Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone's job on the line or lost a job recently?

Senior Member(無間使者)

Anyone's job on the line or lost a job recently?

I have been hearing some of my mates who have lost jobs or worried about losing their jobs which eventually won't have funds to punt.

Anyone else feeling it?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post
    I have been hearing some of my mates who have lost jobs or worried about losing their jobs which eventually won't have funds to punt.

Anyone else feeling it?
    Damn right I am, I'm feeling it !

My workload has tripled !!

So much for my semi-retirement.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    No one yet I know is off lossing job but I know a few wl/ml are lossing work.

Most of my staff will be gone from next week !

A few of them have been with the company for more than 10 years, well, at least they all got payout.

I'm working from home, so far I'm okay.

My Thai partner and most of her friends that worked in pubs have all lost their jobs.

Looks like I'll be covering bills for awhile.

Most of these girls have only enough savings to pay rent for the next month or so. Plus no money to send to their families OS.

But not much different if they were back home anyway.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post

My Thai partner and most of her friends that worked in pubs have all lost their jobs.

Most of these girls have only enough savings to pay rent for the next month or so. Plus no money to send to their families OS.

I am a self funded retiree, I still manage to get some freelance work in the industry I have been in all my working life, but I really feel for anyone particularly small business owners who were doing it tough before this and employ hard working Aussies who they have employed for years and having to let them go , the sex industry will recover, its been around for thousands of years.....good luck to all.........

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I've been laid off due to my workplace being closed. I'm only casual, so I was an easy reject. I've got a heap of LSL to keep me going for a while, but suddenly having nothing to do, and limited places to go, is getting hard to adjust to. I've been trying to avoid the tag "pensioner", but that might be my next move.

Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    I am a self funded retiree, I still manage to get some freelance work in the industry I have been in all my working life, but I really feel for anyone particularly small business owners who were doing it tough before this and employ hard working Aussies who they have employed for years and having to let them go , the sex industry will recover, its been around for thousands of years.....good luck to all.........

Yeah, the Centrelink queue is longer than ever and their website was crashed yesterday ! hope everyone eligible can get registered in times and get paid to put food on the table !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post

The
    Reports say more than a million Thais have lost jobs in the last 2 weeks.

Sobering

Extrapolate based on the shitty raggedy ass reportage we are besieged by and someone here ..will surely rear their head and yodel Armageddon

But for all on marginal income future prospects in coming months where welfare and govt aren’t that inclined. Hard.

However who heard the news out of El Salvador

The president has frozen all payment . Including tenant rent etc etc for 6?? Months -and is ready to dish out 70 million to keep everyone fed and as comfy healthy as is possible in these times

A positive story phew

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I've been laid off due to my workplace being closed. I'm only casual, so I was an easy reject. I've got a heap of LSL to keep me going for a while, but suddenly having nothing to do, and limited places to go, is getting hard to adjust to. I've been trying to avoid the tag "pensioner", but that might be my next move.
    Mate, if you have reached that age and eligible for pension, now is the time, that's what we have paid tax for all our life. and then if or when this thing is over, just cum out of retirement and work again, why not ?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    My business is currently shut because of the law. Scrambling to get something else up and running in the mean time. With the stimulus it keeps my staff paid for at least the next 3 months. If I can adjust to the market and keep operating I hope I can make it. If not. I don't how how I feel about letting 4 fulltime staff go.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think this whole pandemic could last a few months. It will recover but it will take a while. Keep your heads up high and all will be ok

Seeing the queues at Centrelink is enough to bring a grown man to tears. A lot of these people have never bothered the government for a hand out before.

I am indeed one of the lucky ones. Our business is struggling to keep up with demand. I'm also about to get my bonus for last year which is very healthy indeed. Just got nowhere to spend it!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    Seeing the queues at Centrelink is enough to bring a grown man to tears. A lot of these people have never bothered the government for a hand out before.

I am indeed one of the lucky ones. Our business is struggling to keep up with demand. I'm also about to get my bonus for last year which is very healthy indeed. Just got nowhere to spend it!
    You could always give some charity......

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Can see this may likely lead to an increase in Aussie girls having to dabble in the the industry / sugar daddy sites. As it will be very tough for a lot of people. Got my notice today, so also impacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonhound69 View Post
    You could always give some charity......
    Will definitely be helping out those close to me that are affected. Also looking at offering a spare room at my house for a family in a bit of trouble.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyer View Post
    Can see this may likely lead to an increase in Aussie girls having to dabble in the the industry / sugar daddy sites. As it will be very tough for a lot of people. Got my notice today, so also impacted.
    I agree. Care to share what industry you're in sir?

Banned
    Will definitely be helping out those close to me that are affected. Also looking at offering a spare room at my house for a family in a bit of trouble.
    How about WLs or MLs? I'm sure some will be affected if they can't pay their rent to some landlords who take rent as cash only with no signed residential tenancy agreements in place.

Banned
    Good stuff, and I mean that sincerely...stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    How about WLs or MLs? I'm sure some will be affected if they can't pay their rent to some landlords who take rent as cash only with no signed residential tenancy agreements in place.
    i really wanted to cut loose this weekend in typical Raybo fashion, but it is looking like it is going to be very difficult to do. Maybe I will have some emergency after hours work to do, get a hotel room and party with a couple of regs.....

I wouldn't lend or give them money, but would be generous when I seen them. A lot of MLs and WLs have pretty decent bankrolls.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast