Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    There is no other way. Only quarantine will do. Only Hope is a vaccine come out fast if not we just have to ride it out
    There are hopes a cure will be available soon, test's in Queensland are positive and a vaccine will be 12-18 mth away....

Scott Morrison has spoken this morning and assured the country that there is No plan for any lock down. The PM also advised that if there is any lock down plan in the future, it will and can only come from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatakonk View Post
    Interesting in depth articles about HK Singapore and Taipei. They learned valuable lessons after SARS, and have been united and vigilant with this pandemic.

Tracking the Coronavirus: How Crowded Asian Cities Tackled an Epidemic

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/w...e=articleShare

Wak

Thanks Wak,

Excellent article and food for thoughts for the rest of the world.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Scott Morrison has spoken this morning and assured the country that there is No plan for any lock down. The PM also advised that if there is any lock down plan in the future, it will and can only come from him.
    Lol, you believe a man who talks to sky friends, doesn't believe in climate change, and ran away on holiday (then lied about it) during possibly our nations greatest disaster?

I have some magic beans you may be interested in, sir .....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longprong View Post
    This did not happen
    USYD themselves have confirmed this
    https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opini...niversity.html

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by retrospect View Post
    Wuhan locked down when there were 444 confirmed cases. We will have over 500 today.
    Except only about 50 spread locally.
    Vast bulk of our cases flew in.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Population of Australia: ~25 million; Number of confirmed cases: <500; number of deaths: 6

Sure it is still early days, and the future is uncertain, but the figures so far are underwhelming. Most of the confirmed cases will recover.

By comparison
    NSW road toll YTD: 68

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    This kind of thinking is seriously flawed. To start with, testing is backwards looking. The "new' cases today caught the virus on average, 12 days ago. So 12 days ago we had 500 cases that we have now detected. It is doubling every 3 days. Get out your calculator. That means we have 8000 cases today that we will have managed to detect in 12 days. About 0.5% to 1% of those will die if we can treat them all. That's what 5 dead from 500 known cases is. If we are overwhelmed and can't treat them all it will be 5% or more. So between 40 and 400 of the people who have so far caught the virus already will die.

When we get 40 to 400 dead from 8000 known cases we will go into lock down. But by then there will be 128,000 cases that will be detected 12 days later.

By Monday we will have over 1000 cases detected. When Italy had 1000 cases detected, 10 days later they had 10,000 and their death rate was moving up over 5%. We will too. Every country had been like this with minor variations in the proportion of cases detected.
    Some people just like to stick their heads in the sand...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnalConquerer View Post
    Some people just like to stick their heads in the sand...
    You like to stick your head in the pussy 😛

This kind of thinking is seriously flawed. To start with, testing is backwards looking. The "new' cases today caught the virus on average, 12 days ago. So 12 days ago we had 500 cases that we have now detected. It is doubling every 3 days. Get out your calculator. That means we have 8000 cases today that we will have managed to detect in 12 days. About 0.5% to 1% of those will die if we can treat them all. That's what 5 dead from 500 known cases is. If we are overwhelmed and can't treat them all it will be 5% or more. So between 40 and 400 of the people who have so far caught the virus already will die.

When we get 40 to 400 dead from 8000 known cases we will go into lock down. But by then there will be 128,000 cases that will be detected 12 days later.

By Monday we will have over 1000 cases detected. When Italy had 1000 cases detected, 10 days later they had 10,000 and their death rate was moving up over 5%. We will too. Every country had been like this with minor variations in the proportion of cases detected.
    Sorry mate, but seriously I hope you are wrong on this, otherwise we will all be damned !!

Italy was a very bad case and I think there government handled it very poorly from the start, also, with the Italian cultures of kissing both cheeks on greeting, that's just asking for trouble, and with the European Union's basically non-existence border security, I sure hope that Australia being so far away and with no direct land access, will face a much lesser outbreak !! besides, when Italy started, the world knew a lot less of the virus and how it will spread back then, a few weeks is a lot more time for us to be prepared and to be alerted, hope we are in a far better position to deal with this.

God Bless Australia !!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

You are right 5 days ago we have 250 case now today 530 case so by Monday will be 1000+ case.
    Just keep this in mind Monday 23.March.2020 we have 1000+ case

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Sorry mate, but seriously I hope you are wrong on this, otherwise we will all be damned !!

Italy was a very bad case and I think there government handled it very poorly from the start, also, with the Italian cultures of kissing both cheeks on greeting, that's just asking for trouble, and with the European Union's basically non-existence border security, I sure hope that Australia being so far away and with no direct land access, will face a much lesser outbreak !! besides, when Italy started, the world knew a lot less of the virus and how it will spread back then, a few weeks is a lot more time for us to be prepared and to be alerted, hope we are in a far better position to deal with this.

God Bless Australia !!
    Just wait 23/03/2020 if Australia have 1000+ case of infection from 530+ case on 18/03/2020. If the estimate is correct then we a fuck!.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    He believes in climate change he is just not sure if man can stop it. The climate has been changing since earth existed.
    I second your thought Pleck....man cannot reverse climate change...it's a natural occurance ever 12-15k years

Junior Member(有D料到)

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    Why should we praise China, they didn't do any thing when the Doctors told them about it apart from putting them in gaol. China let it get out to the world before they did anything.
    I think you're confusing a few corrupt/incompetent bureaucrats with the whole country. Like, Peter Dutton and Pauline Hanson are bigots, does that make the whole of Australia, all of us bigots?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    I just heard a rumour that Morrison has discovered this thread and will make a big announcement on strategy changes on Friday based on the knowledge and wisdom he has gleaned here.
    Good on him. He is most welcome. Not surprise he know this forum.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    We will be at over 1000 cases by Monday, but still mostly imported cases.

I'll be worried when community transmission gets to 1000 (it will get that way unless we ramp up testing and isolation)

Banned
    Surely the most expensive bowl of bat soup in history...

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I'm sure a lot of us would've studied viruses at some point in our lives, maybe in highschool science classes etc. Well I decided to read it up again to refresh my memory.
    According to Wikipedia:
    "Viruses are considered by some to be a life form, because they carry genetic material, reproduce, and evolve through natural selection, although they lack key characteristics (such as cell structure) that are generally considered necessary to count as life. Because they possess some but not all such qualities, viruses have been described as "organisms at the edge of life""

Yep, now I remember them. They're those weird things that are not even "alive" but can somehow infect or attach themselves to other living things and suddenly become alive inside those other things. Wtf... Sounds like something out of an Aliens movie! If you read the Wikipedia page, they say that we're not even sure how they started to exist.
    I mean, if you look at them and how they are so destructive to living organisms in general, and how they are just essentially RNA/DNA sequences, IE. chains of protein arranged in a certain specific way, I can't help but think, are these actually Weapons of Mass Destruction? They are almost like Mother Nature's own pre-programmed ICBMs, launched straight at us to cull us from this Earth because there are just too many of us!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) Brothelcreeper's Avatar
    Punterman can normally be found with his cock buried inside an Asian girls pussy in Western Sydney.
    249 Queen St St Marys brothel owner told me today that business is down 70%
    Is it a bird, is it a plane, no its Punterman. Always seeking out good value bbbj, DFK, DATY for $150 hr in the Western Sydney brothels.

Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast