Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by eveeveeve View Post
    "Chinese sex workers in New Zealand
    are claiming to be Korean, Japanese, or simply “Asian” in their online advertisements as clients give them a wide berth amid fears over the coronavirus outbreak"

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/austr...and-suffer-dip
    Yep.

I called it in another thread (Ginza / 479).

As much as I might have a go at my own race for stuff they do which pisses me off, its not fair to lump everyone together. You can imagine how much bullshit is going on atm especially in schools.

Show some confidence in C girls and punt. You might get the service of your lifetime right now lol.

I might give SV a visit this Thurs if I have time.

The latest figures:

28,018 confirmed cases and 563 dead’s in China

Lord have mercy !

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    The latest figures:

Lord have mercy !
    Looks like the mortality rate is coming down.

That's 2.01%, I think it was 2.07% before.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    The latest figures:

Lord have mercy !
    Chill out dude. You’re playing into the media’s hands in trying to convince people it’s the end of the world. Have a look at the below URL on the CDC website estimating flu related deaths in 2018 and 2019.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Flu related deaths estimated at around 30-60 thousand. Compared to the mortality rate of the novel Coronavirus which is still in the 3 digit number and only causes death to those who are either elderly or in some way immune compromised (e.g infants, cancer patients, HIV patients etc.) there is really nothing to panic over. Heck I reckon if I got it and with proper quarantine and care I’d get over it just like the common flu.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by retrospect View Post
    *If you switched off this feature because you are a normal person who doesn't feel comfortable with strangers watching everything they do.

There, fixed that for you.
    I am surprised not many people are doing this. Easy just switch off for a while before going punting. So no traces whatsoever.

I have deleted location history from google before. Heck you can delete your entire data from google if you wish. Hard to keep up though, coz alot of things are set to on as default

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Auckland punter scene is going to take off! Will be good news for everyone once this coronavirus phase is over... Hopefully it's sooner rather than later

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    This is not like the flu. Your information is wrong. Viral pnumonia requiring oxygen is a common feature of this disease. This is the case for healthy adults also. Secondary infection is also common. The Coronavirus produces a very large amount of virus in the blood and seems to suppress white cell production - nothing like the flu.

It is also very infectious and while it does kill more elderly it still makes adults gravely ill sometimes leading to death.

If you want to compare to the flu, take your flu deaths and multiply by 20 as it is about 20 times as deadly. The flu infects 15 to 30% of the population in a bad year. This virus is about twice as infectious, maybe more so. So take the number you got above and double it. Then assume that the number hospitalised for treatment and recover is is about ten times that. It takes up to a month to recover for a serious case.

So 40k flu deaths x20x2 = 160k deaths in the USA. And 1.6 million hospitalised. I'm sure they have enough beds and oxygen masks.

Of course no one knows how things will go but the situation is serious. We do not have the capacity to treat hundreds of thousands of cases. The world will not end. But your suggestion that is is no worse than the flu is wrong and a foolish way to think. Just because it is in China affecting Chinese doesn't mean it isn't real. Hyundai has just shut down all of its factories in Korea. Vw, Toyota, gm, and Apple have shut down their Chinese factories. Even if some miracle stops it spreading today, it will affect you.

Good news is punting doesn't put you at any greater risk than shopping or eating out or using a public toilet or going to the cinema...
    Ok so check out flu symptoms from the CDC (a reputable source of information)

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm

One of the excerpts mentions that some complications may occur such as pneumonia. This is for the common flu.

Now also the excerpt for Coronavirus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.../symptoms.html

Now I’m not saying the novel Coronavirus won’t cause pneumonia. I’m just saying so does the flu which again kills 30-60 thousand people on average per year in the US. In fact a specific strain of the Coronavirus (not the novel Coronavirus) is one of the viruses that causes the common flu.

As I said people should check on reputable sources of information like the department of health, CDC etc and not pander to media hype.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Ok so check out flu symptoms from the CDC (a reputable source of information)

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm

One of the excerpts mentions that some complications may occur such as pneumonia. This is for the common flu.

Now also the excerpt for Coronavirus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019.../symptoms.html

Now I’m not saying the novel Coronavirus won’t cause pneumonia. I’m just saying so does the flu which again kills 30-60 thousand people on average per year in the US. In fact a specific strain of the Coronavirus (not the novel Coronavirus) is one of the viruses that causes the common flu.

As I said people should check on reputable sources of information like the department of health, CDC etc and not pander to media hype.
    Reading this comment, there is no hope for humanity!
    If Coronavirus won't kill human, I think their giant ego which yells out "I am smarter than everyone else" will surely be the doom of us all.

You should definitely go to Wuhan yourself and let us know whether it is media hype or for real. After all, like you said, even if you get the virus, it's just common cold; you will get over it.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by yug View Post
    Reading this comment, there is no hope for humanity!
    If Coronavirus won't kill human, I think their giant ego which yells out "I am smarter than everyone else" will surely be the doom of us all.

You should definitely go to Wuhan yourself and let us know whether it is media hype or for real. After all, like you said, even if you get the virus, it's just common cold; you will get over it.
    All I’m saying is be well informed and get your information from reputable sources. Do you disagree with this statement?

Can I ask where you get your sources of information from? I hope it’s not news.com.au lol

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by sydpunt View Post
    I am surprised not many people are doing this. Easy just switch off for a while before going punting. So no traces whatsoever.

I have deleted location history from google before. Heck you can delete your entire data from google if you wish. Hard to keep up though, coz alot of things are set to on as default
    Yeah, sometimes it gets locations wildly wrong as well. I was using it to help my memory while filling out a time sheet and it placed me at a company in Silverwater that was in direct competition with my current employer at that time. The nearest I'd been was a train from epping to city via strathfield.

Deleted that shit asap before anyone saw it over my shoulder, and stopped using the "feature".

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Looks like the mortality rate is coming down.

That's 2.01%, I think it was 2.07% before.

Use common sense and think about it. Number of deaths divided by number of people having it.... Do you really believe that's the correct way to calculate mortality rate?
    The real rate is actually number of deaths vs number of recoveries... People who have got it and then recovered from it. That number is not yet being published widely simply because it is such a new virus.
    Therefore, I personally rubbish any claims at mortality rates at this point. Up to you what you want to do

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I look at more than one source. The main sources for my previous comment were the who and johns Hopkins for numbers, and a couple of case reports, particularly one in the new England journal of med from the first case in the USA. We do not have a lot of good information at this stage.

The flu can be a serious disease too. Seasonal flu is not. If we had a flu strain in China with similar characteristics to this Coronavirus, it would also be a serious situation. If bird flu started human to human transmission, I would seriously consider heading for the hills.

There is more to assessing the danger of an outbreak than just the mortality rate. We could have 200 cases of Ebola in Sydney and I probably would not be very concerned.

It is almost inevitable now that this outbreak will establish in Australia at some point. It is hard to say how it will go when it does. Hopefully we will cope better than the Chinese but that will come down mostly to chance. If we can keep it out this winter it would help a lot. I expect europe to be affected over their coming winter and there will be a lot of lessons from that.
    WHO and JH is a reputable source. Can you link me to some of the articles. I’m genuinely interested in reading about it.

Latest figures:

Confirmed Coronavirus cases in China now over 30,000

Deads 630 (618 were from the WuBei province)

Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Chill out dude. You’re playing into the media’s hands in trying to convince people it’s the end of the world. .
    Sorry Meng,

If that's made you felt this way.

Just trying to keep an eye on the progress of the crisis. and looking forward to seeing the figures started slowing down or dropping and people getting well and can be released to go home !

Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Hope it works

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I was wondering a bit about all this myself. I don't think there's really too many concerns. The passport scanning seems insane.

I have noticed some shops posting notices about how they aren't letting any girls who have been to China in for the next couple of weeks to put punters minds at ease.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I've been hearing that this virus can cause a 'cykotine storm' which can inflict fatal damage to the lungs of otherwise healthy young people. The doctor who first tried to raise awareness of the coronavirus has passed away at 34 (RIP hero), he was young and apparently healthy beforehand, and looking forward to helping out again once he'd recovered. From Feb 1 when he was first diagnosed it only took 5 days till deceased.

Some links here, admittedly I am not a medical expert so maybe someone with some actual knowledge can chip in and clarify or correct me. Links are from Reddit comments.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...211-7/fulltext
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...183-5/fulltext

Not trying to scare people or anything but I think more information is better than none. I think Australia is pretty safe for the moment, however we still need to be vigilant. Keep an eye on the surrounding Asian countries, hopefully they don't suddenly blow up too.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) Brothelcreeper's Avatar
    Punterman can normally be found with his cock buried inside an Asian girls pussy in Western Sydney.
    It’s the end of the world as we know it

And I feel fine

REM
    Is it a bird, is it a plane, no its Punterman. Always seeking out good value bbbj, DFK, DATY for $150 hr in the Western Sydney brothels.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Use common sense and think about it. Number of deaths divided by number of people having it.... Do you really believe that's the correct way to calculate mortality rate?
    The real rate is actually number of deaths vs number of recoveries...
    WTF are you talking about? The mortality rate is the percentage of people dying who have/had the Coronavirus. So it's simple maths. Total number of deaths divided by total confirmed cases. Around 2%.

Going by your formula: Total deaths divided by total recoveries you end up with a figure around 40%.

Live stats from:
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...41f3eed5ca67fb

Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast