Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1866

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by syd_azn_guy View Post
    Least of your concern is an Asian from overseas as their government processes and procedures are strict and people are compliant in contrast to white Aussies that protest against vaccination and the many of non compliant local citizens, on top of that the numerous amount of disobedience shown to disregard public health orders and getting arrested by police.
    Look at Hong Kong, virtually zero local transmission in months and still in closed border with China and Macau !

Can you imagine if they got like a 100 cases a day.

Most of the world are now actually living with Covid, (including Australia) just see who can manage it better with the least human cost ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Wonder what would have happened if the Australian cricket captain Pat Cummins had been seated near someone who tested COVID positive but in a Sydney restaurant rather than one in Adelaide.

Would he have been compelled to isolate and miss a test match in NSW. Not sure what our rules are now but can imagine once people stop having to do QR check ins there will be many cases of people being exposed to COVID and no way of identifying close contacts.

Not that I want to be checking in where ever I go. I’m vaccinated and accept that COVID is something we are going to have to live with. Life is too short to have to spend a chunk of it locked down or in isolation.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Federal Government and NSW Government have taken a let covid rip, and lets all be positive and optimistic approach now.
    They want businesses open, people working and consuming, borders open, tourists, students and cheap labour coming in, no more government payments etc
    They are relying on high vaccination rates to avoid a high death rate, and high ICU rate, which is fair enough, but the problem with that is 2 jabs are not effective against Omicron, 5 months is too long to wait for the 3rd jab, and it is almost impossible to find a clinic that has supplies for booster jabs anyway.
    Lets see how we go. Hopefully its a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.
    We all wish for that.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryPunter View Post
    Not that I want to be checking in where ever I go. I’m vaccinated and accept that COVID is something we are going to have to live with. Life is too short to have to spend a chunk of it locked down or in isolation.
    Still makes no sense to remove mask mandates everywhere. ie even medical centers. Saw 5/7 not wearing one in a Parra waiting room yesterday.
    Thats where old, immune compromised, disabled sickly people have to go and are most likely to get seriously ill or die, Vaccinated or not.
    Where is the economic cost there? quite the opposite actually.
    And i know they can wear one...but i hope by now people know masks protect others, not you (unless n95)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by xcite View Post
    Still makes no sense to remove mask mandates everywhere. ie even medical centers. Saw 5/7 not wearing one in a Parra waiting room yesterday.
    Thats where old, immune compromised, disabled sickly people have to go and are most likely to get seriously ill or die, Vaccinated or not.
    Where is the economic cost there? quite the opposite actually.
    And i know they can wear one...but i hope by now people know masks protect others, not you (unless n95)
    Yeah.... the mask must be On... just to make sure the livelihoods are not impacted!!!! No way to go back to square one on restrictions...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Masks are still mandatory on public transport. On my train, during peak hour on Thursday evening, roughly half the people on my carriage were not wearing masks. For shame.

Wear a mask. Wash you hands. Cough into your mask/elbow. Get your booster shot. Don't be a selfish prick.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Look at Hong Kong, virtually zero local transmission in months and still in closed border with China and Macau !
    The reason why they have no community transmission is because they don't have open borders and very strict quarantine procedures. They have to wear masks even outdoors and also have a check in system.
    Have you seen their purpose built quarantine camps?
    They enforce up to 3 weeks quarantine. If you get caught as a close contact at a facility, you get bussed away to quarantine. There was a person leaving HK that tested positive a week after arriving at their destination country. Everyone that was a close contact the week before he left was taken to quarantine. Imagine the uproar if that happened here.

The NSW Government has relaxed restrictions too fast. Sure, allow most things to open up and operate as normal but QR code check in and masks should have stayed imo. Allowing music festivals shouldnt have happened. Would not be surprised if EPIK last weekend is a superspreader event.

Quote Originally Posted by wachumba View Post

The NSW Government has relaxed restrictions too fast. Sure, allow most things to open up and operate as normal but QR code check in and masks should have stayed imo. Allowing music festivals shouldnt have happened. Would not be surprised if EPIK last weekend is a superspreader event.
    I agree. And NSW really should look at Queensland for a change. They are still keeping the borders open and business running. But Anatasia is mandating masks again and un vaxed people are not allowed to enter restaurants and bars and clubs.

It will be too late to tighten the rules by the time we hit 5,000 or 10,000 !!

I wonder what would Gladys have done differently when we first hit 500 on 10 Dec ??

15 Dec freedom for all was something we couldn’t have afforded .

Just saying it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I agree. And NSW really should look at Queensland for a change. They are still keeping the borders open and business running. But Anatasia is mandating masks again and un vaxed people are not allowed to enter restaurants and bars and clubs.

It will be too late to tighten the rules by the time we hit 5,000 or 10,000 !!

I wonder what would Gladys have done differently when we first hit 500 on 10 Dec ??

15 Dec freedom for all was something we couldn’t have afforded .

Just saying it.
    Gladys was going to open up on December 1st

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I dunno guys. My theory is that we've always had these high case numbers, and it's only now come to light because it's the festive season and people who were reluctant to get tested are now forced to get tested because it is a requirement to have a negative test to travel interstate.
    I dunno if it's good or bad news If it's true, TBH. Good because the high numbers are not due a new factor in the mix like the omicron variant? Or bad because all that time we thought we had low numbers was an illusion and the Gov is making a grave mistake relaxing restrictions based on that illusion?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I dunno guys. My theory is that we've always had these high case numbers, and it's only now come to light because it's the festive season and people who were reluctant to get tested are now forced to get tested because it is a requirement to have a negative test to travel interstate.
    I dunno if it's good or bad news If it's true, TBH. Good because the high numbers are not due a new factor in the mix like the omicron variant? Or bad because all that time we thought we had low numbers was an illusion and the Gov is making a grave mistake relaxing restrictions based on that illusion?
    The best thing is that the hospital cases haven't increased much so far

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The best thing is that the hospital cases haven't increased much so far
    Yes that's a comforting stat. There has been a slight pick up but nowhere near the increase in actual cases. Let's hope it stays this way!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Gov is making a grave mistake relaxing restrictions
    You may not have meant that literally but it is still literally true!

Even at 95% vaxxed in Australia that leaves a substantial standing army of 400,000 unvaxed dopes.

As everyone is going to get it, say 2% of them are hospitalised as urgent cases. That's 8000 ****'s taking away hospital beds from people who are not making a deliberate choice to be ill. Costing other people their lives. What is your advice about the treatment we as a society should offer them in return?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    You may not have meant that literally but it is still literally true!

Even at 95% vaxxed in Australia that leaves a substantial standing army of 400,000 unvaxed dopes.

As everyone is going to get it, say 2% of them are hospitalised as urgent cases. That's 8000 ****'s taking away hospital beds from people who are not making a deliberate choice to be ill. Costing other people their lives. What is your advice about the treatment we as a society should offer them in return?
    Like in Singapore unvax have to pay for their medical treatments in hospital and they made into law

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Massive traffic jam of cars today, maybe 1 km long waiting outside the testing station near my place

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamit View Post
    Massive traffic jam of cars today, maybe 1 km long waiting outside the testing station near my place
    Same as mine.

Last week we got straight in only 1 other car

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Like in Singapore unvax have to pay for their medical treatments in hospital and they made into law
    Wise way of dealing with the situation. And they could extend it to all of the overweight people, smokers and people who predominantly eat junk as well as the people who are big drinkers. Can you imagine the savings the Govt would make each time these people had to pay for any heart related illness treatments. Or had to pay for their own treatment for cancer. Better still let's put this same condition on motorcyclists who are more likely to end up in hospital as a result of a collision. And while we're at it they can extend it to all punters to pay for their own treatments or to be tested as a result of contracting any STDs.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    Wise way of dealing with the situation. And they could extend it to all of the overweight people, smokers and people who predominantly eat junk as well as the people who are big drinkers. Can you imagine the savings the Govt would make each time these people had to pay for any heart related illness treatments. Or had to pay for their own treatment for cancer. Better still let's put this same condition on motorcyclists who are more likely to end up in hospital as a result of a collision. And while we're at it they can extend it to all punters to pay for their own treatments or to be tested as a result of contracting any STDs.
    Wise words bro @charlieM. I am sure I for one would be happy if government stopped collecting Medicare levy and forcing me to get medical insurance which I have had no use for in past 25 odd years. Causing panic is unhelpful. Food for thought, omnivore came in when only fully jabbed were allowed back to go looney…. This makes me think that we the jabbed are problematic and spreaders of new form of cold and flu.

It's absurd to compare lifestyle habits that took months and years to develop and would take months and years to break with relapse after relapse - with two minutes to get a vaccine.
    "Wise words" yeah..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    It's absurd to compare lifestyle habits that took months and years to develop and would take months and years to break with relapse after relapse - with two minutes to get a vaccine.
    "Wise words" yeah..
    The Omicron variant was brought into the country by the vaccinated. The record number of infections of the virus over the past few days has been spread by the vaccinated. FFS! One dickhead who caught the virus at a party cruise on Sydney Harbour went and infected a few hundred vaccinated people at a Gig in Newcastle.
    Let's say for arguments sake that the vaccine was not pushed through coercion or dangling rewards in front of the masses. It didn't matter if you got vaccinated or not. It was totally your choice without effecting any part of your life. Now this vaccine doesn't stop you from contracting covid nor does it stop you spreading the disease. The only benefit being a reduction in the severity of the illness. Add to that that each injection would not be free of charge, let's say $100 a pop. Tell me the truth, how many people would've got vaccinated?

Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast