Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I hope that Italy gets it under control soon. Already bad enough with people fearing Chinese due to the virus. Don't need to add another race to it.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by toilet33 View Post
    I hope that Italy gets it under control soon. Already bad enough with people fearing Chinese due to the virus. Don't need to add another race to it.
    I think Koreans are starting to face international restrictions now as well

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    A further comment from that piece of Singapore news stated that the survival rate of the virus is 98% so far, but the survival rate of the marriages after this incident is 2%.
    I was asking friends in Singapore and this news isn't on any of the official channels. Just circulated via social media. No one can validate the info is even true. So probably should take with a pinch of salt.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by toilet33 View Post
    Well at least for those ppl who are saying that this virus only infects Asians... They can learn some truths about viruses

Senior Member(無間使者)
    According to the news, this virus is gaining momentum and becoming more widespread. This is really serious.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    Well at least for those ppl who are saying that this virus only infects Asians... They can learn some truths about viruses
    Because some people are stupid. Just like virus in computer have no border infect if not careful.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The researcher for the testing of coronavirus here in AU has already advised that we should stock up on some non-perishables like pasta, cereal, muesli, etc. Worth getting some (leave some for others) and if we do get through relatively uninfected, the food won't go to waste.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-live-updates/

Its slowing down in China, but the rest of the world might get a lot worse now. Japan just shut its schools down til April. Korea and Italy getting A LOT of cases daily, lets hope it doesn't spread much further from there. We're lucky its not spreading much here, and I hate to say this but honestly I think we should probably start looking at restrictions for Koreans/Italians for a few weeks

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah attacking the stock market and the global economy.
    Probably have to start working from home soon.

Best to move super into the safe zone, less volatile but also less returns.

I'm still seeing people walking around Chinatown.

I was there yesterday and it wasn't too bad, not as busy as usual but not empty as well.

There's so many pretty Thai girls working in pubs and VIP lounges.

So many rich young Chinese parking their Lamborghini near the Destiny Karaoke club.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

It’s not all doom and gloom though, the News graphics that I have been following just changed its profiles to also including the numbers on recovery and it’s quite promising:

The most important data: Australia 23 cases, 15 recovered , no death !

And New Zealand - Still all cleared ! good on them !!

Vietnam, 16 cases All recovered ! Same with India , 3 out of 3.

Then there are the more seriously affected countries/regions:

Hong Kong: 92 cases, 18 recovered, 2 deaths.

Singapore: 96 cases - 66 recovered

Japan: 207 cases - 32 recovered, 4 deaths - excluding the Diamond Princess.

South Korea: 1,766 cases, 24 recovered, 13 deaths

Just wondering why the Australian government has Not yet imposed a travel ban from Japan and S Korea ??

And finally, how trustworthy is this next set of figures ?

Hubei: 65,596 cases, 23,383 recovered, 2,641 deaths !

For the rest of the world, these are the two real and present danger areas:

Italy: 528 cases, 42 recovered, 14 deaths

Iran: 245 cases, 54 recovered, 26 deaths !!

Lord have mercy on us all.

Banned
    Weren't there many Chinese tourists in Indonesia? This is one country where many Aussies travel to for a holiday. Any statistics for Indonesia?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Many of countries do not have enough resource or test kits, or simply not even bother to test. Their philosophy is no fever, no sympton, no problem. Include USA

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Weren't there many Chinese tourists in Indonesia? This is one country where many Aussies travel to for a holiday. Any statistics for Indonesia?
    No infection. From what I know. Maybe their water are better. Maybe not tell/reporting but then many Australian still travel to Bali have not infection reported after coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiankou View Post
    Many of countries do not have enough resource or test kits, or simply not even bother to test. Their philosophy is no fever, no sympton, no problem. Include USA
    Yeap, just heard the news the latest case in California, the woman was only just tested but has been having symptoms for a while ? The reason why she hasn’t been tested earlier was that she hadn’t recently travelled to China and hadn’t been in close contact with any high risk group .

But the more alarming side show of this news was that the hospital or the city ? Only have about 200 test kits for the virus !! They are Not equipped to deal with any level of out break if ever! Let’s hope they are lucky !

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Effindahead View Post
    My superannuation went down $1k in couple of days..dammnnnn this virus also attacking your super.
    Only $1k!!! You either have bugger all super, most of your super in cash or you're the world's luckiest bastard. Mine's down $17k and counting

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Yes - I doubt very much that claim is correct. There's been lots of cases in the media the virus has been contracted where contact wasn't direct with a known carrier. Think about the Princess Ship in Yokohama - for two weeks all passengers wore masks, the ship was cleaned (reasonably well!) and there was very little mixing of passengers - but still the virus spread to hundreds of passengers. This indicates that the virus stays alive out of the body for quite a while - so on a hand rail, table, elevator button, etc. until the next person touches that surface and then touches their mouth or nose... That's almost certainly how this particular virus is spreading so quickly...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I saw this theory come up today, any truth in this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLl...Kb2gNVYfZe7l-A

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfway View Post
    I saw this theory come up today, any truth in this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLl...Kb2gNVYfZe7l-A
    I would give her $50 for a BBBJ/CIM just to shut her fucking mouth.

1800 Chinatown looks alive again.IMG_20200228_180141.jpg

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast