving people's lives, but didn't stop to think that ill/dead/worried people don't go out much, including to work.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Wow! Duminic and Domicron that a good one. Yap he never like the lockdown remember he want to reduce CMO pay for locking down northern beaches Dec 2020.

Since we’re playing with names, looks like Novaxx Djokovic had a positive test result on 16 December, 6 days after the deadline for vaccination status submission to compete in the AO.
    People are understandably asking if he “planned” to get Covid to bypass the vaccine requirements. Maybe he attended a “Covid party”, it’s the latest thing in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Since we’re playing with names, looks like Novaxx Djokovic had a positive test result on 16 December, 6 days after the deadline for vaccination status submission to compete in the AO.
    People are understandably asking if he “planned” to get Covid to bypass the vaccine requirements. Maybe he attended a “Covid party”, it’s the latest thing in Europe.
    All of Sydney is a "covid party" now. Just walk to the shopping centre and you will get infected, then take a week off work, rest, chill out, drink iced tea, and it's over and done with, then get on with your life without any stress ... until the next mutation comes along I like the sound of Kappa for the next one.

All of Sydney is a "covid party" now. Just walk to the shopping centre and you will get infected, take a week off work, rest, chill out, drink iced tea, and it's over and done with. It's as good as a booster
    No joke. I also found there’s a bug in the NSW service app. At around 4:30pm yesterday, I visited 2 shops within a period of 15 minutes. I got Covid alerts pop up for both shops at 4:43pm, even the shop I was still in at the time! How’s that even possible?
    A positive case went to the same shop as I did while infected?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    No joke. I also found there’s a bug in the NSW service app. At around 4:30pm yesterday, I visited 2 shops within a period of 15 minutes. I got Covid alerts pop up for both shops at 4:43pm, even the shop I was still in at the time! How’s that even possible?
    A positive case went to the same shop as I did while infected?
    It's everywhere now bro. The real figures are maybe 4 or 5 times more than the official statistics.
    Up until mid December I only knew one person who had covid among my circle of family, friends, work mates, acquaintances etc.
    Now I know of at least 10 people who have had it or have it, but they are not close contacts.
    Maybe I have already had it myself? I don't know. I have had three jabs and am pretty healthy, so maybe I had it already with no symptoms or really mild symptoms and just thought it was a hangover.
    Get yourself jabbed ASAP, and follow all the rules, just out of respect for yourself and others, but don't stress over it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    According to the app every place I've visited in the last 2 weeks has a covid alert
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

It's everywhere now bro. The real figures are maybe 4 or 5 times more than the official statistics.
    Up until mid December I only knew one person who had covid among my circle of family, friends, work mates, acquaintances etc.
    Now I know of at least 10 people who have had it or have it, but they are not close contacts.
    Maybe I have already had it myself? I don't know. I have had three jabs and am pretty healthy, so maybe I had it already with no symptoms or really mild symptoms and just thought it was a hangover.
    Get yourself jabbed ASAP, and follow all the rules, just out of respect for yourself and others, but don't stress over it.
    That’s what I’m doing now. Not going to deprive myself of much freedom. Having said that, I’m still waiting to get my booster. Mid Jan for me.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Wow! Duminic and Domicron that a good one. Yap he never like the lockdown remember he want to reduce CMO pay for locking down northern beaches Dec 2020.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TuckerFre...28685800329222

Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast