Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    [QUOTE=CockoftheRoot;1952517]I’m glad you’re not in charge! Overreacting will just have a more detrimental effect on the economy and a lot of people’s jobs. It’s inevitable that corona virus will become more widespread but the main thing is to slow it so the health system isn’t overwhelmed. Getting hysterical will only make things worse.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...10-p548jx.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ning-the-curve[/QUOTE
    Just look at Italy 2 weeks ago it have around 100 know infection now over 10000 case and over 600 dead. Iran also say we are in control look at the country. Is only country take restrictions action were able to contend this virus. We are still like is ok mate.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I think the travel ban for China has to stay. Pretty sure the same has already been extended to S Korea , Iran and Italy, if not then it’s still better late then never.

And judging by the sudden explosion in no of confirmed cases, we must also now ban Germany, France, Spain, the USA and Japan !

Fuck the travel industry and export dollars , we can afford to losing all that, what we can’t afford is to have a 1,000 cases here!
    AH, you are correct with the countries experiencing the most problems so far. Here is an interesting coincidence. They are all in winter and their average nighttime temperatures range from 3 to minus 5. There has been commentary as to why Vietnam and Thailand are not topping the charts and temperature may be a factor. I have just finished reading a piece about the lack of cases in Africa at present and that has the experts perplexed. Maybe the hotter weather can slow this down. Also gives some legs to the problem getting worse in 6 weeks. Our nighttime temperatures drop to single digits in May. Still, let's all just keep calm, practice good hygiene and stay away from the sick or the elderly. Just as the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, life will go on. Just be your best to be part of it🙂🙂

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not really.
    Also all three had apparently been in the UK recently, not Italy.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Reading the replies I am surprise how ignorant Australians are, but then I shouldn't be surprise cos I was like that too. Until my work colleague ask me a question: "Do you know what happen to you if you catch the virus and get sick?" I said its like getting flu right? "WRONG!!" My colleague reply:"Its a strain of pneumonia and its damage is permanent, it scar your lungs and very often left some permanent damage at your respiratory system." "To make its worse there is not antibiotics for this virus so its harder to kill."

At that point I start to re think my attitude towards the virus and I took his comment seriously as his son is a doctor in hospital. Further reading shows that although not everyone infected will be as seriously affected as my colleague suggested, but its always possible. I also now understated when the Asians react so strongly as they have been through SARS. They are much more knowledgeable hence they are better prepared.

The two article below are quite good, suggest you all take a read and I hope it help you all become more mindful of this virus.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...s-to-the-body/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifes...113-story.html

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    I’m glad you’re not in charge! Overreacting will just have a more detrimental effect on the economy and a lot of people’s jobs. It’s inevitable that corona virus will become more widespread but the main thing is to slow it so the health system isn’t overwhelmed. Getting hysterical will only make things worse.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...10-p548jx.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ning-the-curve
    We have to remember, stopping the flights from these countries doesn't equal to goods from these countries can't come through. The virus is carried by people not Fiats, Fords, Samsung phones, Kia, etc.

Yes, airlines will be hit. Holiday businesses will be hit. That unfortunately is unavoidable. But other businesses are flourishing, medical companies, pharmaceutical companies, even toilet paper companies. They have increased hiring and production to 24 hours.

Even the articles are saying we need to buy time for our medical and age care facilities to ramp up to cope with the impending wave of infected. Stopping tourist from these countries does just that.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by moving4ward View Post
    Reading the replies I am surprise how ignorant Australians are, but then I shouldn't be surprise cos I was like that too. Until my work colleague ask me a question: "Do you know what happen to you if you catch the virus and get sick?" I said its like getting flu right? "WRONG!!" My colleague reply:"Its a strain of pneumonia and its damage is permanent, it scar your lungs and very often left some permanent damage at your respiratory system." "To make its worse there is not antibiotics for this virus so its harder to kill."

At that point I start to re think my attitude towards the virus and I took his comment seriously as his son is a doctor in hospital. Further reading shows that although not everyone infected will be as seriously affected as my colleague suggested, but its always possible. I also now understated when the Asians react so strongly as they have been through SARS. They are much more knowledgeable hence they are better prepared.

The two article below are quite good, suggest you all take a read and I hope it help you all become more mindful of this virus.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...s-to-the-body/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifes...113-story.html
    Antibiotics should not be used to treat viral infections/flu... but it's good more are becoming aware of how insidious this virus is.

Maintain a strong immune system take the necessary precautions and ride out the storm

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    Mind boggling? Two people?
    She'll be right, mate.... Just wait till more F1 team members are discovered with the virus, then have your mind boggled.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It’s official. WHO declares COVID-19 virus a global pandemic. Advises countries to detect, protect and treat. Stay safe bros!!
    YMMV Folks!!! Earned NOT Demanded
    Happy Punting = Happy Endings!!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Now this has got my brain thinking....unlike how my dick head thinks... Read what is happening at ground Zero....and what media is eliminating...
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00188&sfnsn=mo

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty4 View Post
    Now this has got my brain thinking....unlike how my dick head thinks... Read what is happening at ground Zero....and what media is eliminating...
    The link is broken Bunty.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Friend of mine flew out of Sydney this morning. Heading to South Africa. He said it appeared normal at the airport. Only saw about 2 people with masks on. Just like business as usual.
    Obviously some countries are worse affected by the virus but the media hype makes it seem like it is hardly safe to go to the local shopping centre, let alone consider travelling anywhere.
    The panic caused by sensationalistic media reporting is going to send many small businesses broke.
    People need to be aware that, yes, there is a virus out there, and yes....it has the capability to kill vulnerable people. But to let it control our lives.... There are lots of things that can kill us but we usually accept that risk and continue to live our lives.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    President Trump just announced all travelers from Europe will be banned from entering the US for 30 days. Now that’s an escalation I didn’t see coming!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    And now the NBA season is on hold until further notice. Looks like the US is seriously stepping up its response
    Last edited by DigBick; 12-03-2020 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by DigBick View Post
    President Trump just announced all travelers from Europe will be banned from entering the US for 30 days. Now that’s an escalation I didn’t see coming!
    Decisive moves! Now it’s up to Morrison to follow suit !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Breaking news: nba will go on league hiatus after player tested positive for covid-19. Now it’s impacting the sports world too. And as I was typing this reply my mom called me from overseas checking up on me and mentioned Tom Hanks and his wife contracted the virus here in Australia (I am not sure if this is true). Tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyBoi View Post
    Breaking news: nba will go on league hiatus after player tested positive for covid-19. Now it’s impacting the sports world too. And as I was typing this reply my mom called me from overseas checking up on me and mentioned Tom Hanks and his wife contracted the virus here in Australia (I am not sure if this is true). Tsk tsk.
    Just wait until CNN confirmation

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfway View Post
    The link is broken Bunty.
    Try this

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyBoi View Post
    It's ture...in gold coast

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Just wait until CNN confirmation
    ABC has confirmed

I read/heard something and can’t remember where? That the air we breathe on an airplane was actually coming out from high pressure compressed air cylinders and as a result, it’s actually quite safe to breathe in ? Because the temperature of the air was almost freezing so virus can’t survive there?

Just wasn’t sure how the circulation systems would work, it’s still an enclosed and very congested small space isn’t it ?

Any experts here ?

Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast