Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned
    The Australian government is encouraging social distancing to reduce transmission which will enable health systems to cope. Washing hands and sneezing into elbows on their own won't be enough to extinguish the pandemic. The WHO is urging all nations to 'test, test and test every suspected case'. This is not occurring here because there is not enough equipment to go around. It is obvious and the government is aware of this that our health system won't be able to cope with this pandemic.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    The Australian government is encouraging social distancing to reduce transmission which will enable health systems to cope. Washing hands and sneezing into elbows on their own won't be enough to extinguish the pandemic. The WHO is urging all nations to 'test, test and test every suspected case'. This is not occurring here because there is not enough equipment to go around. It is obvious and the government is aware of this that our health system won't be able to cope with this pandemic.
    Not enough in most countries.

UK NHS policy.
    No testing.

If you've got symptoms stay home for 7-days. No Hospital, no doctors.

If you're not dead or better within 7 days or get substantially worse, then come see us.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    Its inevitable that RnTs and brothels will have to shut their doors for a while, you cant really have social distancing in these places, I am surprised it hasnt happened sooner........
    Unfortunately I think you will be right. Councils are the zoning body to these establishments and the way they are ^assisting^ their staff with health and hygiene matters it is a wonder that any business is operating. The thought that workers will be out of a job falls flat when you consider airlines, cruise lines and a lot of hospitality businesses are basically closed.
    I think any shop wanting to get in front of curve should be implementing temperature checking as a minimum. Update their cleanines and probably the most important, pray nobody who tests positive can be traced back to them. Stay safe everyone🤞🤞

Quote Originally Posted by retrospect View Post
    EVERY ONE should be staying home except for essential purposes. All venues where people gather should shut. We don't have the capacity to treat enough people. We don't have the capacity the test enough people. Our count of infected is lagging because we can't keep up with demand. Those who are infected today will present to hospital in about 12 days on average. The numbers are doubling every 2 to 3 days. We have 2000 ICU beds in the whole country. Total capacity, not spare capacity. The economic modelling is wrong. They are counting public panic as a cost of taking action. It is a cost of the epidemic and will be worse without action. Some countries understand this. Some would rather be rich than alive.

Well said, it's now all up to the respective government/leaders to manage their country's own fate ! Leaders who have the foresight/guts to implement immediate and more drastic measures/actions will be rightfully rewarded with less infections in their own domain !!

If the figures coming out of China is reliable, then the outbreak in China and HuBei should have been plateaued ?

In a more promising view, the numbers in S Korea and Japan have also seemed to be more steady in the past week sitting around 8,000 and 800 something respectively without the rapid rising like weeks before. So there may still be an Olympic happening in July, whether Japan will let everyone except the athletes and officials into the country would be anyone's guess. I don't understand why Morrison didn't go all the way in terms of shutting down the country for two weeks. Wait and see any longer will just make the matter worst.

The Chinese government media is now praising themselves in locking down HuHan and contained the outbreak. and think the world should thank them. As according to the Chinese propaganda, if they had delayed the lockdown for another week. The infected numbers now could be 3 times highers. However, the immediate response from some medical experts was that if China had actioned the lockdown a week earlier, the numbers would have been only one third of what it is now today (meaning 25K instead of 80K! ). take your pick.

So, should we do everything we can NOW ? or wait another week or two until our numbers exploded to thousands like Europe - then do the shut down when it could be all bloody toooooo late ??

The Coronavirus while could bring out some ugly and worst human behaviours - at the same times, it also shows us the best, I think I should share this:

This happened yesterday at Woolworths near work:

I was browsing the aisles trying to find some hand sanitizers for the office (there were none !), and walked past the section where toilet papers are usually stored, all the shelves were empty which didn't surprised me. What turned out to be a really heart warming and pleasant surprise was that a very older Aussie lady on a walking stick was quite upset and distressed as she can't get any toilet paper, then another middle aged Aussie lady from behind me said:

here you go love, take this, this should be good for you for a week (and handed over a pack of 10 toilet rolls, she has two packs in her trolley)

The old lady said, oh no, I can't take this from you, you must have family too,

it's ok darling, you were actually in the shop before me but you can't find the shelves, I was just walking quicker than you that's all, so please take this .

Oh, thank you so much, you are so kind, God bless you.

Now, if we do survive this thing, it would be largely due to this unselfish true blue spirits !

God bless us all.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Well said, they killed the Dr that was trying to help them because they couldn’t resist their urge of exotic animal meat. They can handle the crisis by having a communist autocratic government.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Well said, it's now all up to the respective government/leaders to manage their country's own fate ! Leaders who have the foresight/guts to implement immediate and more drastic measures/actions will be rightfully rewarded with less infections in their own domain !!

If the figures coming out of China is reliable, then the outbreak in China and HuBei should have been plateaued ?

In a more promising view, the numbers in S Korea and Japan have also seemed to be more steady in the past week sitting around 8,000 and 800 something respectively without the rapid rising like weeks before. So there may still be an Olympic happening in July, whether Japan will let everyone except the athletes and officials into the country would be anyone's guess. I don't understand why Morrison didn't go all the way in terms of shutting down the country for two weeks. Wait and see any longer will just make the matter worst.

The Chinese government media is now praising themselves in locking down HuHan and contained the outbreak. and think the world should thank them. As according to the Chinese propaganda, if they had delayed the lockdown for another week. The infected numbers now could be 3 times highers. However, the immediate response from some medical experts was that if China had actioned the lockdown a week earlier, the numbers would have been only one third of what it is now today (meaning 25K instead of 80K! ). take your pick.

So, should we do everything we can NOW ? or wait another week or two until our numbers exploded to thousands like Europe - then do the shut down when it could be all bloody toooooo late ??
    We can see now countries taken extreme isolation/quarantine are doing better than the relax attitude or don't care attitude. What we need now is all countries in the world to do their parts is isolation their citizens for a few weeks including not infected countries. Yes China, if the locals authorities are more open things would have been control better. I hope they learn and we in the west also learn the about our own problems. The western countries government is run by public opinion and afraid do the wrong thing so a wait and see attitude sat in. While a government like China opinion/news is too control you see the problem even if you are telling the truth you can be arrested. So people keep to things to themself.
    Experience with wl/ml if you know them as regular you see how life is hard in China and control. The girls don't talk much on WeChat but if alone in room or going out you hear things.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not sure if you can believe China numbers.

In Singapore, the last two days have been their biggest increases with 30 new cases.

Agree, the hobby is just not sensible at present. No point washing your hands six times a day then doing it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    All speculations, I know it's a threat but this is just creating panic among people. Its no way going to be like Italy for sure

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    I have heard that Doctors from a major Sydney Hospital have written to our leaders stating that on current growth rates Oz will be in a worse position than Italy in 3 weeks. I also believe that they may make the letter public
    And people complain about mixed messages.

Too many friggin experts.
    We have a chief medical officer for a reason

Got a different view. Raise it internally.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    Why should we praise China, they didn't do any thing when the Doctors told them about it apart from putting them in gaol. China let it get out to the world before they did anything.
    Read this...is China telling us the full truth...
    https://ufospotlight.wordpress.com/2...avirus-crisis/

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    Great source! Also from the same website.
    https://ufospotlight.wordpress.com/2...-mind-control/
    Haha...bummer....did see UFO in url.....hmmm sometimes good to read fiction I believe 🤪

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by retrospect View Post
    Why not?
    Because Aussies are immune?
    No, we got more toilet papers

Banned
    The international tourist market to Australia must have just been killed stone dead. I mean that literally. What tourist is going to pay for a holiday to Australia to sit in a hotel room by themselves for two weeks quarantine? The hotel room would have to have the world's finest mini bar, that would be their only hope to attract anyone! Maybe a wide screen tele, showing Australian highlights. We normally get millions of international tourists per year. And now - zero! I can't get my head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    The international tourist market to Australia must have just been killed stone dead. I mean that literally. What tourist is going to pay for a holiday to Australia to sit in a hotel room by themselves for two weeks quarantine? The hotel room would have to have the world's finest mini bar, that would be their only hope to attract anyone! Maybe a wide screen tele, showing Australian highlights. We normally get millions of international tourists per year. And now - zero! I can't get my head around it.
    To save the tourism industry, maybe they should call for tenders to set up brothels in the airport ? So tourists can stay in the airport happily for 2 weeks !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Hopefully a quick two week lockdown, then reopen the doors to tourism in a month then business as usual we pray

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    I would question why anyone in the world would be looking at going on a holiday to anywhere at the moment with this virus raging all around the world.

We are just going to follow Europe and will be in lock down very soon ( I hope ) the sooner the better as our hospital system will not cope. If it is done in the next week then many lives of the sick and elderly will be saved.

Sure people are going to suffer financially, but that's then the time for Govt to help out, It's a waste giving it now and sitting back waiting. If we wait we will have lot's of death, hospitals full and over loaded and then have to lock down. Get the lock down going now and let's hope we can slow it right down without the mass sickness and stress on the hospitals.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Lock dock wouldn't be 2 weeks I would say 1 to 3 months Look at Wuhan is all most 2 months of lock down now. Italy have 2 weeks of lock down now still not much improvement same with S.korea.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Lock dock wouldn't be 2 weeks I would say 1 to 3 months Look at Wuhan is all most 2 months of lock down now. Italy have 2 weeks of lock down now still not much improvement same with S.korea.
    Yes that's because they waited until the numbers got so high before the lockdown happened.

Should we follow them or try something else ?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfway View Post
    Yes that's because they waited until the numbers got so high before the lockdown happened.

Should we follow them or try something else ?
    There is no other way. Only quarantine will do. Only Hope is a vaccine come out fast if not we just have to ride it out

Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast